Does NT Have a Race Problem?

Does NT have a race problem?

• Total voters
Some of these dudes on here really, truly, are such cowards, so weak in their stance on freedom, that they refuse to understand that you have a RIGHT to hate your oppressor. I’d never want to be stuck in a foxhole with some of you. You are so in love with your oppressor, you feel that it is your duty to protect them. So damned pathetic.

Is this a systematic issue?
In that the aggression is a result of the oppressive system experienced by the POC? Could be, absolutely. we certainly can't deny his/her oppressive experience.

But it could also just be a personality issue, right?

Or both.

Or both and more.

C'mon, man. I'm not trying anything other than discussion.

It seems questions outside of your desired conversation, vantage point, or experience frustrate you.

It also seems like what it seems like doesn't matter in an open discussion. So long as questions ate being asked respectfully and opinions are being considered, what's there to be frustrated with?

People get so threatened with questions to things they hadn't considered or don't want to discuss. I've always noticed this. 'Keep the questions and direction within my comfort zone, bucko.'
In that the aggression is a result of the oppressive system experienced by the POC? Could be, absolutely. we certainly can't deny his/her oppressive experience.

But it could also just be a personality issue, right?

Or both.

Or both and more.
i would say the so called aggression may be justified, but it clearly pales in comparison to the daily aggressions POC experience.

Coward huh?
let me guess
Chess not checkers?
61381806-D05B-4480-AB69-345517710B7D.png
Some of these dudes on here really, truly, are such cowards, so weak in their stance on freedom, that they refuse to understand that you have a RIGHT to hate your oppressor. I’d never want to be stuck in a foxhole with some of you. You are so in love with your oppressor, you feel that it is your duty to protect them. So damned pathetic.

Lol, just as I said. Pathetic. The cognitive dissonance here is astounding!

what´s with people who don´t identify as ¨black¨ or ¨white¨ always getting tossed in the ¨others¨ bin?

could have sworn damn near half of humanity comes from India and China alone.

I´ve heard a couple people speak Spanish too.

...wait, I´m not in here.

White supremacy, and the plight to further white supremacy, gives all others the chance to not be white, but close enough through the model minority initiative. It applies to all others, only if you do not have too much melanin.

what´s with people who don´t identify as ¨black¨ or ¨white¨ always getting tossed in the ¨others¨ bin?

could have sworn damn near half of humanity comes from India and China alone.

I´ve heard a couple people speak Spanish too.

...wait, I´m not in here.
How are the dark skinned (Mexican) brothers and sisters treated in the land of Jalisco?

I come in peace.

"white, conservative, Trump supporting woman who thinks she's not racist because her best friend is black, we would call her a racist. Right? I mean clearly, right? Why not just call her a woman?"

She is simply a woman, one where her politics may differ from other women. To go deeper, intersectionality comes into play here.
I get that. But honestly, you wouldn't call her a racist?

I would.

Would I be wrong for that? Would you try to guide me towards different language if I were to reference her as a racist?

If you would, you would. If that's your answer, I can dig it. I'm just curious.

ah, ****...I´m in here.

White supremacy, and the plight to further white supremacy, gives all others the chance to not be white, but close enough through the model minority initiative. It applies to all others, only if you do not have too much melanin.

is more of that a race thing or a power dynamics thing?

the chain of custody in global hegemony (as long as there has been such a thing, I know you know I know you know somebody like Mansa Musa only held sway in North Africa and the Mediterranean) goes something like England-France-England-Spain-England/France-England-USA...lot of ¨white people¨ in there.

there are lots of Yankees fans of all colors because they won like 1 out of every 4 championships ever contested, not just because many of them have been white...everybody loves a winner and hates a loser.

...except Confederates and Neo-Nazis.

How are the dark skinned (Mexican) brothers and sisters treated in the land of Jalisco?

I come in peace.

my experience in Mexico has underlined my belief that many societal issues stem more from class than race.

a few do the whole ¨light skin/dark skin¨ idiocy that I heard in my own community growing up, but mostly The People are all equally poor...hilariousadly enough, the most frequent discrimination is directed at...

Mexicans!

angry lol.

Oppressor has his foot on your throat, and you think that by saying please, take your foot off, that he will acquiesce. Women have been dealing with such oppression longer than any group in existence. But since this site harbors a plethora of misogynist viewpoints, many of you do not understand how deep the struggle for freedom runs. You are happy with the progress that has been made Just so that you can buy more kicks, and then wear polo clothes, but you’ve forgotten that the oppressor still sees your mother as a *****, one that is supposed to feed HIS children, faster than she should feed her own. You should be embarrassed, ashamed of yourselves to allow that opppresor to think of you as he does. Like I said, cowards.

I would say the so called aggression may be justified, but it clearly pales in comparison to the daily aggressions POC experience.
Definitely pales in comparison. I was definitely not trying to paint a picture of equal oppression/aggression. **** no.

I experience racial agression damn near daily when I step out of the house.
... and I hate that I don't need GoPro evidence of a day in your life in order to know the truth of what you just said. I don't need video evidence; I know it's true.

I'm sorry, man.

It's some of us constantly trying to fix that, though. 'S all I/we can do. And people will ish on that effort with labels like 'white savior' and what not, and that's frustrating. It's not about being a savior; it's about continuing to try to put a stop to you experiencing aggression, oppression, and BS just stepping outside your home.

