Do you guys tip at a Buffet or Go To orders?

Originally Posted by eleet1

I will usually leave a few bucks at the buffet. I usually base my tip on how often i get my refill on my drink.

same but never on to-go because they didn't do no ordinary service

If take-out is the person's only job, then I tip because they're most likely getting paid the same wage as servers. They're probably responsiblefor taking orders, boxing up food, handling cash..and all of that at the same time as orders pile up. I worked at Outback as a busser and take-out can getreally busy/stressful and a lot of the time it's just one person handling all of it. Why not throw in a couple dollars for their labor?

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

If take-out is the person's only job, then I tip because they're most likely getting paid the same wage as servers. They're probably responsible for taking orders, boxing up food, handling cash..and all of that at the same time as orders pile up. I worked at Outback as a busser and take-out can get really busy/stressful and a lot of the time it's just one person handling all of it. Why not throw in a couple dollars for their labor?
i guess you're the only other person that's worked to go orders. it can get as crazy as it gets for regular wait staff, except youdon't really have other people helping you like the bussers do. when people do large orders with special instructions and you get no tip
mad.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

If take-out is the person's only job, then I tip because they're most likely getting paid the same wage as servers. They're probably responsible for taking orders, boxing up food, handling cash..and all of that at the same time as orders pile up. I worked at Outback as a busser and take-out can get really busy/stressful and a lot of the time it's just one person handling all of it. Why not throw in a couple dollars for their labor?
i guess you're the only other person that's worked to go orders. it can get as crazy as it gets for regular wait staff, except you don't really have other people helping you like the bussers do. when people do large orders with special instructions and you get no tip
mad.gif
tired.gif
yeah thats how it is at my restaurant, they take orders, box them up, prepare all the sidework such as utensils and sauces and when they havelarge orders with no tip, they get mad as hell

i will tip at a takeout if it's a place that i get food often and the face behind the counter is familiar.... it gets to a point where they know you wellenough to add a bit more cheese, peperoni or whatever on your meal

Tipping at takeout is appreciated, but not required. If you don't tip the person who brings your drinks at a buffet, then you are a scrub.

i worked restaurants for 4+ yrs and I'm now in a good financial situation, so i tip everyone. To Go ppl usually 4 bucks, when I pick up my pizza 2 or 3,and etc, and yano, people remember that and will go out of their way to make sure that you're happy.

Originally Posted by Stixx

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

I never go to those places...but i wouldnt

co-sign

EDIT: Buffet @ the Bellagio in Vegas is POPPPPPPPIN....just had to throw that in there

I finally tried the Bellagio Buffet and that place sucked, way overhyped and expensive and I even went on a weekday when it is only $27 for dinner.
Paris Buffet was way better for the same price, even on the weekends.

Usually in a restaurant, if the coast is clear I'll just try and walk out.

If i'm spotted when i'm trying to leave i'll just flat out make a run for it.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Usually in a restaurant, if the coast is clear I'll just try and walk out.

If i'm spotted when i'm trying to leave i'll just flat out make a run for it.
wow, you terrible son don't go back to the same restaurant because they will remember you and will mess with your food.

I tip on big ToGo orders. But if Im paying for the meal with somebody else money ( clients, coworkers, etc) then no tip that day.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at dude literally running away from tipping. The struggle is real :lol:

Last edited:
I do tip for buffet... They still pick up my plates, refill my drink. Don't tip like I usually would at a regular restaurant.

People are trying to make a living too, I can't stand people that don't tip... Garbage indeed.

Take out, never!!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at dude literally running away from tipping. The struggle is real
laugh.gif
Even worse....he isn't running from tipping. It's a given he would never have the class to do that....he was talking about "literally running" away from the entire bill.

Back
Top Bottom