does Kobe wear ankle braces inside those low 4s?

Kobe doesn't wear braces, he's just got a professional tape job before games. I've had experiences with braces and if they're too restrictive,and your leg has to roll, it'll twist at the knee. POP!

ankle support is fiction

ZOOM KOBE IV best shoe ever and it shows that the best player in the nba can win a championship without high tops or ankle braces

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by geegee

^that all makes sense, his ankles would need to be taped in those. Isn't that how Gilbert areas injured his ankles?from wearing low cuts(i know he wears Adidas, but I'm saying)
Agent Zero's knees haven't been the problem, it's his knees.
Ya, I also remember though reading in ESPN a few years ago when he really blew up that he plays in running shoes or at least used to because heliked the way they feel said he felt "faster"

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

nope he has ankle insurance..
hahaha read my mind
roll.gif

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Sorry buddy, i would disagree with that, youre right about the fact that there is more planting and cutting in tennis, but youre definitely forgetting the factor of being in contact of other players as well as being in the air MUCH more than a tennis players. Running over or landing on other people's ankles are more than enough reasons why basketball players wear ankle protection and tennis players do not.
you are right...i have never stepped on someones foot playing tennis......

na he don't wear ankle braces if u watched kobe doin work it shoes when he gets them taped and then puts on two pairs of socks or wateva

Kinda off topic, but do you guys wear long socks or ankle socks when balling in the Kobe IVs? Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Kinda off topic, but do you guys wear long socks or ankle socks when balling in the Kobe IVs? Thanks for your input.
Holy cow. Are you kidding me? The cut of the socks you're wearing has zero affect on anythingperformance-wise. Strictly aesthetics... If you are talking about looks, I prefer low-cut.

EDIT:

Gil did indeed play in adidas running shoes:
3000068.jpg

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Holy cow. Are you kidding me? The cut of the socks you're wearing has zero affect on anything performance-wise. Strictly aesthetics... If you are talking about looks, I prefer low-cut.

EDIT:

Gil did indeed play in adidas running shoes:
3000068.jpg
Yeah, I meant for looks.

^ usually low socks with low basketball shoes with me, with mids i'll wear knee highs because i like that look better.

Ive been using my ankle brace ever since i broke my ankle in high school. I found it far less that i hurt/sprain my ankle when i wear it, and it also gives mea sense of security.

You cant really say ankle braces are a myth or fiction, because it obviously helps in some way depending on the player. It was a bit restricting at first butwhen i got used to it, i never ball without it...

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

no braces just tape as everyone says...ankles braces can be bad for those of you who dont need them. your ankles will weaken if you use them without having had injuries before. take it for what its worth
and haven't worked on strengthening them....

you absolutely can NOT effectively tape your own ankles.

easy to do someone else's or to teach someone. many variations depending on where you need specific support

I love how they look and i've read the revies but i'm still scared to death to play in em. my ankles are bad enough that im shook just to walk aroundin lows, let alone play in em.

Back
Top Bottom