Do you like your height?

I’m short. 5’6…but usually said 5’8.
Confirmed it sucks lol.

Had to try 3x harder to make the high school
hoops team than my 6+ friends. Was way better than them.

Had to try 10x harder to pull females.

As a married adult though it’s less important. Life’s been a lot less effortful and stressful. I got perseverance and effort ingrained in me as a habit. Makes it easy to succeed at work. Now i’m losing my hair and i got a head that looks terrible bald. At some point you just realize that being content with life is also a skill that you gotta move on quicker and be resilient. We all end up under eventually might as well try to enjoy what you do have and focus less on what you don’t.

6’0ish but apparently I “look” taller. Not sure what that means :lol:

Only reason I’m a little salty about my height is because I was 5’11 at 14 and the doctor said I’d probably be 6’3-6’4 after another growth spurt. Obviously that didn’t happen.

Too many ppl be lying about their height tho. I look down at a lot of allegedly 5’11 ppl :lol:

Embrace what you got fellas, I got greys everywhere and I embrace
Confirmed it sucks lol.

Had to try 10x harder to pull females.

As a married adult though it’s less important. Life’s been a lot less effortful and stressful. I got perseverance and effort ingrained in me as a habit. Makes it easy to succeed at work. Now i’m losing my hair and i got a head that looks terrible bald. At some point you just realize that being content with life is also a skill that you gotta move on quicker and be resilient. We all end up under eventually might as well try to enjoy what you do have and focus less on what you don’t.
Short, bald and successful , the bold is the only thing that matters king :pimp:

5'7

i wasnt necessarily insecure about my height it was more so about my security because i grew up poor so that affected everything but once i achieved my academic goal and made REAL money that's when my confidence began and I stopped caring

Same except I got game. The worse was playing in hoop leagues being 6’3 they try to make u pf/C as a teen. Like ***** 6’3 on the next level is a pg, idk wth to do in the post.

Happened to me in elementary school except it was more like 5'4 or 5 probably LOL. Played PF/SF and ended up being a guard in HS/pick up at 5'7. :frown:
I liked playing in the post tho. I'll play in the post when there is a smaller guard on me.

6'0 is my ideal, but you get what you get and embrace it and move on. Be confident and you will be 'taller.'

6’0ish but apparently I “look” taller. Not sure what that means :lol:

Only reason I’m a little salty about my height is because I was 5’11 at 14 and the doctor said I’d probably be 6’3-6’4 after another growth spurt. Obviously that didn’t happen.

Too many ppl be lying about their height tho. I look down at a lot of allegedly 5’11 ppl :lol:
My cousin was like that growing up. He’s 5’9ish now but he peaked in like 7th grade :lol:

6'5 here
without shoes

also 220

took a long time to be comfortable with my size, as Im naturally an introvert
you cant hide with those stats

yup, everyone new I meet will ask if I play basketball
I can hoop too
I actually dont mind the assumption/stereotype
theres worse things you can be linked to
and being assumed to be an athlete, Ill take that

Same except I got game. The worse was playing in hoop leagues being 6’3 they try to make u pf/C as a teen. Like ***** 6’3 on the next level is a pg, idk wth to do in the post.

I used to be bitter about this for the longest time because my pg was always some speedy 5 foot nothing dude with no real shot at anything because of his size and they got me in the post battling wooly mammoths when I’m a natural 2

In retrospect it actually did improve my game in the post tho

I’m fine with being 5’11”, would’ve been nice to join the 6 ft club but I can always lie about that on dating apps.

