Do you feel bad for people not getting there Jays?

Don't trip, this shoe game is a hustle. Why feel bad for someone else when they would probably do the same to you.

I don't understand people who buy multiple pairs. Most of them are jerks, why hoard the shoes when you already got yourself a pair?

it would be nice if everyone who wanted a pair got a pair. but if you put in some work most people could have gotten them, you cant just try the online gameand if yoe were lazy about it then you have to suck it up and pay the 250 a pair before release day.
and for the people hoarding shoe comment im a fan of buying 2 pairs of shoes that i really like so i have one pair to wear whenever wherever and one to stockand have and look fresh if i need them.

yeah, I feel bad for the people who dont get their Jays.. but only the people who stand in line from 12a-6a and still dont get a pair. But the people who think"oh these wont sell out" "they'll be in outlets".. no.. I
laugh.gif
at them

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I feel bad for some people but I don't feel bad for everyone. Like in the case of that mother Rafool is referring to, I would feel some kinda sympathy towards her only because she waited in line for a Christmas present for her son and chances are the woman isn't anything close to knowledgeable about how the sneaker game seems to work this day and age...

I don't however feel bad for people who missed out on "another pair or pairs" just because all they had in mind was to resell the shoes on ebay. If everyone who wanted just one single pair on release date could get a pair, that would be cool but obviously that's just wishful thinking regardless...it's been reiterated plenty of times before but the shoe game has changed alot over the last 20 years....wasn't always like this where you had to camp out and STILL might come up unsuccessful...and that's not my own personal experience but it could've been.
exactly

survival of the fittest. ive had more than my share of dissapointment. those failures only made me work harder and now i have only lined up twice since 06coppin j's......

i never seen nothing like that in minnesota but if it was like that they need to get there earlier

first of all, why were you waiting for ANY of the Countdown Pack??? secondly, that guilt should last no more than 5 steps walking away from the shop...definitely not enough to make it home and write about it

You can't feel bad if you camped out to get a pair for yourself, but if you are someone who buys as many pairs as possible only to sell them on eBay for aprofit, you should feel bad. Reselling prevents the people who actually want to rock the kicks from being able to do that, and thats not right.

i felt bad when only the first 10 people (including myself) in the 50+ people line i was in for the DMPs four years ago got theirs

because the finishline had pre-sold the other 2 dozen or so to their employees, employees who were all about the cash man
and never intented to wear em in the first place

it was way too early in the morning to be doing that, i got mine and i still wanted to beat down the manager, cause he near
caused me to miss out on the '03 wht/cement 3s if it were not for the footaction near-by before that, dude even looked like
a weasel

if you are too cool for empathy then you really aren't that cool g

maybe I would feel kind of bad for the people who didnt cop their kicks, but I am more concerned about myself getting a pair.

I know it sounds selfish, but lets say for example I camped out for space jams and I didnt get em... A good portion of the people who got em wouldn't careabout me not getting em theyre just concerned about getting their pair or pairs... Its a cold world man but at the end of the day you gotta worry about gettingYOUR kicks, and not someone else getting theirs... good thing I got my 2 pairs of space jams
pimp.gif
grin.gif

For me it depends on the situation, if you decided to sleep on a release for whatever reason, then you decide you wanna knock off a pair, hey that's onyou. But when you camp out for however long only to find out that somebody bought up 3-4 pairs in your size, then I feel bad for that person. Not quite surehow I feel about the resell game, I'm not one to knock a hustle, but I can identify understand the perspective of people who do knock it.

^
sick.gif
smh.gif
@you for being ok with typing and posting that.

It depends on the situation, if more than 3+ stores in your area are getting a decent run of pairs for a release and you still turn up empty handed, you'redoing something wrong or didn't really put in the effort. So no sympathy there.

Having wasted multiple hours on the SJ release I have a new perspective. But in the end, they are just shoes, and tomorrow will still come if you don't getthem.

you can get any shoe you want, its just how bad and how much money are you willing to spend?

Originally Posted by Savraj1

I don't understand people who buy multiple pairs. Most of them are jerks, why hoard the shoes when you already got yourself a pair?

Well I purchased 3 pairs and i'll explain why.

I pre-ordered 2 from Oqium.nl
One for me and one for my brother for X-mas.
On Dec. 23rd my hookup at Footlocker in Amsterdam came trough and reserved one pair for me ( Out of the 12 pairs that came to the netherlands... Yes ..footlocker netherlands only got 12 pairs in total to devide between their store in Rotterdam and Amsterdam.. and there's about 19 milion people here inthe netherlands, talk about a limited release.).

Now why 3 pairs.
1 for my brother
1 to keep on ice and
1 to wear.

Usualy I only purchase 1 pair and keep that on ice.
I strictly collect jordans I havent worn any of the 11 pairs that I have .

I have one par of XII taxi's which i purchased vnds from someone that didn't have the original box so I wear those almost every day because I don'tcollect it if it isn't in 100% DS state, then i just wer them.

I also got a pair of very beat XI columbia's that i have worn for almost 11 years and I really wanted to enjoy another pair of XI's on my feet.

So there you have it.

I really want one for the collectiond and really want to wear the SJ too.

That's my reason why I bought more then one.
pimp.gif

Some peoples just need to make connects with these shoe stores, so they don't have to worry about waitning in line. The only release that I have to wait inline for was for the VI's & XI's DMP.

Back
Top Bottom