Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Great job man . If I even have shoes that need to be restored i'll definatley send them your way

^^hahaha 
laugh.gif

some really nice work here, props
Wow big props to you man! You revived those blackcements back to life! Keep up the good work man.

Great job man . If I even have shoes that need to be restored i'll definatley send them your way
Thanks guys!!! and F-Lace, definitely do!

Hey, what's up Peabreain. I'm thinking of buying these to start my first restore project. I've looked through the thread, so I sort of know what kinds of paints to buy. Just wanted to get a second opinion on how I should go about on restoring these. On the other Cherry 12s on the first pages, did you paint the whole shoe? Another thing, the red seems darker than the red on cleaner shoes. What's your opinion on this..

Pics:

great job once again!
Thanks bro!
Hey, what's up Peabreain. I'm thinking of buying these to start my first restore project. I've looked through the thread, so I sort of know what kinds of paints to buy. Just wanted to get a second opinion on how I should go about on restoring these. On the other Cherry 12s on the first pages, did you paint the whole shoe? Another thing, the red seems darker than the red on cleaner shoes. What's your opinion on this..

Pics:

Hey Local,

Thats a great first project!  I`m glad you did a little research on painting because this restoration is gonna put those skills to the test!

I think the biggest thing that these 12's need are a nice decrease and some fresh layers of paint.  The Cherry 12's I restored, I did put some paint on the entire shoe and the red might seem darker because its dirty.  Sometimes even a small layer of dirt over paint causes the actual colour to be distorted or darker.  But once you clean them you should see a difference and if not, just paint a lighter shade of red that matches with the cherry colour you think is right.  Hope this helps!

Hey Local,

Thats a great first project!  I`m glad you did a little research on painting because this restoration is gonna put those skills to the test!
I think the biggest thing that these 12's need are a nice decrease and some fresh layers of paint.  The Cherry 12's I restored, I did put some paint on the entire shoe and the red might seem darker because its dirty.  Sometimes even a small layer of dirt over paint causes the actual colour to be distorted or darker.  But once you clean them you should see a difference and if not, just paint a lighter shade of red that matches with the cherry colour you think is right.  Hope this helps!

Thanks Peabrain, I think I will make these my first project.

Hey Local,

Thanks Peabrain, I think I will make these my first project.

The soles of my OG white/red 12s are coming apart. I'm not too sure the best way to go about repairing... :wow:

So I have a pair of Obsidian 12's and I need to repaint the obsidian on the midsole, I tried the navy blue angelus and that is a bit dark would I need to mix white?

And how would you clean white shoe laces?
Yup, mix some white in, start with a drop, mix it in and see how much lighter it gets

If you need more repeat the process

For Laces,

Bleach + Dish Soap + Hot Water in an empty bottle

And I just keep shaking the bottle for a little while then repeat until they clean up

A lot of dudes selling their own "Secret Sauce" now a days....

And A lot of dudes buying it dont realize they're buying Glorified Retrobrite but for 5-10 times the price it would cost them to make it

News Flash.... there isnt anything "Secret" about their sauce

Last edited:
Dom....whats your prices looking look for some 8/10 Cool Greys(Mens) and a pair of Anniversary 11's(GS)?

so it's a storage container with holes in the top for the bulbs?
Yup!

Dom....whats your prices looking look for some 8/10 Cool Greys(Mens) and a pair of Anniversary 11's(GS)?
Really would depend on what you needed done, you could pm me

Although, if they're 8/10 they probably wouldn't need much done, you may be better off trying to

take on the restoration yourself?

A lot of dudes selling their own "Secret Sauce" now a days....

And A lot of dudes buying it dont realize they're buying Glorified Retrobrite but for 5-10 times the price it would cost them to make it

News Flash.... there isnt anything "Secret" about their sauce
my sauce has something special in it, why else is it white :tongue:

Those black cements a couple pages back :wow: :smokin :smokin You are a magician brah, might buy some pairs like that int he future and try to use the tips in here.

Back
Top Bottom