does your state deserve an expansion?

55 Fresno, CA MSA (Fresno County) - 899,348

theres pretty damn close to more than a million in fresno country
and way more just outside county lines like kern county/tulare county that
are very willing to travel. fans here just have the fresno state bulldogs to go by.

55 Fresno, CA MSA (Fresno County) - 899,348

theres pretty damn close to more than a million in fresno country
and way more just outside county lines like kern county/tulare county that
are very willing to travel. fans here just have the fresno state bulldogs to go by.
i'd rather see another organization in LA

Originally Posted by Nike God

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Well, I was born and raised in SoCal, but I live in KY now.

SoCal definitely doesn't need another team.
laugh.gif
Of course, there's no NFL team, but there's roughly 3,492 other professional teams to make up for that.

KY definitely deserves the next professional team.

The state is huge on basketball, but not NBA basketball.

People love MLB here (Reds).

And there are a few NFL fans here and there (Bengals).

I think an MLB team would be my first choice for the state, then NFL, then NBA.

The thing is, most people here are so loyal with their team that I don't see a ton of Reds fans switching loyalties to the new MLB squad, or Bengals fans switching loyalties to the new NFL squad. And since a brand new NBA team could be beaten by UK, I don't see them getting a whole ton of support either.
From what I have read, the Kentucky Colonels were one of the more successful ABA teams that didn't get merged into the NBA. You don't think pro basketball could be supported there again?

it could, and it would. if we did ever get a team, there's no doubt it would be in Louisville. some of the talk about the new basketball arena thatwill be built for the Cardinals is that there are future plans to lure or get an NBA team here. this is no doubt a basketball state, Louisville/Kentuckyhas...um..how do i say this...had the highest number of viewers of the NCAA tourney every year for the last ten years of anywhere.

ska, there are MANY NFL fans here...well, at least in Louisville. you can't get a seat in any sports bar on a Sunday during football season. i'veseen/know fans of many different teams, but mostly Bengals/Colts/Titans.

i would rather not have an NBA team in Louisville, but i wouldn't mind it neither as i wouldn't have to go to Indianapolis to catch a game. alot ofpeople think that it would take away from the love of college ball here, but i don't believe it would at all. i think it would be good though, as formerUofL and UK players in the league would get tons of support when they played in Louisville.

as far as baseball goes...it'll never happen. there are tons and tons of Reds and Cardinals fans here. plus, as mentioned, we have the Louisville Bats. Louisville Slugger Field is an unbelievable minor league park, great place to watch a game. it's been named "Professional BaseballField of the Year" twice since it's opening 8 years ago, the only park to have won the award twice.

here's the old Cardinal Stadium:

cardinl2.jpg

here's Slugger Field:

pic_louisvilleBats.jpg

wn9R49bL.jpg

slugger.jpg

Back
Top Bottom