We still got a ton of work to do, because a lot of us don't realize it ('we' and 'us' being white people).

Again, I'm sorry for your experience, man.

I would also argue that there is no short-circuiting the concept of privilege based on the nature of humanity.

so boom, we all agree to stop being racist and permanently destroy class barriers. yay!

you think better-looking people wouldn´t be still be treated far more kindly by everyone they ever met?

does the child of a successful person not stand a MUCH greater chance of being successful themselves?

would the global propagation of the English language not remain a visible example of white supremacy?

will short people get a reason to live?

all jokes aside, people will always have a reason to prefer one flavor of human being over another.

doesn´t mean privelege in many of its forms isn´t worth fighting, but be realistic about the potential results.

Oppressor has his foot on your throat, and you think that by saying please, take your foot off, that he will acquiesce. Women have been dealing with such oppression longer than any group in existence. But since this site harbors a plethora of misogynist viewpoints, many of you do not understand how deep the struggle for freedom runs. You are happy with the progress that has been made Just so that you can buy more kicks, and then wear polo clothes, but you’ve forgotten that the oppressor still sees your mother as a *****, one that is supposed to feed HIS children, faster than she should feed her own. You should be embarrassed, ashamed of yourselves to allow that opppresor to think of you as he does. Like I said, cowards.

now there´s a concept I can get behind...everybody talks about the dominant party in a given social dynamic ending their reign on top, but they always forget the most important part of that conversation: ¨...or what?¨

Last edited:
I get that. But honestly, you wouldn't call her a racist?

I would.

Would I be wrong for that? Would you try to guide me towards different language if I were to reference her as a racist?

If you would, you would. If that's your answer, I can dig it. I'm just curious.
The answer is that she is still a woman, who happens to be a person that benefits from white supremacy., white privilege. Sure, she may have racist beliefs, but she is still oppressed as a woman. White women can and will vote and then act against their best interests. If you are white? I should not need to explain to you how your privilege works, then how intersectionality comes into play.

My Mexican homies in Cali I grew up w also kept it real. They told me that their families are mad racist.
Definitely pales in comparison. I was definitely not trying to paint a picture of equal oppression/aggression. **** no.

... and I hate that I don't need GoPro evidence of a day in your life in order to know the truth of what you just said. I don't need video evidence; I know it's true.

I'm sorry, man.

It's some of us constantly trying to fix that, though. 'S all I/we can do.

We still got a ton of work to do, because a lot of us don't realize it ('we' and 'us' being whoe people).

Again, I'm sorry for your experience, man.
I would also argue that there is no short-circuiting the concept of privilege based on the nature of humanity.

so boom, we all agree to stop being racist and permanently destroy class barriers. yay!

you think better-looking people wouldn´t be still be treated far more kindly by everyone they ever met?

does the child of a successful person not stand a MUCH greater chance of being successful themselves?

would the global propagation English language not remain a visible example of white supremacy?

will short people get a reason to live?

all jokes aside, people will always have a reason to prefer one flavor of human being over another.

doesn´t mean privelege in many of its forms isn´t worth fighting, but be realistic about the potential results.

now there´s a concept I can get behind...everybody talks about the dominant party in a given social dynamic ending their reign on top, but they always forget the most important part of that conversation: ¨...or what?¨
in America though Race reigns supreme. Especially give the history of THIS country. There was once a time when Irish and Italian people were treated like Balck people. That doesn’t happen much anymore. A poor white person will still have a higher quality of life than a poor person of color. Poor people of color have way worse quality of life than poor whites, which is why many poor whites will vote Republican often voting against their own interests because they know race reigns supreme in America. Even if you’re a poor white person you still have white privilege, which puts you at a higher level on the social totem pole. So I don’t buy into the class argument because race is always connected to class.

ah, ****...I´m in here.

is more of that a race thing or a power dynamics thing?

the chain of custody in global hegemony (as long as there has been such a thing, I know you know I know you know somebody like Mansa Musa only held sway in North Africa and the Mediterranean) goes something like England-France-England-Spain-England/France-England-USA...lot of ¨white people¨ in there.

there are lots of Yankees fans of all colors because they won like 1 out of every 4 championships ever contested, not just because many of them have been white...everybody loves a winner and hates a loser.

...except Confederates and Neo-Nazis.

my experience in Mexico has underlined my belief that many societal issues stem more from class than race.

a few do the whole ¨light skin/dark skin¨ idiocy that I heard in my own community growing up, but mostly The People are all equally poor...hilariousadly enough, the most frequent discrimination is directed at...

Mexicans!

angry lol.
It a power thing, getting people to vote against their best interests. Crumbs from the table, and get them to be happy about getting the crumbs. That keeps white supremacy in place.

My Mexican homies in Cali I grew up w also kept it real. They told me that their families are mad racist.
I didn't grow up with my family but I did grow up in CA and I know exactly what you're talking about. I've met mad prejudiced Hispanic people (and obviously that is not to say that all Hispanic people are prejudiced. I am simply saying that I've met mad prejudiced Hispanic people.)

And you meant prejudiced, right? Not racist?

I didn't grow up with my family but I did grow up in CA and I know exactly what you're talking about. I've met mad prejudiced Hispanic people (and obviously that is not to say that all Hispanic people are prejudiced. I am simply saying that I've met mad prejudiced Hispanic people.)

And you meant prejudiced, right? Not racist?
Correct prejudiced. Meant to say prejudiced.

Back
Top Bottom