does Kobe wear ankle braces inside those low 4s?

does anybody know if Kobe wears active ankles or some type of ankle brace inside the KB4s? Ive read a few reviews that claim the shoes have all thesemodifications so your ankle doesn't roll over. But when I watch the games I notice his socks look very thick around the ankle. I'm just saying, howreliable can the shoe be for ankle roll prevention if he wears ankle braces? kinda like false advertisement. I don't have a pair of these so I'm justspeculating. I just want to know what others think about this.

^^nah he doesn't wear any braces
there was a picture in the nba feet thread
of him putting on shoes for the game
and didnt have any brace or anything
but yes, a great tape job will do the job

Tape job...

I hear low tops offer the same protection as mids/highs... (i remember this subject causing a huge argument as well)

^that all makes sense, his ankles would need to be taped in those. Isn't that how Gilbert areas injured his ankles?from wearing low cuts(i know he wearsAdidas, but I'm saying)

no braces just tape as everyone says...ankles braces can be bad for those of you who dont need them. your ankles will weaken if you use them without having hadinjuries before. take it for what its worth

Originally Posted by geegee

^that all makes sense, his ankles would need to be taped in those. Isn't that how Gilbert areas injured his ankles?from wearing low cuts(i know he wears Adidas, but I'm saying)
Agent Zero's knees haven't been the problem, it's his knees.

Very comfortable, they feel like Socks.
pimp.gif

Indeed, everyone in the league tape their ankles
and as for mid/high v. low cut controversy....
a low is as good as a mid or high
it just depends on the stability of the base, hence th eneed for outtriggers

Originally Posted by Magic1978

^that all makes sense, his ankles would need to be taped in those. Isn't that how Gilbert areas injured his ankles?from wearing low cuts(i know he wears Adidas, but I'm saying)
Agent Zero's knees ankle? haven't been the problem, it's his knees.

wink.gif

Gilbert never was never injured because of him wearing low-top's, his leg got bashed when another player fell on it.

side note - wearing higher, more restrictive shoes can actually make you're ankles weaker.

Lows, Mids, Highs .... doesn't matter. If you roll your ankle the right way nothing will prevent it, even with ankle braces and a solid tape job. End ofstory.

do you guys tape your own ankles? I was watching a youtube vid on a trainer properly taping up an ankle... doesn't look like something you can doyourself...

i wish everyone would get over the whole ankle brace thing. ankle support is one of the biggest myths ever. mids and highs dont prevent sprained ankles, not tolow tops allow them more. basically every other sport is played in low tops...take tennis for example...planting and cutting way more than basketball, and notape (for the most part). just do ankle exercises and you will never have a problem, with or without tape, lows, mids or highs...

Sorry buddy, i would disagree with that, youre right about the fact that there is more planting and cutting in tennis, but youre definitely forgetting thefactor of being in contact of other players as well as being in the air MUCH more than a tennis players. Running over or landing on other people's anklesare more than enough reasons why basketball players wear ankle protection and tennis players do not.

Back
Top Bottom