My size 13 feet on the other hand look goofy
size 14 here
I understand

was wearing a size 13 at like 12/13 lol

most jordans are perfect for me though
dont look too big/goofy
and are lower to the ground/dont make me feel taller
I hate feeling taller than I am already
feels unstable too

also why I dont like riding bikes
id have to get an absurdly big frame
thus making me taller than I would be just walking
na, no thanks

fun fact
rasheed wallace at 6'11 wears a 13
wild

yup, everyone new I meet will ask if I play basketball
I can hoop too
I actually dont mind the assumption/stereotype
theres worse things you can be linked to
and being assumed to be an athlete, Ill take that
Just know I respect you as more than an athlete, Original Bobby Johnson
1690019565601.jpeg

1690019659913.gif

size 14 here
I understand

was wearing a size 13 at like 12/13 lol

most jordans are perfect for me though
dont look too big/goofy
and are lower to the ground/dont make me feel taller
I hate feeling taller than I am already
feels unstable too

also why I dont like riding bikes
id have to get an absurdly big frame
thus making me taller than I would be just walking
na, no thanks

fun fact
rasheed wallace at 6'11 wears a 13
wild
I'm 6'6 and like the Usain Bolt of bike riding :lol: Hated my height as a kid because it made me stand out so much but I'm good with it now. Rasheed might be lion about the 6'11 even though I'm a sz 13 as well. I met Melo and Stat and both them lie about their height or I'm taller than 6'6 and my doc needs new equipment in his office.

6’1 with a little head. I wear a 7 1/8 fitted. I’d be an inch taller if I had a bigger head.

This thread reminds me of something. Back when I was little, there was this one kid who must've been fed pure growth hormone or something because this dude was like 6'3 at 13 years old.
Maybe a little bit exaggerated but it was at least several heads above literally everyone else for much of the time I went to school with him. It looked ridiculous.
He liked to play football (soccer), and one time got a parental complaint from someone who thought he was "cheating" at a playground by claiming he was 13 while actually being several years older. This dude was absolute garbage, and the opposing team would've been happy he was on the pitch, even if he was actually 'age-cheating.'

Confirmed it sucks lol.

I always appreciated the smaller guy that boxed out regardless of the other persons height
I dont think people understand this enough
most tall people in your average runs dont want to be physical
go at them

Rasheed might be lion about the 6'11 even though I'm a sz 13 as well.
even so, thats way too small a shoe size for anyone over 6'6 lol

I’m 5’7, my younger brother is 5’11. He took all the tall genes in the family. I’m Filipino and lucky i’m not 5’2.
There's actually a fact that usually if a man has two sons, the second son will always be taller than the first son.

Whoa that’s interesting^ will have to read up on that.

Unrelated - i wonder how high school and college kids now feel about height. Growing up in the late 90s early 2000s it was a big deal and girls definitely had that you have to be tall attitude.

Seems like there is a lot more inclusiveness nowadays though and we all know that women’s view of attractiveness is partly perception and upbringings.

Whoa that’s interesting^ will have to read up on that.

Unrelated - i wonder how high school and college kids now feel about height. Growing up in the late 90s early 2000s it was a big deal and girls definitely had that you have to be tall attitude.

Seems like there is a lot more inclusiveness nowadays though and we all know that women’s view of attractiveness is partly perception and upbringings.

When I was in school (born in '94), I personally don't recall anyone ever complaining about being 'short'. It was a beauty standard and we all wanted to reach at least 6 feet, sure, but it wasn't something anyone I knew obsessed over.
With the rise of social media, I have the complete opposite impression. Beauty standards to me feel more imposed than ever through the constant reinforcement of social media.

I'm 6'2. Other than occasionally being asked to reach things on the top shelf and the clumsy spells, im good with my height.

I’m exactly 6’3.5” with no shoes. Size 13 most shoes sometimes 14.

If you had a choice between 5’9 and 6’7 which one would you take? I’m taking 5’9 for various reasons but I’m happy with where I’m at

I’m exactly 6’3.5” with no shoes. Size 13 most shoes sometimes 14.

If you had a choice between 5’9 and 6’7 which one would you take? I’m taking 5’9 for various reasons but I’m happy with where I’m at
5'9 for sure. I don't think people realize how much of a hassle a height of that extent can be.

Back
Top Bottom