Do yall "read" people?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I could provide a life story on someone with a milisecond glimpse into their eyes
eek.gif
I thought I was the ONLY one!!
laugh.gif

That is also called "judging someone based on first impressions". And yes, I do that and it has worked for my benefit.

I read people all the time,but it's almost like some kind of mechanism that turns on inside me and not necessarily something I intentionally choose to do(if that makes sense). ....................and no Antigen............Heratio rules!

*puts on shades and leaves*

I've gotten better and I like to think I'm good at it, but it's tough. Most people devote a lot of energy to hiding their true intentions andfeelings. At the same time, a lot comes through unintentionally despite the words they are saying or the laugh they are forcing.

Another complicating factor is that the same mannerism may mean different things at different times. A lack of eye contact can mean a lot of things, forexample. They may lack self-confidence, they may have a lot on their mind, they may be lying to you, etc.

Lastly, it's completely different for someone you just met versus someone you already know. It's much easier in the latter case. If I don't knowthem, the best I can do is to try to figure out how genuine they are.

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by midsOleGone

my job and life depends on it so they teach you.
What do you do? if you dont mind me asking.

police officer in training

*waits for people to ridicule you about becoming a cop*

We don't get ridiculed, we get rid of fools

eek.gif

son turned it into a multi-syllabic bar
laugh.gif

I "read" people all the time. From regular customers at work to even a lot of you on NT. You're not gonna know all about a person from simpleinteractions but you can infer a lot, especially if you just know how people are.

Always go with your gut on people.

I'm a listener when chilling. I talk when it's necessary, but always go with the rule my pops gave me: "You have two ears and one mouth so you canlisten twice as much as you speak."

People always tell you upfront what they're about, you just have to listen to what they're saying.

i'm hella good at reading people. every once in a while though ill trust my instincts on a person and be completely wrong.

I've always been a people-watcher. Probably not so coincidentally, I enjoy photography, I play poker, and I majored in Sociology for the short time that Iwas in school.

It was never really a learned skill to me; it just is. Listen rather than talk - always.

I don't really think of it as judgment, per se. Observing is observing and judging is judging.

I certainly don't see myself as a judgmental person. It's more of a hobby to me, rather than a way of getting ahead and being manipulative.
but always go with the rule my pops gave me: "You have two ears and one mouth so you can listen twice as much as you speak."

I like that.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Yes i read everybody i have a conversation with. In one conversation i can know whether or not i would want to know u more or want to hang around you.

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I try not to make assumptions based on what their demeanor, tone of voice or body language might be that day or at that moment.

This.

We all have our bad days...I'm not gonna completely judge someone based on one interaction.
That.
Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by midsOleGone

my job and life depends on it so they teach you.
What do you do? if you dont mind me asking.

police officer in training

*waits for people to ridicule you about becoming a cop*

We don't get ridiculed, we get rid of fools

eek.gif

son turned it into a multi-syllabic bar
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think in a 15-30 minute conversation with someone you can learn a lot.
All you have to do is focus. Many people are careless and don't really bother for what the other person has to say.
But if you put forth a little effort, then you learn about who someone is rather quickly.
If you focus on the tone of their voice, the body movements, and how they react or act to what they say or talk about.
Then you basically can find out what motivates them, and what makes the quiver in the heat.

Like i think we all can read people, but we just don't notice it.
We all tend to believe everyone is a good person, so all those truths about people get stashed away in the back of our minds.

OP I am sorry, but you either have it or you don't. You don't. I can tell within the first 5 minutes of meeting a person, if I am going to like them.That is just how I am.

French said it simple enough... " Im from the bottom, what a N say will tell you errything about him"

Back
Top Bottom