Does anyone in the NBA want it with Jerry Stackhouse?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Sure he is now...but at one point in his career he was one of the top 5 SG's in the NBA no question.

No way....top 5?

Yeah that year I'd place him behind only Iverson and maybe Kobe.
From NBA.com:
In 80 games, all as a starter, averaged 29.8 points, 3.9 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 1.21 steals in 40.2 minutes...Ranked second in NBA in points per game...Ranked first in the NBA in total points - 2,380 and led the Pistons in scoring in 72-of-80 games..Also ranked first in the NBA in field goals attempted (1927), fifth in field goals made (774), fifth in three-point field goals made (166) and third in three-point field goals attempted (473). .Was team leader in assists (5.1 apg), ranking 25th in the NBA, and second amongst two-guards behind Jalen Rose... Ranked first in the league in free throws made (666) and ranked second in the NBA in free throws attempted (810). Scored a franchise record, NBA season-high and career-high 57 points (21-36 FG, 4-11 3FG, 11-13 FT) with four rebounds, five assists and one steal in 42 minutes at Chicago (4/3)...Dished out 10-plus assists five times...

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Sure he is now...but at one point in his career he was one of the top 5 SG's in the NBA no question.

No way....top 5?
Yeah that year I'd place him behind only Iverson and maybe Kobe.
From NBA.com:
In 80 games, all as a starter, averaged 29.8 points, 3.9 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 1.21 steals in 40.2 minutes...Ranked second in NBA in points per game...Ranked first in the NBA in total points - 2,380 and led the Pistons in scoring in 72-of-80 games..Also ranked first in the NBA in field goals attempted (1927), fifth in field goals made (774), fifth in three-point field goals made (166) and third in three-point field goals attempted (473). .Was team leader in assists (5.1 apg), ranking 25th in the NBA, and second amongst two-guards behind Jalen Rose... Ranked first in the league in free throws made (666) and ranked second in the NBA in free throws attempted (810). Scored a franchise record, NBA season-high and career-high 57 points (21-36 FG, 4-11 3FG, 11-13 FT) with four rebounds, five assists and one steal in 42 minutes at Chicago (4/3)...Dished out 10-plus assists five times...

They had a 32-50 record that year. Those #s are outstanding but getting yours on a much less thanmediocre team don't get you a top 5 spot.

They had a 32-50 record that year. Those #s are outstanding but getting yours on a much less than mediocre team don't get you a top 5 spot.
So average numbers on great team makes you a top 5 player? You can't name me 5 better sg's than Stack that year REGARDLESS of histeam's record

stack is sorry.

dude is a crybaby and proceeded to slap the ball out of Paul's hands. then West confronted him and it was all "hey man, it's cool" fromthere..
eyes.gif

AI
Vince
Kobe
RayRay
Michael Finley

And if you really saying JUST that year, then your top 5 argument could be valid. But the next year he averaged 8 ppg less so his stay at the "top"was brief.

Yall are so one-sided. You know how young Stack was when he did that to Hornacek? When was the last time Stack was in a scuffle? He's more mature now, butI guess that's irrelevant since he didn't show up this series.

Originally Posted by zona0924

AI
Vince
Kobe
RayRay
Michael Finley

And if you really saying JUST that year, then your top 5 argument could be valid. But the next year he averaged 8 ppg less so his stay at the "top" was brief.

None of those guys were seeing Stack that year, none.

And yeah he averaged 8 less points the next year, but they won 18 more games and their division...so are we using individual and team success or justwhichever one is convenient?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yall are so one-sided. You know how young Stack was when he did that to Hornacek? When was the last time Stack was in a scuffle? He's more mature now, but I guess that's irrelevant since he didn't show up this series.

http://

First of all, I always liked Stack as a player so you can't just come with that everybody got a bias nonsense.

I mean dude is 34 trying to knock the ball out CP's hands
laugh.gif

I'm not even saying I agree with it or disagree with it because who knows, maybe Iwould do something like that myself.� But if you gonna come in talking about he's mature, all you gotta do is look at last night's game.

i guesss i was raised a certain way, and let me put it out there that im far from a gangsta, but if you put your hands on me ill be ready to go...now i mayneed a metal pipe for some of these cats, thats okay tho. Ive never been the real chatty type on the court tho, so 23ska i feel what youre sayin

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by zona0924

AI
Vince
Kobe
RayRay
Michael Finley

And if you really saying JUST that year, then your top 5 argument could be valid. But the next year he averaged 8 ppg less so his stay at the "top" was brief.

None of those guys were seeing Stack that year, none.

And yeah he averaged 8 less points the next year, but they won 18 more games and their division...so are we using individual and team success or just whichever one is convenient?

If we using that logic, then all them guys you crossed out had their teams at 50 winsor right around it. And right after ONE good year with Detroit? He went right back to being a loser until he went to Dallas. And ever since he been inDallas, he's averaged about 13.

So, to make your point make sense, let's just say that for TWO YEARS, he was oneof the top shooting guards in the League.

So, to make your point make sense, let's just say that for TWO YEARS, he was one of the top shooting guards in the League.
To make my point make sense huh....Here's my original statement...
Which has ALWAYS made sense, and I have yet to see a logical argument (supported with evidence like I provided) as to how he was not.

So, yes, we've finally came to a conclusion. David West wanted it with Stackhouse.

It's not a good vid by any means, but it's all that I could find:

2000-2001 statistics (aka the year Stack averaged 29 a game)

Ray Allen averaged 22, 5, and 5 on a GOOD, playoff-bound team.

Vince Carter averaged 24, 5, and 5 on a GOOD, playoff-bound team.

Kobe- nuff said

AI-you already know

Michael Finley averaged 21, 3, and 5 on a VERY GOOD, playoff-bound team.

That was the only year Stack saw anything close to 29, with his next year dropping back down to around 21. So, I'm making two points.

1) Regardless if he had a better year that ONE year (which I don't think he did), you can't even call that a legitimate reign. One or two years? Eh,if that's what you going for.

2) If you compare his stats for that one SUCCESSFUL year with the Pistons to other players, it looks to me like he still misses the cut.

Having one breakout year doesn't make you top 5 in anything.

He sure did stink it up on the Wizards afterwards....word to missed open layups.

Gettin It Crackin:
LMAO...while searching for a vid, I came across this video too:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That... was freaking... HILARIOUS.�
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I love how he would string words together sometimes.
laugh.gif
"I mean,it's one thing to make a bad pass, or miss a bad shot, buttobethatsupidafterthewhistlehasalreadyblown... I just... I don't know what to say."
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

So, yes, we've finally came to a conclusion. David West wanted it with Stackhouse.

It's not a good vid by any means, but it's all that I could find:

- EXACTLY.

- people have caught hands for much less dealing with Stack......D. West comes through and all of a sudden it time to talk.

There were very few people who seriously talked about Stack as a top SG in 2001.

Stack shot 40% that year and took an astonishing 24 shots a game - 13 more attempts than anyone on his team. He also took 6 threes a game and shot 35%. Thoseare atrocious numbers. Is it any wonder that the Pistons were so bad that year?

i remember that year when stack averaged 29. guy's statline every night was pretty insane. and yes, he was better than ray, finley & vince that year. i actually thought he would win the scoring title that year.

it looked like west also did not want to fight...and where were the rest of the hornets? when stack kept on running his mouth and was walking toward thehornets bench

Back
Top Bottom