Do you have any jynxes/superstitions when it comes to your fav teams?

I don't (I have a couple for myself when I play poker but thats a different story) but I have to rattle off what my buddy does for the Buffalo Sabres(NHL).

Stuff he does pre-game: This list sums up what he has to do before each contest to 'give the team a chance to win'.

-Listens to 2 full length CDs, one with a bunch of random songs summing up his feelings about the team, another one with other songs and famous calls from theradio guy here in Buffalo
-Has a specific jersey rotation that he wears, if the Sabres win he wears the same jersey for next game, if the Sabres lose the goes to the next one
-Has to play 2-3 games of NHL 2008
-For the playoffs (if we make it) he adds an additional CD for the playoffs to listen to after the first two, giving him 3 total.
-Has different home and away hats he must wear
-Has Sabres sneakers from reebok (no tap tap pull status though
laugh.gif
)

Stuff he does during the game: This list sums up what he has to do to continue the success of the Sabres during any given contest (when they are on theroad, he has season tickets so he goes to every game possible):
-If he is at home when the Sabres score he must play the same goal horn used in HSBC arena
-He has home and away towels he must wave if the Sabres score
-If we win he has to play this soundclip from the 03-04 season when some guy performed at HSBC during intermission during one of the games. I dont remember thename of the song or anything
-Also has to play a Goo Goo Dolls song 'stay with you' if we win

Other miscellanious stuff that gets on my nerves:

-Sets his alarm clock according to roster numbers (ex: if he has to get up in the morning he'll set his alarm for 9:30...Derek Roy's jersey number is9, Ryan Miller's is 30)
-Has a sabres keychain he hangs on his closet door which i constantly knocked off while walking past it this semester at school
-Has a sabres 'light/lamp' thing that is always turned on.
-During the playoffs we got pom poms...if a single string would fall he would collect it, put it in his pocket and hang it on the previously mentioned sabreslight/lamp thing
-Has to be in attendance for pre-game skate (about 1/2 hr before faceoff) at every game, no later

This is all I can think of for now. I have told him he has OCD and he fails to believe me.
Does anyone else either have/know someone with these many superstitions?

I have a **+@ load of superstitions
laugh.gif
. From flipping the channel to the way I am sitting and such other random **+@
laugh.gif
. Also, I go to A's games ingreen and gold socks, and I got to wear the same color on the same leg if they win
laugh.gif

Yeah...I think back in the day I thought when I played Madden on Saturday the 49ers would win on Sunday. Obviously in recent years that hasn't been provento be true.
Same with the Warriors-I'd play one game of Live on my PC before the game at night, I did this high school a lot and I think it was actually prettysuccessful.

1) I wear my Cowboys ring every day...

2) Every Sunday before a game, I wake up and touch my FatHead (the giant helmet sticker on the ceiling, dammit!!!) 4 good luck...

3) If we're doin bad, I'll rub my tat 4 good luck...

4) In the week before a game, I never wear the colors of the opposing team...on game day I always wear ours...

5) I can only watch a game in certain places...

6) I NEVER miss a game...

7) Once I'm watchin a game, I cant stop, no matter what happens 4 either team...

Yeah, I know this dont impact the game one way or another (I'm pretty sure :/ ) and I also know I need help...It's whateva *goes 2 dallascowboys.com,reads Mick's Mail, editorials*

Originally Posted by captNaj

2) Every Sunday before a game, I wake up and touch my FatHead (the giant helmet sticker on the ceiling, dammit!!!) 4 good luck...
Fatheads...
laugh.gif
sick.gif

- I don't wear my team's gear on game day UNLESS I'm actually going to be at the game. I always feel bad if we lose and I wore gear from that teamthat day.
embarassed.gif

- I don't post in game day threads until the game has started, unless it has to do with moderating. And even THEN, I think to myself 'Dammit, why'dthis dude have to go and make me say something like 'We don't allow pics in sigs.'? Now we're going to lose 'cause I had to say somethingbefore tipoff/the opening pitch/kickoff.'

