Do you find it rude when people ask how much you paid for a "big" purchase?

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

never bothered me...

I always give them a ballpark figure anyway.

this
laugh.gif

it isnt as serious as you guys make it seem

Originally Posted by babylonzion

you must be white..

What? 
indifferent.gif

This comment could go two ways.

A: White people like privacy/ are stuck up

or

B: White people don't need to humble brag on how much something cost because they don't care what other people think

Anyway, yes it is rude.

Bunch of uptight people in here. I wouldn't go around asking everyone I know though

I just started to notice how rude it was to ask this question. After buying my car I realized how often people want to know how much you paid for a big purchase like a TV, car or house etc.

Originally Posted by babylonzion

you must be white..
you must be non-white.
OP i think it's annoying if it's someone you don't know well but if it's one of my boys then i don't mind.

Idk I usually don't try to portray any image about my personal life so there's nothing for me to hide.

I feel like if you're someone who generally doesn't identify yourself with your material possessions, you'd look at the question as neutral.

I think its fine because they could be in the market for something and you found what they want in their price range. Its only bad if the price is the FIRST thing to come out of their mouth

it depends on who it is...close friends i don't mind discussing it, but not with people who i dont know...

this one chick today Looked at my Paystub while i went to the bathroom today...and had no shame in talking about it...didn't even know what to
say

I never understood why people get offended either, like come on man..smh Especially foe a car, like WTH is the big deal on disclosing how much you paid for the car? Maybe they want to get the car and curious on the deal. People are so paranoid...#+@@@...SMH

Originally Posted by biff lawson

it depends on who it is...close friends i don't mind discussing it, but not with people who i dont know...

this one chick today Looked at my Paystub while i went to the bathroom today...and had no shame in talking about it...didn't even know what to
say

did you WIO?

it was probably already out, bigger question is: what the hell were you doing in the ladies restroom?

what if you phase it as "Do you mind if I ask what the price was/what you paid for it? "

I think its arrogant when somone openly says what they paid for something, or asks without phrasing it in the most polite way possible.

I know someone who always asks how much i paid for ___ just to see where i am financially, just hit em with the good ol "dont worry bout it"

Originally Posted by optimusp517

I find it annoying because what I tell them is irrelevant lol. It doesn't help them or break them so who cares. I guess human beings are just curious and nosey at the same time lol.
that.

I also hate the fact that people would brag at how much low they got something for, making you feel bad at how much you got it for.

Back
Top Bottom