** Does NIKETALK know anything about the DEEP WEB?! **

Originally Posted by prymone

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

Here's a shot of the Silk Road...
vxm8tu.jpg
/oi52.tinypic.com/vxm8tu.jpg"">http://oi52.tinypic.com/vxm8tu.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>">

mind = BLOWN
*rubs chin*

I would go on but i aint trying to catch some Cp charge..... Accessing everything else is legal tho if i just wanna browse right?
Im afraid of this Deep Web but want to know more.

I would go on but i aint trying to catch some Cp charge..... Accessing everything else is legal tho if i just wanna browse right?
Im afraid of this Deep Web but want to know more.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Peep the stash book Neo picks up in that scene. It's called Simulacra and Simulation. Wikipedia it. Very interesting. My next purchase...

Simulacra and Simulation is most known for its discussion of images, signs, and how they relate to contemporaneity. Baudrillard claims that our current society has replaced all reality and meaning with symbols and signs, and that human experience is of a simulation of reality. Moreover, these simulacra are not merely mediations of reality, nor even deceptive mediations of reality; they are not based in a reality nor do they hide a reality, they simply hide that anything like reality is irrelevant to our current understanding of our lives. The simulacra that Baudrillard refers to are the significations and symbolism of culture and media that construct perceived reality, the acquired understanding by which our lives and shared existence is rendered legible; Baudrillard believed that society has become so saturated with these simulacra and our lives so saturated with the constructs of society that all meaning was being rendered meaningless by being infinitely mutable. Baudrillard called this phenomenon the "precession of simulacra".
eek.gif

I'm sorry but this looks like an amzing, mind !$*@ book. Will purchase to be confused and confused about confusion
pimp.gif

Yeah i picked that book up awhile ago.  Very interesting stuff yet very hard to grasp.  I recommend starting with some of his earlier books as this book is written for those who are assumed to already know his theories.  I was just barely able to understand what was being said and I am still unsure if I am understanding it the way I was meant to.  Plus the fact that it's translated from french doesn't help.   Author has some very interesting theories, some which physics is starting to prove.

What are some of his earlier books titles?
There are so many. Here are a few I found interesting; The Conspiracy of Art, Seduction, Simulations, Symbolic Exchange and Death, etc... Amazon has them all, so yeup.
pimp.gif

Peep the stash book Neo picks up in that scene. It's called Simulacra and Simulation. Wikipedia it. Very interesting. My next purchase...

Simulacra and Simulation is most known for its discussion of images, signs, and how they relate to contemporaneity. Baudrillard claims that our current society has replaced all reality and meaning with symbols and signs, and that human experience is of a simulation of reality. Moreover, these simulacra are not merely mediations of reality, nor even deceptive mediations of reality; they are not based in a reality nor do they hide a reality, they simply hide that anything like reality is irrelevant to our current understanding of our lives. The simulacra that Baudrillard refers to are the significations and symbolism of culture and media that construct perceived reality, the acquired understanding by which our lives and shared existence is rendered legible; Baudrillard believed that society has become so saturated with these simulacra and our lives so saturated with the constructs of society that all meaning was being rendered meaningless by being infinitely mutable. Baudrillard called this phenomenon the "precession of simulacra".
eek.gif

I'm sorry but this looks like an amzing, mind !$*@ book. Will purchase to be confused and confused about confusion
pimp.gif

Yeah i picked that book up awhile ago.  Very interesting stuff yet very hard to grasp.  I recommend starting with some of his earlier books as this book is written for those who are assumed to already know his theories.  I was just barely able to understand what was being said and I am still unsure if I am understanding it the way I was meant to.  Plus the fact that it's translated from french doesn't help.   Author has some very interesting theories, some which physics is starting to prove.

There are so many. Here are a few I found interesting; The Conspiracy of Art, Seduction, Simulations, Symbolic Exchange and Death, etc... Amazon has them all, so yeup.
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yea, dudes got tons of titles.  I recommend reading Symbolic Exchange and Death, Simulations, and Simulation and Science Fiction.  The Gulf War Did Not Take Place
http://www.amazon.com/s/r...=UTF8&qid=1299519663

I wouldn't go into it thinking it's about the matrix or inspiration of the matrix cause thinking that way kind of threw me off the first time I read it.  

From my understanding it's more about how every event or thing is no longer real but a simulation.  Everything has lost it's meaning as different types of media 

have programmed our responses and thinking about everything.  Nothing is real cause all our actions and responses are a simulation of what we see and how everything has been defined for us since birth.  I found it related to quantum physics and how observation effects reality.  He brings some sort of metaphysical aspects into it as well.

Definitely something you will need to read twice.  Translation really makes this more difficult than i think it is. 

eek.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yea, dudes got tons of titles.  I recommend reading Symbolic Exchange and Death, Simulations, and Simulation and Science Fiction.  The Gulf War Did Not Take Place
http://www.amazon.com/s/r...=UTF8&qid=1299519663

I wouldn't go into it thinking it's about the matrix or inspiration of the matrix cause thinking that way kind of threw me off the first time I read it.  

From my understanding it's more about how every event or thing is no longer real but a simulation.  Everything has lost it's meaning as different types of media 

have programmed our responses and thinking about everything.  Nothing is real cause all our actions and responses are a simulation of what we see and how everything has been defined for us since birth.  I found it related to quantum physics and how observation effects reality.  He brings some sort of metaphysical aspects into it as well.

Definitely something you will need to read twice.  Translation really makes this more difficult than i think it is. 

Back
Top Bottom