dogs are only okay.

IMG_20200710_144050.jpg

This little guy has been the saving grace during quarantine. I'd be stir crazy without him.

dogs>
-Undying loyalty
-Will fight for you/with you (cats will protect themselves,but will watch as you get your *** beat)
-Pure joy when your back home
-territorial (will protect yard/house)
-Many talents: emotional support, hunting, help disabled, drug sniffing, corral animals etc.

Mans' best friend

If a cat could sniff it out, it definitely wouldn’t tell you. In fact, it would probably tell you were clear.

What a great video DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican !

Any other dog owners have had their dogs for 15+ years?

I'm approaching that, recently put one of my boys to sleep wasn't able to walk anymore, blind, incontinent ... was sad to see :frown:

Now, his sister has been regressing ever since I put him to sleep ... she became an escape artist every time I leave the house, she's lost some vision and is hard of hearing but still strong. Her mom is still alive and brother, but stay at my mom's house.

Makes me happy to know I've had my dogs for so long, but sad at the same time. They're chihuahuas btw ...

I'm approaching that, recently put one of my boys to sleep wasn't able to walk anymore, blind, incontinent ... was sad to see :frown:

Now, his sister has been regressing ever since I put him to sleep ... she became an escape artist every time I leave the house, she's lost some vision and is hard of hearing but still strong. Her mom is still alive and brother, but stay at my mom's house.

Makes me happy to know I've had my dogs for so long, but sad at the same time. They're chihuahuas btw ...
13 years for my buddy. So far we're lucky. She hasn't shown any major signs of age. But I'm bracing for these next 2 years. I'm afraid she'll get hit with everything at once out of the blue 😔

My first mini Dachshund was 14.5 years old (he'd already had hip dysplasia and surgery at around 5yrs old, thankfully I had pet insurance on him otherwise I'd have had to put him to sleep) he went though some surgeries vets weren't sure if he'd recover. He was tough and did, and went right back to being his normal self. Until one night years later we went to bed like always he got in his spot on the couch, and I went to my room. Woke up the next day and he was gone, I was sad no doubt, but I couldnt have asked for a better way for him to go out it'd have been rough putting him to sleep. I know when I go I want to just go to sleep of old age like him, and not wake up again, in my own bed.

Edit: This was him at about 10yrs old after the surgeries, this was his begging position didnt wine or bark. Just stood staright up staring at my hands put food in my mouth. He knew he was gonna get his when I finished, so he'd just stand there patiently waiting the whole time I ate never sat down LOL.
20200806_230722.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom