Does Hip Hop have a "that dude" right now?

Wayne is still the face of hiphop. I'd guess Drake will be along with Kanye when he gets back to rap.

Originally Posted by kingk777

To everybody saying it's not Drake,

Son dropped a top vote getting, TRL, teenage girl appeal video.....

FOR A MIXTAPE TRACK.

And this is after the crazy e-buzz, tracks with Wayne, successful video for Every Girl with Young Money,

Oh yeah and tracks with Trey Songz, another major commercial success,

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's "That Dude"

You really think he can't get production from ANY producer he wants to back up his lyrics and crossover appeal to drop a multiplatinum album?

Drake is Lebron James right now. End of story.

The fact that we all knew that already and still didnt say Drake should count for somethin...

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Wayne. Gucci. Ross.

/ Thread.

this is why hip hop is a joke now
smh.gif
QFT
tired.gif

I'd have to say Weezy & Kanye.

Everytime I turn on the radio its either one of them but mainly Wayne.

Dude is on a billion different tracks, that means something.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

It def. is Wayne or Kanye. Not tha I agree with it, but it's true. imo they have peaked though, there is only one place to go now. Everytime new artistscome up, the artists and fans think "this guy/group is it, the top of the top" and then they fall. Ever ask yourself average life of a hip hop star?I'm talking about peaks......its not very long.

With the exception of Jay-Z...but even he isn't hands down viewed as the best. Basically he isn't as high as his highest high. And I'm a huge Hovfan

Originally Posted by MJROCCIN45

FOR A MIXTAPE TRACK.

And this is after the crazy e-buzz, tracks with Wayne, successful video for Every Girl with Young Money,

You really think he can't get production from ANY producer he wants to back up his lyrics and crossover appeal to drop a multiplatinum album?

The fact that we all knew that already and still didnt say Drake should count for somethin...

Drizzy not Lebreezy yet.. ima have to say he a "Dwayne Wade"

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Wayne is the face of hip hop
if that's the case, maybe that's why the music is looking ugly... and stop using Hip Hop, it's Rap. "Rap is something you do,Hip Hop is something you live." too bad most of you are too young to know who said that anyway

Originally Posted by eeibaby

it means he's a money hungry sellout to try getting on the radio as much as possible. Jason Mraz? C'mon... not to be narrow minded saying rapperarent allowed to collab with artists outside of the genre, but that song in no way, shape, or form calls for a rapper on it.

Originally Posted by MJROCCIN45

FOR A MIXTAPE TRACK.

I was trying to avoid the e-hate that normally gets thrown my way...

Look to everyone saying Kanye and Wayne.. I asked this cause I don't feel there's a clear cut dude on top. Everyone who's posted on here is a hiphop head, so to base your opinion on who gets the video of the week on mtv jams or #1 on TRL (I dont even watch mtv no more so i dont know if shows still on)or most plays on the radio isn't a good way to prove he's "that dude." I don't remember the last mixtape i downloaded that wasexclusively lil wayne let alone kanye west. Isn't there someone putting in work?????? Not just reaping all the money theyve made?

To the dudes saying wale, gucci mane, slaug[h]ter house, and well throw in drake.. props

Back
Top Bottom