Do you/should you tip your barber or tattoo artist?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Take care of your tattoo artist and he'll take care of you.
what does that mean exactly? if i don't tip, on the next trip he'll stray outside the lines?
laugh.gif
his job isn't dependent on tips.  like i said earlier, he sets his own rates depending on the tat. i've gotten tats from 3 different artists in 3 different shops. none of the shops had a tat menu with prices. none of them had suggested tip charts. 

what does that mean exactly? if i don't tip, on the next trip he'll stray outside the lines?
laugh.gif
his job isn't dependent on tips.  like i said earlier, he sets his own rates depending on the tat. i've gotten tats from 3 different artists in 3 different shops. none of the shops had a tat menu with prices. none of them had suggested tip charts. 

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

laugh.gif
yeah i gotta say i think the artists at the tat shop i go to would be extremely surprised to receive a tip.. mostly since they charge so much anyway.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

laugh.gif
yeah i gotta say i think the artists at the tat shop i go to would be extremely surprised to receive a tip.. mostly since they charge so much anyway.

i fell you should, i tip my barber, that time he's my uncle, i think they do a better job when you tip um

i fell you should, i tip my barber, that time he's my uncle, i think they do a better job when you tip um

my barber charges me $10 and I give him a $20. When he cuts my son's hair as well I give him $35 (total for both of us is like $17). He's my homeboy and i've know him for years. He looks out and does a great job.

the last tat I got ran me $300 on a disco. I gave homeboy $50. That tat would've cost me $450 with out a tip anywhere else.

my barber charges me $10 and I give him a $20. When he cuts my son's hair as well I give him $35 (total for both of us is like $17). He's my homeboy and i've know him for years. He looks out and does a great job.

the last tat I got ran me $300 on a disco. I gave homeboy $50. That tat would've cost me $450 with out a tip anywhere else.

i hook my barber up around xmas. usually like $50 and a 6 pack. rest of the year its $10 for the cut and im out.

always tip tattoo artists. you hook them up, they hook you up even better.

and being a bartender myself, tips are always welcome
wink.gif

i hook my barber up around xmas. usually like $50 and a 6 pack. rest of the year its $10 for the cut and im out.

always tip tattoo artists. you hook them up, they hook you up even better.

and being a bartender myself, tips are always welcome
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom