Do you/should you tip your barber or tattoo artist?

Barbers yes because shops force barbers to charge a certain price most of the times. Tattoo parlor (never had one) dont they usually have their own prices for their sessions? I guess if they go out there way to schedule and what not maybe but why not just give them what they ask for?

My haircut is $15 always give my barber the whole $20. And i always tip my tattoo artist as well (amt. depends on how much ink i got done though)

My haircut is $15 always give my barber the whole $20. And i always tip my tattoo artist as well (amt. depends on how much ink i got done though)

barbers yes...tattoo artists yes

Right now my artist is charging $100/hour so at the end when my tattoo is done ill put in a few extra bucks.

barbers only tip $3 more

barbers yes...tattoo artists yes

Right now my artist is charging $100/hour so at the end when my tattoo is done ill put in a few extra bucks.

barbers only tip $3 more

I tip my barber around 5 and I tip my tattoo artist around 30ish. I tip 20% at restaurants too so I guess I'm generous

I tip my barber around 5 and I tip my tattoo artist around 30ish. I tip 20% at restaurants too so I guess I'm generous

Originally Posted by Ninjahood

Barber? Nah definitely tattoo artist though.

Originally Posted by DMoney87

i tip my barber but usually not my tat dude its already pretty expensive and the money goes right in his pocket anyway

laugh.gif
that Scorpion and Sub-Zero posted one after the other and have completely different opinions on this topic

i tip my barber but usually not my tat dude its already pretty expensive and the money goes right in his pocket anyway

laugh.gif
that Scorpion and Sub-Zero posted one after the other and have completely different opinions on this topic

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

laugh.gif
roll.gif
just noticed that.  I tip barber, tattoo artist and bartender..

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

laugh.gif
roll.gif
just noticed that.  I tip barber, tattoo artist and bartender..

I always tip $5 bucks to whoever cuts my hair..Tattoo artist is different..If Im getting a quick touch up or have a short sitting then I don't tip..Anything over an hour I give him a little extra..If it's a really big piece that involves multiple sittings then I get him after the entire thing is done..And to the guy that said that the money goes straight into the tattoo guys pocket, that is not true depending on the situation..If your artist is like mine and owns the shop then the money goes to his pocket, but he has to pay a shop manager, utilities, pay for the artists' supplies, and any other expenses that arise..If your artist works for someone else then he/she could be coughing up to 50% of each tattoo to the shop owner..So if you go to an artist that doesnt own the shop, then by all means kick him some extra cash because thats the only money he doesnt have to split with the shop owner..

I always tip $5 bucks to whoever cuts my hair..Tattoo artist is different..If Im getting a quick touch up or have a short sitting then I don't tip..Anything over an hour I give him a little extra..If it's a really big piece that involves multiple sittings then I get him after the entire thing is done..And to the guy that said that the money goes straight into the tattoo guys pocket, that is not true depending on the situation..If your artist is like mine and owns the shop then the money goes to his pocket, but he has to pay a shop manager, utilities, pay for the artists' supplies, and any other expenses that arise..If your artist works for someone else then he/she could be coughing up to 50% of each tattoo to the shop owner..So if you go to an artist that doesnt own the shop, then by all means kick him some extra cash because thats the only money he doesnt have to split with the shop owner..

i tip my barber because he has cut my hair on days he was closed, before the shop opened, or after hours.

i tip my barber because he has cut my hair on days he was closed, before the shop opened, or after hours.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Take care of your tattoo artist and he'll take care of you.

Exactly.

If my tatt is sick, I am tipping. I tipped dude last time 50 for a tatt for 3 bills.  

Originally Posted by Murda He

I don't leave tips...

Although I prefer cultures where tipping is demeaning, it is a horrible truth that many professions rely on tips.

I certainly don't see it as a prereq, but if the service is above average my tip will reflect that.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Take care of your tattoo artist and he'll take care of you.

Exactly.

If my tatt is sick, I am tipping. I tipped dude last time 50 for a tatt for 3 bills.  

Originally Posted by Murda He

I don't leave tips...

Although I prefer cultures where tipping is demeaning, it is a horrible truth that many professions rely on tips.

I certainly don't see it as a prereq, but if the service is above average my tip will reflect that.

Back
Top Bottom