Do you think this is the end of the Jordan Brand era??

Status
Not open for further replies.

face murda

Banned
Sorry if something similar has been posted. After the all the hype about this is the last signature shoe and after all the countdown packs aredropped......What's next? Are we still going to look forward to retro's? After this damn near all the Jordans have retroed in original and otherridiculous colorways. Im sure younger generations will be hype about retros but what is left for heads like us to look forward to? Just wanted to know what youguys thought. Not looking to get bashed here, just a question. I don't mean JB going outa business, of course they are going to produce hella sneakers.. Imean as far as the HYPE over retro's and sig Jordans.

Like some guy said a couple month's back. Jordan Brand is going to evolve into a "GUCCI, LV, BURBERRY(sp)" type brand. Charging $500 for"hand stitched" fancy box B/S expect them to release just like the 23 titaniums. The whole "packs" crap is just to get us to get used tospending $300 on kicks, then before you know it it's going to be $300 for just 1 pair then just get more rediculous.

Originally Posted by HYPEDKICKSdotCOM

Like some guy said a couple month's back. Jordan Brand is going to evolve into a "GUCCI, LV, BURBERRY(sp)" type brand. Charging $500 for "hand stitched" fancy box B/S expect them to release just like the 23 titaniums. The whole "packs" crap is just to get us to get used to spending $300 on kicks, then before you know it it's going to be $300 for just 1 pair then just get more rediculous.

i like how you're bashing jb for selling the packs for 300 yet you sell yours for 400
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't know what to think about the future of JB, per se..But I DO think they are running out of ideas and interesting concepts for the shoes themselves.I mean think about it, there is only so much you can do with a shoe...Back when MJ was playing and the ideas for the early models were new and fresh ideas, butyou can only go to the drawing board so many times before eventually you are starting to repeat steps..I think it be a mistake to completely shut down theretros all together.. I would say , in my opinion, that they account for the whole reason why people still buy jordans...Case in point, I think without MJplaying it it makes it rather hard to figure out what else to incorporate into the shoe...Look at the XX3, for example, fingerprints are a new idea andconcept, but at the same time you have to stand back and think "What does this really have to do with the performance of the basketball shoe?" Ithink they are running out of gas in the conept department, and ending retroes, if that is the final decision, will bring to end the legacy that Micheal,himself, created..

well the way i see it if they stop with the sigs there gonna keep up with the collabo shoes, .5s etc. wheather or not they continue retros is up to them but ifthey do stop makeing retro prices will drop and in the spirit of making money they will retro long await shoes (hares SJs that whole bit)...

but who knows...

just my 2 cents

blah blah blah blah

its always the same story over and over and over.................................

no they will not. if CP3 and MELO keep having good shoes jordan will go on in those lines as GR's. the retros will slow down. there is a chance for jordan2k9 which isn't a bad idea its pretty much an air jordan 25 but in a year forum.

Like some guy said a couple month's back. Jordan Brand is going to evolve into a "GUCCI, LV, BURBERRY(sp)" type brand. Charging $500 for "hand stitched" fancy box B/S expect them to release just like the 23 titaniums. The whole "packs" crap is just to get us to get used to spending $300 on kicks, then before you know it it's going to be $300 for just 1 pair then just get more rediculous.
i agree with this to an extent...i dont think it'll be as crazy and Gucci and stuff because JB is going to produce Teams which will sorta stabat the extremely exclusivness of retros

Jordan Brand is going to evolve into a "GUCCI, LV, BURBERRY(sp)" type brand.
?!! It'll take a long while before JB can touch LV. Yes, they can imitate the prices but can they generate universal appeal? Unless theycompletely alter the entire brand from sports to lifestyle.

^ if they try to raise prices they wont sell, prices will go down to normal, and they will realize that they arnt a luxury brand.

Nike is selling JB to Starbury and gthey will release 1 shoe each year and it will cost $14.99 so no more complaining about JB's pricing...

As long as there are Colors in the Rainbow there will be Business for Brand Jordan.

JB has more than 23 signature models to recycle in any colorway/material imaginable, along with the luxury of producing any "frankinfusion" Jordansneaker by adding to any products from the Nike catalog. Let's not mention the JB trump cards...Retros made true to the originals with the almighty"Nike Air" logo.

JB is going nowhere.

Just because retros will be slowing way down doesn't mean that JB will be over. Me personaly when I go to the mall or any other public place I see moreteam Js than retros or the new signature model.

Plus they have other players with signature lines, such as Melo, and Chris Paul.

i want to see what happens in 09 because gentry says that there gunna make dmp's but with only one shoe so wouldnt that count as bringing out retros incertain colors
eyes.gif
i just wonder wen the fusion era ends because if jbdoesnt have any ideas they'll just fusion every jordan
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm hoping they go back to the philosophy they started with. A durable product that can deliver top notch performance.

Damn, I forgot why I stopped visiting JB forum for a while, dudes are always salty...

a) XX3's retailed for 230, not 500
b) 300 for the packs is for two shoes, how are you alluding that to future prices of 300 for one?

Does this make sense to anyone but you?

I will retire after the Powder Blue IX and Charcoal IXs finally get retroed... Prob will never happen

i think they will never stop untill the world blows up
laugh.gif

but the more they use these cheap materials the true collecters will soon relize why spend the money on 5 dollar worth shoes
ohwell.gif

i think the way they should do it is the last year for retros god will that doesnt happen
eyes.gif
they should just re-retro every shoe like the air jordan 1 in all the colorwaysand then so on and so fourth because the only fusions im dying to see are the 20's and the 4's
roll.gif
why doesnt JB listen to the nike talk forums maybe the 23's with the m'sall over wouldn't look as hideous as they do now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom