Do you Buy or sell Jemele Hill's rant of N-word usage in the NBA?

%!%+# please 
laugh.gif

Never understood why NT hates on Jemele so much...she's from the D (and close with my older sister and crew) so I got nothing but love for her.

Never understood why NT hates on Jemele so much...she's from the D (and close with my older sister and crew) so I got nothing but love for her.

so If Kobe came out and said dont worry yall Im secretly Gay, so its okay that I use the "F" word, that would be fine?

so If Kobe came out and said dont worry yall Im secretly Gay, so its okay that I use the "F" word, that would be fine?

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Heres the Kemba Walker vid:
roll.gif

Jemele Hill is right. The NBA is very hypocritical when choosing to dole out punishment regarding things said. If you fined Iverson back in 2000 and Kobe last week for calling someone a @%@!%$, the N word should also carry a penalty. They are both harmful words even though they are accepted in the mainstream culture (USA doesn't even block it out during movies).

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Heres the Kemba Walker vid:
roll.gif

Jemele Hill is right. The NBA is very hypocritical when choosing to dole out punishment regarding things said. If you fined Iverson back in 2000 and Kobe last week for calling someone a @%@!%$, the N word should also carry a penalty. They are both harmful words even though they are accepted in the mainstream culture (USA doesn't even block it out during movies).

good points, i really don't think this would of been an issue from the NBA. You know how much we here from players especially KG when he runs his mouth.

good points, i really don't think this would of been an issue from the NBA. You know how much we here from players especially KG when he runs his mouth.

I agree that it is odd NBA players use the n-word without any repercussions. But the NBA isn't an alternate universe. NBA basketball takes place within a society that uses the N-word casually, like any other slang term. Whereas the N word is most frequently used as a term of endearment, the f word is always used in a derogatory manner. I agree that the distinction drawn between usage of the n-word and the f word is unfair and illogical, but it is a direct reflection of the society we live in.

I agree that it is odd NBA players use the n-word without any repercussions. But the NBA isn't an alternate universe. NBA basketball takes place within a society that uses the N-word casually, like any other slang term. Whereas the N word is most frequently used as a term of endearment, the f word is always used in a derogatory manner. I agree that the distinction drawn between usage of the n-word and the f word is unfair and illogical, but it is a direct reflection of the society we live in.

The only reason why Kobe got fined and such a big deal was made of the issue is because the word he said is deemed offensive to the entire gay community and there will be a backlash from them whenever anyone uses it. If all black people were universally offended by N word usage then the same rules would apply but until we stop using it as a term of endearment then no repercussions will be felt. The N word rolls off of the tongues of black people and anyone else trying to be "down" with ease, of course most people don't care. THEY'RE USED TO HEARING IT!
30t6p3b.gif

The only reason why Kobe got fined and such a big deal was made of the issue is because the word he said is deemed offensive to the entire gay community and there will be a backlash from them whenever anyone uses it. If all black people were universally offended by N word usage then the same rules would apply but until we stop using it as a term of endearment then no repercussions will be felt. The N word rolls off of the tongues of black people and anyone else trying to be "down" with ease, of course most people don't care. THEY'RE USED TO HEARING IT!
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

The reaction would have been completely different, words don't mean anything without context.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

The reaction would have been completely different, words don't mean anything without context.

N-word = the new bro.

Shoudnt be a big deal nowadays, its 2011. Its just those extra sensitive people that get offended or want to make a big deal out of everything.

N-word = the new bro.

Shoudnt be a big deal nowadays, its 2011. Its just those extra sensitive people that get offended or want to make a big deal out of everything.

Back
Top Bottom