- As long as they are playing and it's being aired, missing the action will result in my team being blitzed by like 10, 5 touchdowns, or 9 consecutivebaskets from the other team until I get back to watching. If they're on and I'm neither watching or listening, and they lose, it was my fault.
frown.gif
Iwasn't paying attention and supporting them, and they lost because of it.
frown.gif
And if there's absolutely NO WAY I can catch the game and they lose...
smh.gif
I'm just ready to off myself. Like if I would have watched the game, they would have won or something.
laugh.gif
Hey, maybe.
nerd.gif
Probably would have.
frown.gif

Just those 3, and it's been those 3 for a good while now (the second one for a couple years).

i have another warriors' one....
going to a warrior game (this season)-
2-0 wearing my J-Rich authentic
0-4 wearing my Stephen Jackson swingman

sorry warrior fans, i caught onto it too late
laugh.gif
frown.gif

next year i'm definitely goin with the jrich to games

Actually, there is one more, and I know why I forgot this one: I've been doing it for so long it's really just became a way of life.

Honest to God... DESSERT IS FOR THE 4TH QUARTER OR THE 8TH INNING, and not a SECOND before. I remember doing this as a KID with Angel games. I don't careHOW good it looks; dessert may not... will not... CAN NOT... be eaten before the 4th quarter or the 8th inning. And you can NOT finish dessert before the gameends (and getting seconds doesn't count).

Like if we order pizza and we get cinnasticks with them, I'm not even thinking about cinnasticks until the 4th quarter starts. And if that means that Idon't get any cinnasticks because everyone ate 'em all in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, then so be it. That's taking one for the team.

Like if we order pizza and we get cinnasticks with them, I'm not even thinking about cinnasticks until the 4th quarter starts. And if that means that I don't get any cinnasticks because everyone ate 'em all in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, then so be it. That's taking one for the team.
laugh.gif

Ska being, Ska

NedFlanders3.gif

^
laugh.gif
I sort of do the same thing, I usually don't eat before I go to Sabres games so I'll grab chicken fingers/fries during 1st intermission then grabice cream durin the 2nd intermission...doesn't feel right any other way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
frown.gif

mad.gif

Also, when I attend Padre games at Petco, I have to eat a Friar Frank, French Fries, and a Large Coke. I have to eat all of my food before I actually sit downin my sit to watch the game.

So far, every Padre game I've attended doing that ritual, we've won.

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
frown.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

^^yeah, i went to some games in December and the Warriors lost twice with me rockin the Jax, i sorta figured that might be true, but when I was back in the Yayduring March to watch games I didn't think it was real.
smh.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif

To make matters worse, the losses were to New Orleans, Denver, Houston, Lakers (the game with that ending), all games that were very critical to our chances.

1. I can't take phone calls from certain people while watching the game

2. If my team is on a run, i don't turn up or mess with the volume on the T.V.

3. I can never wear my cavs throwback while watching/attending a cavs game, 0-1 when that jersey is on (game 6 vs detroit, 2 seasons ago had it on)

lmao @ some of the replies... the lucky shorts
laugh.gif
, the j-rich jersey
laugh.gif

Don't really have any supersticious... eh, when we were kids, my sister says everytime i watch a Laker game interrupting her favorite show (especiallyduring the playoffs) they end up losing. (bulls vs lakers, jazz vs lakers 11 yrs ago
laugh.gif
)

Let's just say my Pierce alternate swingman jersey has a pretty damn good record this season...(I'm not jinxing this so I am refraining from saying therecord)

I inexplicably lost my "I am a celtic" elastic "livestrong" thingy the night before the KG trade. I had been wearing that thing for 3 yearsstraight. I found it right after game 2 against the hawks and put it on before game 3 (I take full responsibility for every loss in Atlanta).... Take a wildguess what happened to it

But wow, that Sabres fan is wild. His life must have been a mess in that strike season.

Back
Top Bottom