Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

I can only speak for LA, but the LAPD budget has increased year after year and crime went up until 2023.
The city of LA had a hiring freeze over every department but the police department, yet things got worse.
The LAPD absolutely needs to be "defunded" :lol:

For SF, we literally defunded them and had to dedefunded them because it got worse

It was eluded to earlier but it seems most folks still don't understand what defund the police is about in here. Has nothing to do with increased or decreased police presence or spending.

Defunding was only ever a methodology for reform. The way they have these charters and contracts set up with police unions its almost impossible to initiate any reforms. You can't just go in and fire all the "bad cops". The process was essentially to defund the entire organization and leave them without authority or a budget. In effect you are firing the entire police force and starting a new force with whatever officers you want to keep plus any additional hires. It was never about not having any police, having less police or reigning in spending. It was just a proposed loophole to clean house.

People who have an Xbox and no other gaming consoles are old dads who drive mini-vans. “Best value in gaming!”

In comparison to regular soda - in all aspects it is.

In comparison to just drinking water, no.
An elbow to the jaw and a knee to the neck are different, but they both can **** you up just the same.

while diet soda doesn't contain real sugar or calories it does contain a lot of additives and artificial ingredients including sweeteners. These ingredients are full of unnatural chemicals that can cause your body to crave more high-calorie and sugar-laden foods. 2017 -pennmedicine.org

An elbow to the jaw and a knee to the neck are different, but they both can **** you up just the same.

while diet soda doesn't contain real sugar or calories it does contain a lot of additives and artificial ingredients including sweeteners. These ingredients are full of unnatural chemicals that can cause your body to crave more high-calorie and sugar-laden foods. 2017 -pennmedicine.org

There are many sources I’ve seen regarding meta analysis’ that confirm aspartame (the main issue when people make a case against diet soda) isn’t harmful to humans unless it’s in unrealistic amounts.

At this point either camp picks a side and stands by it, so I’m not trying to change your mind.

The flat out truth is- 0 calories and 0 sugar in comparison to real sugar drinks is far healthier than a regular soda.

The term “man made” or “unnatural” is funny because it always makes people assume it’s terrible for you, but we’re finding out that’s not the case with aspartame.

There are many sources I’ve seen regarding meta analysis’ that confirm aspartame (the main issue when people make a case against diet soda) isn’t harmful to humans unless it’s in unrealistic amounts.

At this point either camp picks a side and stands by it, so I’m not trying to change your mind.

The flat out truth is- 0 calories and 0 sugar in comparison to real sugar drinks is far healthier than a regular soda.

The term “man made” or “unnatural” is funny because it always makes people assume it’s terrible for you, but we’re finding out that’s not the case with aspartame.
Diabetes has been killing people for centuries..

Not sure what you've read or where the truth lies on this but what I do know is a lot of products we found out are harmful later on initially had research saying how safe or harmless it was. These companies pay for or otherwise sponsor research that benefits their narrative and bottom line.

Not sure what you've read or where the truth lies on this but what I do know is a lot of products we found out are harmful later on initially had research saying how safe or harmless it was. These companies pay for or otherwise sponsor research that benefits their narrative and bottom line.
Yeah this is the opposite.

It’s been years of people saying aspartame and diet soda is bad.

Meta analysis of this has shown that is not the case.

Again, in comparison to water yes it’s bad. But that can be said about anything. In comparison to calorie dense drinks or high sugar drinks, recent research is suggesting that there is no realistic risk of aspartame causing cancer or any health problems.

Last edited:
I'm the guy at McDonald's ordering a burger, fries and a Diet Coke. People like to make fun of this but I don't see what's wrong with consuming 1400 calories instead of 1700. Obviously McDonald's isn't healthy but why not cut back where you can. 🤷
think-about-it-reece-simpson.gif

I don’t drink soda often, but diet soda, especially coke, just tastes so horrible to me :lol:

Since y’all are smarter than me, what’s the deal with stevia? I tried a soda with that and thought it was pretty good.

It was eluded to earlier but it seems most folks still don't understand what defund the police is about in here. Has nothing to do with increased or decreased police presence or spending.

Defunding was only ever a methodology for reform. The way they have these charters and contracts set up with police unions its almost impossible to initiate any reforms. You can't just go in and fire all the "bad cops". The process was essentially to defund the entire organization and leave them without authority or a budget. In effect you are firing the entire police force and starting a new force with whatever officers you want to keep plus any additional hires. It was never about not having any police, having less police or reigning in spending. It was just a proposed loophole to clean house.

but no one thinks that if you say defund

I'm the guy at McDonald's ordering a burger, fries and a Diet Coke. People like to make fun of this but I don't see what's wrong with consuming 1400 calories instead of 1700. Obviously McDonald's isn't healthy but why not cut back where you can. 🤷
Actually if you go to McDonald and ordering a burger, fries and a water?

Something is terribly wrong and I don't trust you..

dc91db6ed04f323c9334fa1edb9ed5e3.jpg

Mpls I got love for you g

But we all know that maybe once a year or so.. McDonalds sounds delicious in the worst way.

Then quickly after, the post-McNut clarity got me wondering why I did it.. sitting there with fry grease on my fingers and reeling from that crispy soda they got.

And I wait again until I want it again.

Back
Top Bottom