Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

Sad times man. Such a great feeling sitting in the whip trying to open up a cd for 5 minutes then popping it in the cd deck. Now I have to take it home and pop it in the laptop then transfer to an iPod/iphone. I hope an online retailer will still continue to sell cd's. I always enjoyed looking at the album insert to read the production credits or look at the artwork.

It's crazy I grew up looking through my dads vinyl collections, and I saw CD's come and go. And vinyls made a comeback.

I'd rather be at home looking at vinyl and listening that way at home to specific albums. When on the go, as long as I have signal, I have access to all of Apple Music.

That's just fine by me.

It's funny, there were a few albums that came out in 2017 that I didn't buy because they were only digital. I would have bought them if they came out on CD. Uncle Murda, CyHi, Dave East, HER and Ferg. I can't pay for digital music, doesn't feel like I'm paying for anything.

Used to love going to Tower Records. I still buy some cd’s. Mostly of albums where I like the majority of the songs.

5184E4F5-2CE2-43C8-BBEE-D0EE0A387DE6.jpeg

Last CD I bought was Lupe’s Food & Liquor :frown:

Now I just buy the album off iTunes if it’s worth it. I bought way too many dud albums before everything was so easily available to get online.

I do miss opening a fresh CD, popping it in, reading through the booklet and looking through the credits while the album is playing. :pimp:

CDs aren’t going anywhere.

If cassettes can come back, anything's possible.

CDs will just become “retro chic”

I read in the article that Best Buy planned on still carrying Vinyl, which is such a scam.

Don’t buy that overpriced, repressed stuff.

I have a problem with the vinyl resurgence. People are out here buying analog LPs (“because it sounds better”) for new music that was made digitally.

It’s *** backwards. :smh:

Last CD I bought was Beauty Behind The Madness. Prior to that was Kiss Land x2. My all time favorite artist is no longer making music due to the fact that he's dead (Michael Jackson) & my current favorite seems to be dead musically. I don't think I'll miss the CD too much.

I think the first CD I got was And Then There Was X.

They sent me Miguel’s new cd in the mail because I bought concert tickets and it’s still sitting in the plastic wrap. I’ll probably never open it. I’ve started buying vinyl though.

My all time favorite artist is no longer making music due to the fact that he's dead (Michael Jackson)

You know...sometimes I’m relieved that he never had the chance to release any music after 03. Because if he was alive today, he’d be making stuff with Pitbull.

You know I’m right :lol:

I still buy CDs and I don't know anyone else that still does. Most people just stream now because it's much easier. I still buy because music been my first love since I was like 7. I enjoy purchasing a CD if I love the album. I'm thankful that now I can download and hear first before I buy. The old days of paying $17-$21 for an album and only liking 2-3 songs were brutal. The CD sections in Best Buy and Target have gotten small as hell. It's been shrink drastically for like 2-3 years now.

This is probably all I bought in 2017, still gotta go buy Scarface.

I don't really buy Vinyl, I put all my Vinyl on my wall from when I was a kid and bought some new **** to add to my wall and that was it.

IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_6667.JPG
IMG_6971.JPG
Still buy cd’s
But I’m more cautious now
Then in the earlier 2000’s
I used to buy every album
Now it has to be someone I really like
Or a great album

I drive an old car and it has a cd player but I can’t even remember the last time I bought a cd.

I haven’t bought 1 physical game for my switch. Will be the same when I get a xb1x. Most new games that come have to be installed anyway now so you only put the disc in for validation you purchased.

Last CD I bought was A$AP Rocky's last project. My car doesn't even have a CD player. My old car had CD player and cassete. That adapter was clutch for phones. What's good with vinyls being popular all of a sudden?

You know...sometimes I’m relieved that he never had the chance to release any music after 03. Because if he was alive today, he’d be making stuff with Pitbull.

You know I’m right :lol:
clint_ew.gif

Like that damn Thriller 25 joint with Fergie and 'em.

I'm good for a couple cd's a year. Last buy was KRIT's latest.

Current car line-up: DAMN, NxWorries, Return of 4eva, Anti, The Infamous, Piniata.

I heard the chronic on tape lol.
First CD heard was the Joshua tree by u2

Yutes will never know the "book"
Or the resilience of a cd
You could use one for coaster and it would still work
First tape I bought was the Chronic.. I couldnt afford the extra $4 for the cd. So I bought the tape for $8.99. I was 10.

Back
Top Bottom