Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Do you take orders? Tried getting through to those Air Legends guys with no avail. Have a few pairs of LeBron IIs that need the soles reglued.

I want to make them into the gum color. The reason I mentioned the sole cleaner is because some people mix the sole cleaner with dyes or angelus to make it a certain color.
not to jump on Doms thread with advice but i dyed my clear soles on some XIs and you would have to find and make whatever color dye powder you want to make the sole to be then mix it with water. I made mine very gritty so that it was not fully dissolved in the water and then i got a paint brush and painted it on the parts i wanted dyed and let it sit for an hour and then slowly and carefully removed the dye that was left over with water making sure that it doesnt get on any other part of the shoe then you will be done. It is a tedious process and takes patience, i would practice on beaters first then go onto the shoes you want and if its something you will paint then i would dye it first so if you do mess up you can always cover it up with paint since you will paint it anyways.

Havent updated the thread in a while

Here are some of the customs and restorations Ive done recentyl

And if you arent following me on IG please do!  @Doms.Restorations

Dom you got some of the best sneaker customization/restoration in the GTA.

Hands down!

Can you tell me only one thing? :smile:

What are you using to clean the suede ( bred 4 , infrared 90 and varsity 6)?

Thank you very much! Amazing work! Greetings form Europe :smile:

This dudes amazing.. too bad we USA'ians cant send stuff to ya and i know Customs would tear us up in the process..

dom i got a pair of Melo 2s. solid condition. actually not too bad. if i sent them to you how much would it run me?

if its outta budget could u lead me to the right products?

Dom just stopping by. Keep up the good work.
Thanks bro!
Can you tell me only one thing?
smile.gif

What are you using to clean the suede ( bred 4 , infrared 90 and varsity 6)?

Thank you very much! Amazing work! Greetings form Europe
smile.gif
Try either Lincoln ez cleaner or jason mark

Thanks for the kind words too!

those black 11s are kinda hot.
:smile:
amazing as always, keep it up! and thanks for sharing
Anytime, I feel bad I dont get as much time now to update the thread but I try

This dudes amazing.. too bad we USA'ians cant send stuff to ya and i know Customs would tear us up in the process..
Yea, Ive heard some bad custom stories

whats the closest Angelus paint to 2013 Royal Blue 1's? Thanks in advance.
Hmm, I would say maybe "blue" or "sapphire"

Your best bet is to order 2-3 different blues and then mix the colour with them yoursef
dom i got a pair of Melo 2s. solid condition. actually not too bad. if i sent them to you how much would it run me?

if its outta budget could u lead me to the right products?
It really would depend.  If they dont need much work you might be better off trying to restore them yourself.

Shoot me a dm with some pictures and I`ll try and help you out

Here is some of the latest restorations and customs

Hope you all enjoy!

Mars 4 Midsole repaint process

Matched the midsole colour for repaint (wasnt fun lol)

A shot of 2 customs I did

Space Jam low custom

BC 3 Midsole repaint

SJ low custom again

Matte Black/gold Jordan 6 custom

Detailed look at the finished midsole repaint

Mars 4 midsole repaint

Bred 4 midsole repaint

Unyellowing some SJs

Unyellowing some Jordan 6 lows

Last edited:
Look at this guy... :tongue:

Great job on everything, now start taking kicks from the States! :lol:

Just got these in for $160 and i'm sure i overpaid for some beaters, but whatever, i wanted that NIKE AIR.

After browsing this thread, i'm sure i can bring these to life with a little effort.

Fixes I need to do:
- midsole repaint
- glue midsole separation
- repaint NIKE AIR
- possibly retrobrite the toe

Peabrain, i need some advice:
- Which step should i do first: reglue the midsole or strip & repaint the midsole?
- What glue do you recommend to reglue a big separation? Any other tips on fixing separation?
- The leather is kinda dull. Will leather feed/conditioner help "brighten" up the leather? If so what brand do you recommend?
- The elephant print is a bit dingy and the black parts have dulled. How do you recommend restoring the elephant print?
- Angelus paint will work for the plastic backtab correct?
- I'm not sure if i want to fix the creases because the toebox will crease when i wear them anyways. But can you comment on how ironing affects the pebbled leather look. Does the ironing method get rid of the pebbled look?

Pretty sure these are legit but i midas whale ask here too.
Legit?

Just got these in for $160 and i'm sure i overpaid for some beaters, but whatever, i wanted that NIKE AIR.

After browsing this thread, i'm sure i can bring these to life with a little effort.

Fixes I need to do:
- midsole repaint
- glue midsole separation
- repaint NIKE AIR
- possibly retrobrite the toe

Peabrain, i need some advice:
- Which step should i do first: reglue the midsole or strip & repaint the midsole?
- What glue do you recommend to reglue a big separation? Any other tips on fixing separation?
- The leather is kinda dull. Will leather feed/conditioner help "brighten" up the leather? If so what brand do you recommend?
- The elephant print is a bit dingy and the black parts have dulled. How do you recommend restoring the elephant print?
- Angelus paint will work for the plastic backtab correct?
- I'm not sure if i want to fix the creases because the toebox will crease when i wear them anyways. But can you comment on how ironing affects the pebbled leather look. Does the ironing method get rid of the pebbled look?

Pretty sure these are legit but i midas whale ask here too.
Legit?

Hey!

Hopefully I can help a bit,

I would start off with gluing and then stripping and repainting

Try out Barge cement which is a form of contact cement, works great for any time of seperation (make sure to read the application instructions)

Mink oil should brighten up that leather and its very easy to apply, use it last when you're done restoring the entire shoe

Restoring the elephant print, you gotta paint the faded lines, just black paint and a fine brush or toothpick should be enough for that

Angelus paint will work for the backtab but you make need to use some sort of primer because it is plastic

The ironing may affect the pebbled leather a bit depending on how many sessions you do, what you could do is decrease them

and then get some sneakershields to keep out the creases!

Sorry for the terrible grammar I wrote that all pretty fast but goodluck

Hey Dom, just wondering if your ice box set up has changed at all. Do you still use the two reptiglo bulbs or are you using one now? How long do you usually keep them icing and do you still use that same retrobright formula or do you use seaglow or Angelus solebright or something like that now?

Just wondering if anything has changed, if you've learned new tips or tricks since I last talked to you about this stuff. 

Thanks! and as always, keep up the good work!

Can you tell me, how you remove paint form midsole? I know generally to use acetone, but ho exactly YOU remove it?

super clean and amazing work
happy.gif

Whats up guys. Looking to get some some help.  I have been repainting midsoles and dyeing suede lately and I feel relatively comfortable with the process. I feel like buying an airbrush kit today as a gift for myself.  Do you think you need to be an expert to use an airbrush?  In orther words, is it completely unnecessary to have one unless you're a professional artist/restorer?  What brand or model do you recommend and with any accessories?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom