Do you think the XIs are overrated?

It was one of the first basketball sneakers to implement a carbon fiber spring plate making it extremely light.

It had a basic design to resemble a formal appearance, much like a tuxedo.

It also bore a simple, yet powerful, style (in its time) as it lacked a barrage of Nike/Jumpman insignia.

Fat, rounded laces interlocked between the mesh eyelets in a one-tug, easy-lace, system.

Personally, I have been indifferent to what is now referred to as an "icey" outsole - I would have taken it either way.

The sneaker just looks sleek, smooth and quick.

It was one of the first basketball sneakers to implement a carbon fiber spring plate making it extremely light.

It also bore a simple, yet powerful, style (in its time) as it lacked a barrage of Nike/Jumpman insignia.

Fat, rounded laces interlocked between the mesh eyelets in a one-tug, easy-lace, system.

Personally, I have been indifferent to what is now referred to as an "icey" outsole - I would have taken it either way.

The XI's are fire man, comfy to play in, awesome cushioning, and good traction, can't wait to cop another pair cause I wore my last two pairs out 

The XI's are fire man, comfy to play in, awesome cushioning, and good traction, can't wait to cop another pair cause I wore my last two pairs out 

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

No way sorry you didn't get your pair
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 His Fault
You guys must have tons of heat with your Cool Greys, Silver Annis, and Space jams!!!!!
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

look at the best shoe of 2010 poll. it won by a land slide. i think that's just pure hype.
overrated yes.  i can't figure out why people like it so much. 

guesses:

sucker for clear soles

never had them in 01 missed the cdp and dmp

i think the shoe is overrated because its colorways are so limited when it comes to colorblocking.  luckily for the shoe simple colorways are best.  

i think the III - VII are all better.

look at the best shoe of 2010 poll. it won by a land slide. i think that's just pure hype.
overrated yes.  i can't figure out why people like it so much. 

guesses:

sucker for clear soles

never had them in 01 missed the cdp and dmp

i think the shoe is overrated because its colorways are so limited when it comes to colorblocking.  luckily for the shoe simple colorways are best.  

i think the III - VII are all better.

Not overrated, but overhyped. It's an all-time classic, made patent leather a thing for bball shoes, and just has a real clean design. Not to mention all the things MJ did in them. Top 3 in the Jordan line for sure, if not the best, just depends on opinion. They're definitely neck and neck with the IIIs for me as my personal favorite.

Not overrated, but overhyped. It's an all-time classic, made patent leather a thing for bball shoes, and just has a real clean design. Not to mention all the things MJ did in them. Top 3 in the Jordan line for sure, if not the best, just depends on opinion. They're definitely neck and neck with the IIIs for me as my personal favorite.

I really doubt any Jays are overrated! Each to its own! And well keeping in mind the status of the XIs and their premium quality its always been a premium shoe and to my opinion the breds are my grails! The only thing that i do understand now that is overrated and maybe what you are trying to express is how the XIs have come to be just random quality with all the hype then maybe they have become overrated a bit...I passed on the 10 cools but still consider the 01 cools one of the best shoes out there in general!

I really doubt any Jays are overrated! Each to its own! And well keeping in mind the status of the XIs and their premium quality its always been a premium shoe and to my opinion the breds are my grails! The only thing that i do understand now that is overrated and maybe what you are trying to express is how the XIs have come to be just random quality with all the hype then maybe they have become overrated a bit...I passed on the 10 cools but still consider the 01 cools one of the best shoes out there in general!

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 His Fault
You guys must have tons of heat with your Cool Greys, Silver Annis, and Space jams!!!!!
indifferent.gif
You're right the Kobe VI "Grinch" are wayyy better than the Iconic XI's ... you win... 
sick.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 His Fault
indifferent.gif
You're right the Kobe VI "Grinch" are wayyy better than the Iconic XI's ... you win... 
sick.gif

I remember back in the days you used to be able to spot a pair of Fake Jordan XI from a mile away, Now with everything post CDP XI you cant even tell if someone is wearing fakes or real ones. I have to look at the carbon fiber plate to tell. The same fake shoes that got people clowned for wearing because the shape was off or the patent cut was to low, or laces were to shinny are the same shoes people are camping out spending $175.00+. The silver anniversary XI
sick.gif
,  I agree the shoe in its OG form is stunning but that crap that came out the last couple of years isn't.

I remember back in the days you used to be able to spot a pair of Fake Jordan XI from a mile away, Now with everything post CDP XI you cant even tell if someone is wearing fakes or real ones. I have to look at the carbon fiber plate to tell. The same fake shoes that got people clowned for wearing because the shape was off or the patent cut was to low, or laces were to shinny are the same shoes people are camping out spending $175.00+. The silver anniversary XI
sick.gif
,  I agree the shoe in its OG form is stunning but that crap that came out the last couple of years isn't.

not overrated, but definitely overpriced.

Dont have any OG XIs, but i got the 01 retros of CG, Columbia, Concords.  Also got the DMP, silver anni, SJ, 10 CG, CDP.  Would be nice if the quality were all the same, but oh well.  Couldnt get them when i was in Junior high, so i have always wanted them.  Nothing can stop me now from getting them, when i have the means to do it.

not overrated, but definitely overpriced.

Dont have any OG XIs, but i got the 01 retros of CG, Columbia, Concords.  Also got the DMP, silver anni, SJ, 10 CG, CDP.  Would be nice if the quality were all the same, but oh well.  Couldnt get them when i was in Junior high, so i have always wanted them.  Nothing can stop me now from getting them, when i have the means to do it.

Originally Posted by PTone

lmao, is this real life?

lmao, is this real life?

I like this.
smokin.gif
  And, yes, I think pretty much all J's are overrated these days.

I like this.
smokin.gif
  And, yes, I think pretty much all J's are overrated these days.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 His Fault
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

You must have missed where I posted a pic of mine proving I did get my pair.

Back
Top Bottom