Do you guys think movies in the 80's were more darker and grittier?

The sickest part in Robocop is when the guy falls out the window at the end and he has those extremely long claymation arms :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That **** is hilarious. I forgot all about dude's long *** fake arms.

A few that I liked that werent mentioned:
976-EVIL- had everybody scared to dial that number.
The Wraith- the engine in that car was sick
Night of the Living Dead- Brains! Braaaaaains!
Big Trouble In Little China(loved this film)- Those Raiden looking dudes were trill
The Lost Boys- Teen vampires before twilight

Back then movies were either PG or R so everything was out of whack :lol:

Fun Fact - Red Dawn 1984 was the first movie in theaters with the new PG-13 rating.

Movie Studios now are so water downed that a lot of 70's/80's ideas won't get approved these days and directors have said it. They're more interested in appealing to the widest base possible while also appealing to overseas markets. So we get the water downed crap with the highest chance "everyone worldwide" will go to.

That bored room scene with the ED 209 kept me from volunteering for stuff when I was a kid ........I was realshook

Can you fly bobby.........spoiler he ccouldn't
Red foreman was a dang bawse ......then he became red foreman

That bored room scene with the ED 209 kept me from volunteering for stuff when I was a kid ........I was realshook

Can you fly bobby.........spoiler he ccouldn't
Red foreman was a dang bawse ......then he became red foreman
Why? lol

I rewatched the 1990 Ninja Turtles recently and thought it seemed pretty dark for a kids movie. Saw it in the theater when I was like 5.

It was the darkest kids movie ever made at that point. So much that they removed profanity and most of the weapons from the sequel and made it lightweight af.

There was profanity in TMNT? It was just Ralph’s 2 s bomb

I can't remember profanity specifically TBH, but the aura of the movie was vastly different than the cartoon I was used to. It would never fly as a rated PG flick today.

They still made $200+ million at the box office though. I sometimes forget how popular the Turtles were in the late 80's-early 90's.

it def captured the essence of how it felt being in nyc at the time.
it was raw and gritty...with some humor but yeah. def different than the cartoon.
part 2 was appreciated as a kid but as an adult...well, its still appreciated lol but it would have been nice to get a sequel with the same aura.

80's to me will always be bladerunner and weird dystopic anime films like Akira. Thats the kind of dark slow burning grit that's been burned into my brain lol. Ima 94 baby tho so what do i know

Ro7dLTt_d.jpg

80's to me will always be bladerunner and weird dystopic anime films like Akira. Thats the kind of dark slow burning grit that's been burned into my brain lol. Ima 94 baby tho so what do i know
you know enough. films like that only existed because of the things that went on back then. ppl used their imaginations based on what they knew/what was going on at the time and went from there. like back to the future 2 is an 80s take on what the future would look like, for example.

those were dope films by the way.

it def captured the essence of how it felt being in nyc at the time.
it was raw and gritty...with some humor but yeah. def different than the cartoon.

Most def. I actually appreciate the dark twist they gave it in retrospect.

Back
Top Bottom