Do you think Griffey will be traded? If so, when, and to who?

Now that Jr has hit 600, do you think he will be traded and when.
I am sure hoping he does get traded back to the AL and see him play a few more games before he retires.
I would love to see him come to Boston but thats never going to happen. Part of me doesn't think he's gonna go back to Seattle, he deserves and wantsto be on a contender.
whats your input?

Originally Posted by onewearz

id like to see him poke a couple over the fence wit the yanks ......
will never, ever, happen.

"I hold it against them and I will always play harder against the Yankees," Griffey Jr. said yesterday. "It'll never change. Every time we play these guys, I try a little extra. When I hit the grand slam, it was a great feeling.

"I'm no different than anybody else. If somebody treated your dad wrong and you had a chance to stick it to them, you'd do the same."

1016_large.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by onewearz

id like to see him poke a couple over the fence wit the yanks ......
will never, ever, happen.

"I hold it against them and I will always play harder against the Yankees," Griffey Jr. said yesterday. "It'll never change. Every time we play these guys, I try a little extra. When I hit the grand slam, it was a great feeling.

"I'm no different than anybody else. If somebody treated your dad wrong and you had a chance to stick it to them, you'd do the same."
1016_large.jpg

pimp.gif

Word!! $*%$ the yankees!

I think he's on the last year of his contract this season, with next season being a club option for like 16 million?

If true Im thinking Cincy gets rid of him.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I think he's on the last year of his contract this season, with next season being a club option for like 16 million?

If true Im thinking Cincy gets rid of him.

that's right, and since he's a 10 and 5 guy, he has a clause.

he's gone. but the rumors about where to have been real quiet lately, but it will probably pick up now.

I really don't want to see him go to Seattle. I want him to be with a contender: New York (either), Los Angeles (either), Boston, etc.

The only time Griffey was ever in the playoffs was '95 and '97. That man, for all he has done, deserves a shot at winning the title.

send the beholder of the smoothest swing in baseball to the nationals. he'd be the perfect mentor for dukes and milledge.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

send the beholder of the smoothest swing in baseball to the nationals. he'd be the perfect mentor for dukes and milledge.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

i would love him to go the yanks but its true after the way they treated his dad he will rather tear a ligament in both knees before coming to the bronx. hehas a pure hatred for the yankees it sucks because short porch would of been his playground. him batting dh would of been great for us in that lineup. not tomention we can get him an a-rod back together but again it will never happen. thats something that is guarenteed. so for all the yankee fans like myself wehave dreams but they get shattered like mj did the jazz in utah.

i personally only think he will go to an AL team, and i would have to say the more i think about is to either be the Red Sox or the Angels, but i dont think hewill go to an AL West team.
if he stays in the NL, i could only really see him on Chicago.
if he went to the red sox, who would the sox have to trade to get him? or is he a free agent after the end of the season.
and yankees? he will never go there, but i thought i said a contender lol j/p.

I'd be pretty damn upset if the Sox didn't at least try and go after him. Especially with Ortiz is out. Drew is picking it up at the plate, but westill need another Lefty in the middle of the order.

I'm a Mariners fan 100%..but I wanna see JR win one, so if the Reds let him go this season...please send him to a team that has an excellent shot at theWorld Series. Just as long as it isn't a team in the AL West...right now I'm thinking Red Sox, but please trade him to a team that'll win one so hecan finally get a ring.

He's coming back to the Mariners to retire anyways. Even if he doesn't swing a bat for the M's again..the fact that he's going to end hiscareer in a Mariners cap means something. I would go as far as to say that if Griffey was to win a World Series this year.. I would be just as happy as if theMariners won one, because no matter what cap or uniform he puts on.. Ken Griffey JR is and will always be a Mariner.

Once again, congrats to JR for hitting his 600th Home Run.

Back
Top Bottom