Does water cause yellowing on icy bottoms?

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

i dont give a f*uck, i step in dog +%*@ and let it rock

lmao I can only guess what kind of person you are
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Originally Posted by Magic1978

^

Hell yeh! I always clean my Jordans before I put them back in the box. That's just nasty if you don't.

And I never had any yellowing problems using regular tap water to clean my icy sole Jordans. Just make sure to dry the soles off with a towel afterward.

I really hope this was a joke
No, it's not a joke.
Why would it be a problem? You walk around in your Jordans all day which attracts a bunch of dirt and other disgusting stuff that sticks to the bottom of your sole and you're not going to clean them up before putting them back in the box?

I paid hundreds of dollars for my Jordans so I'll make sure they stay pristine as possible.

exactly, I bet he was joking when he made that post....thanks a lot whatislove for those tips.....and for all you guys who doubt that the paper does anything, I know from first hand experience (this weekend actually) that is does do considerable damage. I have a pair of DS 04 Alpha Forces and one shoe is yellowed while the other one is white. Be careful with your shoes, this maintenance info is very informative. Thanks. I will check out that other thread too. You are welcome SOUR for the link.

^

Hell yeh! I always clean my Jordans before I put them back in the box. That's just nasty if you don't.

And I never had any yellowing problems using regular tap water to clean my icy sole Jordans. Just make sure to dry the soles off with a towel afterward.

No, it's not a joke.
Why would it be a problem? You walk around in your Jordans all day which attracts a bunch of dirt and other disgusting stuff that sticks to the bottom of your sole and you're not going to clean them up before putting them back in the box?

I paid hundreds of dollars for my Jordans so I'll make sure they stay pristine as possible.

exactly, I bet he was joking when he made that post....thanks a lot whatislove for those tips.....and for all you guys who doubt that the paper does anything, I know from first hand experience (this weekend actually) that is does do considerable damage. I have a pair of DS 04 Alpha Forces and one shoe is yellowed while the other one is white. Be careful with your shoes, this maintenance info is very informative. Thanks. I will check out that other thread too. You are welcome SOUR for the link.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

No, it's not a joke.

thanks for the link dude. So yea I'm just gonna wash them and dry them after every use and keep them stored in 2gallon freezer ziplocs with a 1 gram silica pack in each bag. Thanks for all the responses
pimp.gif

No, it's not a joke.

thanks for the link dude. So yea I'm just gonna wash them and dry them after every use and keep them stored in 2gallon freezer ziplocs with a 1 gram silica pack in each bag. Thanks for all the responses
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

The only concern would be tiny droplets of water that get absorbed into the sole (or find small cracks/crevices to get into); there's really nothing you can do about that, though. If you're in a humid place, chances are that it's going to happen to you no matter what you do.

I think cleaning the soles can help slow down yellowing, though... avoiding all the dirt/grime/etc. definitely keeps them looking better. Plus, there are times that the some of the dirt that stays on the sole in one of the cracks/treads/etc. actually seems to yellow that particular part of the shoe (I guess it's just exposure to that piece of dirt for an extended period of time... the dirt could also have had some moisture which caused an oxidation spot to occur).

Anyway, as long as you dry the shoes off as best as you can afterward, you should be alright... but if you live in a humid place, it really won't make that much difference in the long run IMO.

when you dry the sole with a towel, you mean like a hand/ dish towel? do you dab at the water or scrub with the towel, when drying?
i just use my roommate's bath towel and then hang it back up on the rack when im done.  he is dirty anyways.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

The only concern would be tiny droplets of water that get absorbed into the sole (or find small cracks/crevices to get into); there's really nothing you can do about that, though. If you're in a humid place, chances are that it's going to happen to you no matter what you do.

I think cleaning the soles can help slow down yellowing, though... avoiding all the dirt/grime/etc. definitely keeps them looking better. Plus, there are times that the some of the dirt that stays on the sole in one of the cracks/treads/etc. actually seems to yellow that particular part of the shoe (I guess it's just exposure to that piece of dirt for an extended period of time... the dirt could also have had some moisture which caused an oxidation spot to occur).

Anyway, as long as you dry the shoes off as best as you can afterward, you should be alright... but if you live in a humid place, it really won't make that much difference in the long run IMO.

when you dry the sole with a towel, you mean like a hand/ dish towel? do you dab at the water or scrub with the towel, when drying?
i just use my roommate's bath towel and then hang it back up on the rack when im done.  he is dirty anyways.

Originally Posted by gzagenius

guys.... theyre SOLES, who the hell is looking at the bottom of your shoes?
the guys i dunk on at the elementry school 6 foot rim, thats who!!!

btw im just messing....but insightful on how people clean their shoes...i personally never used water thinking it does cause yellowing but ive also noticed they yellow when i dont clean, so i guess time to try cleaning them now.

Originally Posted by gzagenius

guys.... theyre SOLES, who the hell is looking at the bottom of your shoes?
the guys i dunk on at the elementry school 6 foot rim, thats who!!!

btw im just messing....but insightful on how people clean their shoes...i personally never used water thinking it does cause yellowing but ive also noticed they yellow when i dont clean, so i guess time to try cleaning them now.

im seriously thinking about taking out all the silica packs now. even though i only have one per box, i always used them to slow down the yellowing process on my icy soles and white midsoles of my dunks. was i wrong??

im seriously thinking about taking out all the silica packs now. even though i only have one per box, i always used them to slow down the yellowing process on my icy soles and white midsoles of my dunks. was i wrong??

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

I have NEVER used any silica gel packets and NOTHING has ever happened to my Jordans as far as yellowing is concerned except due to natural aging and wearing them of course.
(Over a decade)

Like whatislove said, "Keep the shoes in a cool/dry/dark area as often as possible"

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

I have NEVER used any silica gel packets and NOTHING has ever happened to my Jordans as far as yellowing is concerned except due to natural aging and wearing them of course.
(Over a decade)

Like whatislove said, "Keep the shoes in a cool/dry/dark area as often as possible"

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

elcerrito91 wrote:

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

but ya man keep it simple. cardboard box, no paper, in the closet, your good

Back
Top Bottom