Does It Get Old Living Someplace That's Nice Year-Round?

living in hawaii, i like visiting places with snow/cold weather. not sure i’d like to live like that for months every year though. i definitely don’t wish that we had that scorching nevada/arizona summer temps. i do like that we can go swimming in the ocean year round.

Before getting a job in the outdoors I didnt mind winter season but now I hate winter

The summer heat is wild bro. You wouldn't dare walk down a block you'll fry up like an egg.

Houston is complicated to me. Everything closes at 10-11pm. In nyc I can get what I need 24/7.

You'll enjoy but you will get bored quick. Which is consistently happening to me. Idk might be good for some people but it's not for me.
Yea I told my mans I ain’t checking for Houston in the summer months , I’ll pull up between October and April :lol: ...n that sound like a typical problem for cats moving from north to south, other than the women and club/strip club it can def be easy to be bored

I miss NY falls and springs but f the winter except for Christmas.

You get spoiled and soft real quick here in LA with the weather. I went home to NY last November and was not feeling the cold weather at all.

East Coast seasons were cool in years past.

Now I feel like every winter is cold AF and the summer is hot and humid. It's been 90's and humid for a week straight with no end in sight. It's disgusting. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Global warming seems like real sh*t though.

Living in CA right now sounds like heaven.

These fires making CA look ugly these past summers. Seattle/Pdx for summers and DesertCali/AZ for winters.

Yea I told my mans I ain’t checking for Houston in the summer months , I’ll pull up between October and April :lol: ...n that sound like a typical problem for cats moving from north to south, other than the women and club/strip club it can def be easy to be bored

Definitely don't come to Houston in the summer April to August its unbearable hot. Already told myself next summer I'll be in nyc or maybe Cali or maybe south beach/biscayne bay Miami.

I've left the club scene rather go to lounges or hookah spots to chill out.

I like the fall to winter seasons.
ny has continental 4 seasons. just can’t stand the high heat of summer

Last edited by a moderator:
Before getting a job in the outdoors I didnt mind winter season but now I hate winter

This

Gonna move to Hawaii or Vegas most likely in a few more years. I got a lot of working left to do and I’m not about to be miserable half the year.

I couldn’t care less if it’s 100 and humid which is summer here... it’s the negative temps that I can’t deal with.

I could do fine in both places but ultimately I think Vegas would be better for me.

vegas is waaaaayyyyy cheaper. tons of people move from hawaii to vegas. personally, i’d hate to be away from the ocean.

Went to San Diego for the first time last week to visit some friends and had an awesome time. The weather and scenery were beautiful. The food was great and the people I met seemed laid-back and in a good mood overall. I could definitely see why they moved out there on a whim.

While I was there, they mentioned that it was odd that it was mostly cloudy for even just parts of the day and that they'd been surfing in December. Went back home where it had rained for four straight days before I left and it proceeded to rain the next two days upon me getting home. :lol:

Does it ever get old living in places like this? I'm mainly referring to the weather, but the culture/lifestyle too. Couldn't help but wonder why everyone doesn't just move to places with a similar climate and things to do.
I just moved to Orange County last October and does it get old? Living near the beach and being close to San Diego and Anaheim, it hasn't gotten old.

Culture wise...I'm kind of whatever with it. It's a rich, white, suburban community that still has some folks thinking like the old days. We're definitely the minority out here and have come across folks who have looked at us sideways.

Definitely appreciate the weather. Growing up in NorCal and living in VA for a little bit, we are spoiled with the nice weather here.

What I do miss is the cold winter weather. Being in the high 60s and some days low 70s in December was weird for me.

vegas is waaaaayyyyy cheaper. tons of people move from hawaii to vegas. personally, i’d hate to be away from the ocean.
Yeah, I've always wondered what the appeal was for Hawaiians to move to Vegas. I know some family friends who have done that and they love the desert.

Maybe they had Island fever and wanted to get away?

Yeah, I think I'm the minority where I actually enjoy the winter and cold weather.

I can layer and had my fat. :smokin

The only time I wore a 'thick' jacket was when I visited fam in NorCal. Being here in SoCal, I've worn a zip-up hoodie.

Yeah, I've always wondered what the appeal was for Hawaiians to move to Vegas. I know some family friends who have done that and they love the desert.

home prices are ridiculous here. people can’t afford to own their own home. a studio in my building will run you almost 400k. you can buy a nice house for that in vegas.

Living in Vegas is agreeing to living in abject poverty. Vegas is wack outside of the strip, which is actually also wack.

I wish LA had real Fall/Winter but I'm not complaining...

Everywhere has its perks and what not. Hawaii is dope but stupid expensive. Lived in San Antonio for a good while, loved it. Weather was on the fringe of multiple personalities disorder, tho. Hot one day, hailed the next. Tf lol

I need to find a place where it gets 80 tops in the summer, 30 at it’s lowest in the winter, and the trees never die so I don’t have to deal with spring allergens :lol:

I’m a Fall fan though. The trees turning, the mild breezes, not hot, not too cold.

I just hate humidity in the summer. And the DMV’s humidity is trash :smh:

Hell no. I moved from New Jersey to North Carolina and I wish I lived in Florida now so I don’t even have to deal with the NC winters :lol:

I need to find a place where it gets 80 tops in the summer, 30 at it’s lowest in the winter, and the trees never die so I don’t have to deal with spring allergens :lol:

I’m a Fall fan though. The trees turning, the mild breezes, not hot, not too cold.

I just hate humidity in the summer. And the DMV’s humidity is trash :smh:

Try the Pacific Northwest maybe?

Luckily we stay pretty central to all types of weather ... an hour away from the mountains if we want snow, close to the desert, we get a nice sprinkle of rain ... and at times we freeze our asses off at 60 degrees :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom