Does anyone else feel that things are handed to them alot?

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by pawley410

My fiance and I were talking last night and she got upset because she felt that I get alot of things handed to me like: jobs, help with school projects, general things in life. For example she had to go through interviews to get the job she has and she works hard and is close to getting a management position, but the other day I went in to see her and the manager offered the management position to me and I have never applied there. Im not some spoiled person who always gets my way, but I do seem to be given opportunities for things when others dont. Does anyone else feel this?

Hate to say it, but Im calling ductakles until you can explain how this is possible.

well her boss knew that i was a business administration major and design and merchandising minor and thought that I would fit well with the company.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by pawley410

My fiance and I were talking last night and she got upset because she felt that I get alot of things handed to me like: jobs, help with school projects, general things in life. For example she had to go through interviews to get the job she has and she works hard and is close to getting a management position, but the other day I went in to see her and the manager offered the management position to me and I have never applied there. Im not some spoiled person who always gets my way, but I do seem to be given opportunities for things when others dont. Does anyone else feel this?

Hate to say it, but Im calling ductakles until you can explain how this is possible.

duck_tales.jpg

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

It is the exact opposite for me. I fell like I put in so much work and stuff still doesnt work out.

hell yeah I feel like I never can get what I want or a break. more bad thing' s happen to me than good

^^damn bro do you ever get off NT? I see you in every single thread? lol

but Yeah story sounds a little fishy.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

^^damn bro do you ever get off NT? I see you in every single thread? lol

but Yeah story sounds a little fishy.
I'm usually suppose to be doing "work" on the computer, but I like to procrastinate.

I play when it's dark out.

I got my first job at 19 while on probation - turns out the person who interviewed me was a person I had done business with before, and they pretty much walkedme through the interview to the position.
I got my internship at this big law firm over a handful of other people - turns out the person who interviewed me shares my first name as their middle name andhad been called it when they were growing up. Besides that, I had no history or signs of potential except for my previous (first and only) job lasting for afew years and my GPA.
My mom got married recently and moved in with her husband - so I live in a 4br house by myself for free. I keep it clean and all that, though.

Those are the only things that have really worked to my advantage that came easily. Besides that, I've had to work for everything.

Originally Posted by The Takeover

Little things seem to be given to me a lot, I believe in Karma and I try to help people out whenever I can so I guess it's just coming back at me.
Yea I've had alot of good things come from nowhere when I think im about to hit rock bottom. I guess it's just good karma

Yea I've had alot of good things come from nowhere when I think im about to hit rock bottom. I guess it's just good karma

same here.. except instead of karma, i truly believe God has been looking out for me my whole life. i've gotten so many things in life that i don'tdeserve.

also, in general, i've noticed that in this society if you're an intelligent, clean-cut, well-spoken black male, people will be falling all overthemselves to give you things.. from females, to scholarships, to exclusive internship offers, to random invitations to dinners with important people, to justthe "respect" that people give you for being one of the few (in America's eyes) hardworking black males out there... i've already had allkinds of stuff thrown at me in life.

the only negative is that every once in a while, you will encounter a few racists who will set you back. just look at Obama. he faced a lot of racism fromcertain demographics, but in general, people love him.

My work experience these past 9 years has been through hard work, some luck and being in the right place at the right time. But I had to work hard as hell toget where I am now also.

I'll try and keep this short. I work in the IT & computer networking industry for the government.

Honestly I went to a vocational & trades school to learn computer networking and how to fix pc's, this was back in 99-2000. I suffered from 2000 to2007 doing crap work in the IT industry known as Help Desk support. Doing work answering calls to troubleshoot and fix problems over the phone. I also diddesktop support where you fix user problems in person at their actual desk in a work environment. But the point I'm getting at as much I hated those jobsand the employers were HORRIBLE. What I got out of it was valuable work experience to put something on my resume and a DOD Government clearance level whichgoes a long way. Honestly right now I'm working in Germany for another government contract and I'm getting paid very well and it's tax free for mewhile I get a lot of the active duty member benefits also while I get to see Germany and a bunch of Euro countries.

I know for a fact that when I do go back to the US I can easily land a job that will pay me six figures.

Living in a bubble ftl. I don't really get things handed to I work for eveything I get, but same time everything seems to work out for me it's cool Ikinda work for it but it just seems to balance out.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

I wish I had it like that, I just work at a toll booth.
Serious question, do you get hazard pay for working @ a toll booth?

vrp32tl wrote:

Na, but it's time and a half between 11pm and 6:30am.

I would think you would get hazard pay from the gas fumes and all. SMH for not getting hazard pay. You straight sniffing fumes for 8 hours. Might as well smokea pack a day.

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

vrp32tl wrote:

I would think you would get hazard pay from the gas fumes and all. SMH for not getting hazard pay. You straight sniffing fumes for 8 hours. Might as well smoke a pack a day.

The booth's have oxygen pumped in them and fans on the outside. Most fumes don't make it in.

vrp32tl wrote:

I would think you would get hazard pay from the gas fumes and all. SMH for not getting hazard pay. You straight sniffing fumes for 8 hours. Might as well smoke a pack a day.
The booth's have oxygen pumped in them and fans on the outside. Most fumes don't make it in.

Nice info. Did not know that. Thanks.

vrp32tl wrote:

Nice info. Did not know that. Thanks.
Yeah, toll booth's have really been stepped up since 2003.

No ducktales I'm really gettin the job and this isn't the first time this has happened to me. The same thing happens when I got the job at ralphlauren. But I believe it is all because of my faith in god and his plan!

Back
Top Bottom