Does water cause yellowing on icy bottoms?

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

elcerrito91 wrote:
when you dry the sole with a towel, you mean like a hand/ dish towel? do you dab at the water or scrub with the towel, when drying?
i just use my roommate's bath towel and then hang it back up on the rack when im done.  he is dirty anyways.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

but ya man keep it simple. cardboard box, no paper, in the closet, your good

one has to ask themselves:

am i keeping the shoes to look perfect and/or possibly resell

or

am i keeping them to wear

two different storage techniques involved

or

Originally Posted by green rhino123

or

whether you want your pair to be on ice or whether you want a pair to wear, I dont see how the techniques would be any different. I treat all my pairs the same (for my beaters though, I just put them on my floor and not in the box, but until they are beat, I treat them as if they are brand new). I want to make them look as good as possible, who doesn't?. Plus not everyone who keeps a pair DS wants to sell, (I know you said "or" and I'm sure you know, but just saying).

What different techniques did you have in mind?

Originally Posted by green rhino123

or

whether you want your pair to be on ice or whether you want a pair to wear, I dont see how the techniques would be any different. I treat all my pairs the same (for my beaters though, I just put them on my floor and not in the box, but until they are beat, I treat them as if they are brand new). I want to make them look as good as possible, who doesn't?. Plus not everyone who keeps a pair DS wants to sell, (I know you said "or" and I'm sure you know, but just saying).

What different techniques did you have in mind?

elcerrito -

think about everything people have mentioned thus far & the variation of opinions and techniques

now apply it to what i said
take some time to think it through & pm me if you would appreciate a full explanation

elcerrito -

think about everything people have mentioned thus far & the variation of opinions and techniques

now apply it to what i said
take some time to think it through & pm me if you would appreciate a full explanation

Originally Posted by SOURorbetter

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

silica only in humid areas or what?

I'm just about to order a pack of 500 1 gram silica gel packets... Its hot and hella humid in Miami so I got to be on point!
smokin.gif
Damp Rid Systems work so much better than those amateur silica gel packets.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SOURorbetter

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

silica only in humid areas or what?

I'm just about to order a pack of 500 1 gram silica gel packets... Its hot and hella humid in Miami so I got to be on point!
smokin.gif
Damp Rid Systems work so much better than those amateur silica gel packets.
pimp.gif

^ I got Damp Rid already in my closet. That thing isn't doing much against the high humidity... If you haven't been down here you have no idea

^ I got Damp Rid already in my closet. That thing isn't doing much against the high humidity... If you haven't been down here you have no idea

A lot of great info in this thread! Thanks.

I've worn my DMP VI's 3-4 times and they're holding up well. My DMP XI's are DS & still ICY.

I've had them inside an unsealed ziplock bag w/2 silica packs per side. JB paper on top of ziplock bags. The gold box, along with all my shoes are inside a dark wooden cabinet.

My DS CDP Carmines have been stored in the same manner and they are a lot yellower than my DMP VI's. The yellow is so bad, you'd think they were beat!

A lot of great info in this thread! Thanks.

I've worn my DMP VI's 3-4 times and they're holding up well. My DMP XI's are DS & still ICY.

I've had them inside an unsealed ziplock bag w/2 silica packs per side. JB paper on top of ziplock bags. The gold box, along with all my shoes are inside a dark wooden cabinet.

My DS CDP Carmines have been stored in the same manner and they are a lot yellower than my DMP VI's. The yellow is so bad, you'd think they were beat!

I use hot water and a splash of tide ,toothbrush and a soft cloth on all my Jordans when I clean them, and xi's that have clear soles I put two or three drops of seaglow on the soles and use a tooth brush to scrub it in good , I only do the seaglow thing once in a while (probably after like three wears) but that method has kept all my 00-01's looking good and fresh enough that I passed on the recent spacejams and the cool greys . Hope this helps

I use hot water and a splash of tide ,toothbrush and a soft cloth on all my Jordans when I clean them, and xi's that have clear soles I put two or three drops of seaglow on the soles and use a tooth brush to scrub it in good , I only do the seaglow thing once in a while (probably after like three wears) but that method has kept all my 00-01's looking good and fresh enough that I passed on the recent spacejams and the cool greys . Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom