Do you think Enlisting in the Military is noble?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

To me, it doesnt matter what the persons reasons for enlisting are. I think its noble, and I think it takes courage to sign up for the military. There is always that chance you will be sent into [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]batter[/color] and could be killed, thats pretty brave to me. I know I would never sign up for the military though.

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
Cake1.JPG

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

To me, it doesnt matter what the persons reasons for enlisting are. I think its noble, and I think it takes courage to sign up for the military. There is always that chance you will be sent into [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]batter[/color] and could be killed, thats pretty brave to me. I know I would never sign up for the military though.

grin.gif

laugh.gif
I didnt catch that.

grin.gif

laugh.gif
I didnt catch that.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

no, its generally for the lower classes and disadvantaged 

taking orders and defending someone else's interests =/= noble 
Pretty Much summed it up...........................

No Soldiers No Wars

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

no, its generally for the lower classes and disadvantaged 

taking orders and defending someone else's interests =/= noble 
Pretty Much summed it up...........................

No Soldiers No Wars

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

grin.gif

laugh.gif
I didnt catch that.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Damn. I dont even know why I typed that. I meant battle.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

grin.gif

laugh.gif
I didnt catch that.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Damn. I dont even know why I typed that. I meant battle.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Depends on your reasoning. There are a lot of people who want to serve their country because its something they've always wanted to do while there are others who use the military as a crutch to escape whatever bad situation they are in.

I'm on DEP for the Navy shipping out November to boot camp, and I enlisted cause I felt like I was going nowhere at a fast pace.
tired.gif

Kind of regret it now and debating if I should back out, but at the same time I think having military experience on your resume will help out A LOT in the future? no?

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Depends on your reasoning. There are a lot of people who want to serve their country because its something they've always wanted to do while there are others who use the military as a crutch to escape whatever bad situation they are in.

I'm on DEP for the Navy shipping out November to boot camp, and I enlisted cause I felt like I was going nowhere at a fast pace.
tired.gif

Kind of regret it now and debating if I should back out, but at the same time I think having military experience on your resume will help out A LOT in the future? no?

The whole courage/nobility aspect of being in the armed forces has been driven into people''s hearts and minds  so deeply that they actually believe it to be true. There's nothing less noble than coming back home in pieces a bodybag because you opted to fight for someone else's dubious interests. Perhaps if the reasons why come nations enter into war were more honest it could be seen as something worth fighting for, but hardly any war in the modern age has had a straightforward agenda.

The whole courage/nobility aspect of being in the armed forces has been driven into people''s hearts and minds  so deeply that they actually believe it to be true. There's nothing less noble than coming back home in pieces a bodybag because you opted to fight for someone else's dubious interests. Perhaps if the reasons why come nations enter into war were more honest it could be seen as something worth fighting for, but hardly any war in the modern age has had a straightforward agenda.

Absolutely not. What's so noble about joining when you get so many benefits? Take away those benefits then I'll think it's noble.
Generally people say it's noble because they're "preserving our freedom" but the gov's taking away my freedom not sand people.
Most of the dukes I know that are in the military are brolic meat head dbags that did nothing in high school and too make up for it enlisting was their only way out from becoming a loser. What's so noble about this?
31404_129048170455224_100000501251417_268055_6970995_n.jpg

Absolutely not. What's so noble about joining when you get so many benefits? Take away those benefits then I'll think it's noble.
Generally people say it's noble because they're "preserving our freedom" but the gov's taking away my freedom not sand people.
Most of the dukes I know that are in the military are brolic meat head dbags that did nothing in high school and too make up for it enlisting was their only way out from becoming a loser. What's so noble about this?
31404_129048170455224_100000501251417_268055_6970995_n.jpg

some of you are haters. I did 4 years because I wanted not because I had to.. I just didn't want to go to college

some of you are haters. I did 4 years because I wanted not because I had to.. I just didn't want to go to college

Back
Top Bottom