Do people forge autographs?

It seems like it would be a easy and good way to get away with money. I'm not sure why I started thinking about this but I was looking on eBay for acertain Jordan card and as I was looking at them it seems like it would be really easy just to forge the autograph and no one would know. I don't know,never done it and probably never will. What's your thoughts on this?

Certificate of Authenticity? I mean, that's the only way I would trustit
nerd.gif

Your stupid.... people only pay big money if there's a COA and pictures and proof.... you can't just put some misshaped jordan sig on a card and expectto make more than 2 bucks

MAN.......FOR LIKE EVER I TRIED TO SIGN MY B-BALL WITH JORDANS AUTOGRAPH BUT IT JUST DIDNT WORK......I THINK UR PENMANSHIP HAS TO BE ON POINT OR REALLY BLIND!

Not without the cetificate of authenticity. there was a show a while back on this dudes had hookups with the certificates too :smh

Not really an autograph, but back in 4th grade I got a pink slip for acting out in class, "cursing andsuch". signed my grandpas name on the slip but spelled his first name with a lower case letter and printed instead of signed it cuz i didnt know what asignature was. My teacher found out and my mom beat my %!% at school.

Do They? Try people make living/killing off doin that. There was a special on Dateline or suttin. They even had Dan Marino up there looking at ebay auctionsany dude was like "Nope, I def didnt sign, this, this, this, etc" EVEN with COA there was still scams. Fake certificates I guess.

roll.gif
@ hbkweezy, but I wouldn't trust eBay wit anything autographed man especially wit all tha fake things sold on there daily
smh.gif

are you serious?

of course there are counterfeit autographs.

any "scheme" you ever thought of or will think of, someone has already done.

People don't forge COAs per say, they just make up their own bogus ones. No authenticity service is perfect either. There are hundreds of cases oflegitimate autographs coming back fake, and fake autographs coming back real. If you don't know what you're doing when buying autographed merchandiseon ebay, I would suggest that you just don't do it.

I just got through an episode on National Geographic where dude's were selling fake relics/artifacts; you better believe people forge autographs....

I am a real big memorabilia collector and I know alot about the business and I would say about 60% of ebay autographs are real.....I only buy my stuff from bigname companies like Steiner Sports....you cant go wrong there

Originally Posted by realxfresh

Not without the cetificate of authenticity. there was a show a while back on this dudes had hookups with the certificates too :smh

Now thats a hustle.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom