Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

I just recently got a record player. It has CD AND Cassette options for music. I'm slowing buiding my vinyl. Just got The Strokes Is This It and Childish Gambino's Awaken My Love in the mail last week. I've always enjoyed buying my favorite artists CDs, especially for the album art. I slowed down buying CDS though. I'd mostly search evay for older albums I never had or one's that I once had. Trying to decide if I should get Plastic Beach for CD or Vinyl. I'll probably post my CDs one of these days if the thread is still active.

First CD i’ve Ever purchased was “Slim Shady LP” in 1999. I was 12 years old.

Last CD I purchased was G-Eazy’s The beautiful and damned” and Eminem’s last album, “Revival”.

I have an old soul and I can honestly say that I still purchase CD’s because I love to collect them. I just love music overall and having the physical copies is sentimental and you never know what could happen if you was to digitally purchase albums and your computer crashes. I have a lot of CD’s and I don’t regret owning any of them. Even now, I still purchase the CD and put it on my iPod Touch that had 128gb’s, so I have tons of space to add more music. I get a few digit songs off iTunes here and there, but nothing beats going to a CD store and just grabbing a copy of an album you are highly anticipating for.

As the post says, I have noticed Best Buy’s have very limited amount of CD’s..smh. Well, if stores are going to stop selling CD’s, i’m Just going to use amazon or eBay to purchase CD’s.

G Eazy and Revival? ****, sorry to hear.

I usually just cop all my CDs on Black Friday now. Amazon, Best Buy and Target have most of the releases of the year for $5-$7 so I just grab them all then.

the only thing I'm gonna miss is fire album booklets. I'll never forget reading the comic book inside ATLiens for the first time.

missed the days of going to the record stores
Copping an album that just dropped, limited knowledge other than a couple writeups, and just letting it rock from start to finish.

Something special about the anticipation from having to wait. The convenience of being able to listen the moment it drops is great, but it takes so much of the charm away.

Is there potentially a chance where streaming services will have a limited time period of access to an album before removing it off the service, in a way to drive album sales?

Don't know if Spotify, Apple Music, or others have this available, but the ability to upload music through GPM's cloud service is a great way to have a unified music app instead of jumping from GPM, DatPiff, etc.

Well for those that are into vinyl, we always have Record Store Day to buy physical music and they always put cd's on sale that day as well.

I haven't bought a CD in years (last one copped was MBDTF). I stream all my music now. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my CD collection of 300+

In times we living of smart home speakers you can just yell "hey siri. hey alexa, hey google.....play that new Jay-Z album" and you good to go. No more of that special Album release event at your local record shop. Just a new medium device of consuming....some people will go this route but not all, but the convenience factor of just buying/listening it from home. Nothing really new. CD's are becoming obsolete so the market is going to react and it will be that medium just like vinyl, for music enthusiast.

Me and my mom was talking about music and we noticed that a lot of these music streaming services don't have original version of older music, which had me thinking. I think opening up a CD/record store might actually be a good idea.

Would honestly buy more CDs if I had a legit music store around me. The only store around me that has CDs is Walmart. We all know Walmart only believes in having the edit version of rap/r&b which is a no go for me.

Hi
Is there a cheap place online to buy new sealed CDs besides Amazon or Ebay?
I wouldn't mind putting together a new collection of cds if the price is right.

Havent bought a CD in years. I just got on the apple music wave.

My 2017 car actually still has a CD player. Id bet i never pop its cherry

In times we living of smart home speakers you can just yell "hey siri. hey alexa, hey google.....play that new Jay-Z album" and you good to go. No more of that special Album release event at your local record shop. Just a new medium device of consuming....some people will go this route but not all, but the convenience factor of just buying/listening it from home. Nothing really new. CD's are becoming obsolete so the market is going to react and it will be that medium just like vinyl, for music enthusiast.

I went to my Dentist last Friday for some dental work. Her husband had stopped by and was chilling in her office. I was talking it up with my dentist and her assistant just outside her office and all I can hear was her husband saying over and over, "Alexa play this, Alexa play that", I'm sorry, but that ish sounds so annoying.

CD quality > MP3 though

Phyical media is still the best/safest way to own something, for various reasons. The main one is quality. The other one being that you never know when they might take the song/movie/video game (speaking of that, I just noticed that they took off the great game Transformers: Devastation off PSN) off the streaming/download service. And as someone mentioned, you're sure to have the exact version of the song you want, and not risk that they replace it with some newer revisionist version.

The only thing digital has over physical is convenience. It's just that it's a really big thing that happens to be the #1 priority for most people.

I still love my physical media shelves. I like how it looks it my apartment. I like discovering stuff via digital as well. I hope that both can co-exist so that people can choose whichever they want. I think there will always be at least a small, but loyal market for physical media. It might not exist in brick and mortar stores anymore, but as long as there is a small market for it, I think that you will always be able to order CDs from Amazon and other online stores.

Last cd I bought was the Mf doom operation doomsday with the lunchbox from amazon.

I remember back in the downloading age u could find different copies of songs it was pretty cool actually

CD quality > MP3 though

Phyical media is still the best/safest way to own something, for various reasons. The main one is quality. The other one being that you never know when they might take the song/movie/video game (speaking of that, I just noticed that they took off the great game Transformers: Devastation off PSN) off the streaming/download service. And as someone mentioned, you're sure to have the exact version of the song you want, and not risk that they replace it with some newer revisionist version.

The only thing digital has over physical is convenience. It's just that it's a really big thing that happens to be the #1 priority for most people.

I still love my physical media shelves. I like how it looks it my apartment. I like discovering stuff via digital as well. I hope that both can co-exist so that people can choose whichever they want. I think there will always be at least a small, but loyal market for physical media. It might not exist in brick and mortar stores anymore, but as long as there is a small market for it, I think that you will always be able to order CDs from Amazon and other online stores.

to sum up you post its the "TANGIBLE" aspect of owning a CD than downloading or streaming MP3. To each their own cause not everyone is into buy/collecting cd's to have in their home.

Last edited:
Done with cds I got everything, moving to vinyl now

20180207_023928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom