Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. I think imma just leave them alone though and not try to repaint since I'm not well experienced doing it. Would hate to ruin two shoes as expensive as those. Would rather a professional such as yourself to do it ya know.

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. I think imma just leave them alone though and not try to repaint since I'm not well experienced doing it. Would hate to ruin two shoes as expensive as those. Would rather a professional such as yourself to do it ya know.
Alright,

Its really not too hard if you take your time,

If you need any tips or anything feel free to ask!

Hi there mr. Peabrain i need some help..
I don't know if this is your expertise but i need to know how to get the cement grey 4 color, how to mix it. Any tips on those? Appreciate it.

-jingx-

Hi there mr. Peabrain i need some help..
I don't know if this is your expertise but i need to know how to get the cement grey 4 color, how to mix it. Any tips on those? Appreciate it.

-jingx-
Hey Jingx,

Try getting the angelus light grey paint,

They havent released an exact colour match for the cement 4's yet

So your best bet is to get the closest colour grey they have and then do a little mixing yourself

Try adding a little dab of white paint to it if you need to lighten it up or black to darken it

Also, you could always get the light grey paint and a darker grey paint and mix the 2 until you get the perfect shade

Paint mixing takes time, I`m not going to lie, to get that perfect shade wont be easy but its all trial and error

Last edited:
I have the grey paint and tried mixing with white. But i tried to get the same color as the jumpman tab. Since the jumpman is also cement grey..thanc peabrain

I have the grey paint and tried mixing with white. But i tried to get the same color as the jumpman tab. Since the jumpman is also cement grey..thanc peabrain
Np!

Where do you purchase the beat shoes from?
In my earlier days when I had just started trying to restore shoes, many of the shoes I had purchased from Ebay or Craigslist

There are steals everywhere on beat up shoes on Ebay

But now some of the shoes you see me do are other peoples kicks that I have restored

But I do still occasionally buy a beat up pair on Ebay when its just to hard of a deal to resist

Dope ! I just picked up a pair and was gonna ask you if you ever done a pair . I'll hit you up before the spring comes . Needs to be repainted just like the above

I'm attempting to restore a pair of beat roshe run and would you have any idea how to repaint the midsole/sole and keep it from cracking and getting destroyed?

I'm attempting to restore a pair of beat roshe run and would you have any idea how to repaint the midsole/sole and keep it from cracking and getting destroyed?
Roshe runs dont come with factory paint on the midsoles though?

Hey man. Big fan here from the philippines. I just gotta say but this post of yours is so informative and I got to learn so much stuff about cleaning/restoration. Props to you man ! Just gotta ask but how can I whiten the leather upper of my Fire Red 5(Grey Tongues) ? Do I need to strip the paint of the leather or do i just paint a thin layer of white on top of the original layer ? Thanks !!!

Last edited:
Hi, peabrain got a question ( this goes out to anybody too) im customizing my aj5 im wondering if i have to add some adhesion promoter to the plastic lace holes. To prevent from paint chipping everytime i adjust my shoe laces...

Hey man. Big fan here from the philippines. I just gotta say but this post of yours is so informative and I got to learn so much stuff about cleaning/restoration. Props to you man ! Just gotta ask but how can I whiten the leather upper of my Fire Red 5(Grey Tongues) ? Do I need to strip the paint of the leather or do i just paint a thin layer of white on top of the original layer ? Thanks !!!
Thanks for the kind words!

I`m actually in the beginning stages of planning a trip to the Philippines for later in the year!

As for whitening leather, you can try a cleaner like the jason mark, angelus cleaner, pretty much any cleaner

or

Sometimes shoes accumulate a layer of dirt on the top layer of paint, so try rubbing some acetone with a cotton pad or swab

on the parts you want to whiten, make sure you do it very lightly and dont rub to much in the same spot because you just want to get rid of the thin layer

of dirt on the top surface

And then if you dont see too much of a difference or what them to be even whiter, like you mentioned, paint a thin layer of paint on top

Hope this helps!

Hi, peabrain got a question ( this goes out to anybody too) im customizing my aj5 im wondering if i have to add some adhesion promoter to the plastic lace holes. To prevent from paint chipping everytime i adjust my shoe laces...
Hey,

Im not sure exactly what you mean,

What paint would be chipping off when you adjust the laces?

Because theres no paint on the plastic lace loops

Im
Hey,

Im not sure exactly what you mean,
What paint would be chipping off when you adjust the laces?
Because theres no paint on the plastic lace loops
sorry iam doing some custom work and involve painting the plastic lace holes.. Jist wanna know if there is other trick to avoid paint chipping.. Here is some pics

Thanx peabrain..

Im
sorry iam doing some custom work and involve painting the plastic lace holes.. Jist wanna know if there is other trick to avoid paint chipping.. Here is some pics

Thanx peabrain..
Great Airbrushing!

I love the colour, as for the paint chipping around the lace loops, I dont think they will, just be careful as you put the laces through,

Those type of customs arent meant to be worn very much, and If you are planning on wearing them, dont tie the laces tight,

This will prevent the laces rubbing against the plastic loops when you walk

I've had the same question about the plastic shoelace loops but have never asked it.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Great Airbrushing!

I love the colour, as for the paint chipping around the lace loops, I dont think they will, just be careful as you put the laces through,
Those type of customs arent meant to be worn very much, and If you are planning on wearing them, dont tie the laces tight,
This will prevent the laces rubbing against the plastic loops when you walk
Thanx man.. Your always very helpful unlike some other restorer/customizer who don't share any tips and tricks or help in general... Thanx. I repainted the lace holes and just did a very light pass about 3 passes and heat gun in between for drying. So far no chipping when i put my laces on.. I will update in the long run after few wears..

I was actually thinking of sparting the plastic with SEM plastic adhesion promoter but could not find one available around my area..

I've had the same question about the plastic shoelace loops but have never asked it.  Thanks for clearing that up.
Np!
Thanx man.. Your always very helpful unlike some other restorer/customizer who don't share any tips and tricks or help in general... Thanx. I repainted the lace holes and just did a very light pass about 3 passes and heat gun in between for drying. So far no chipping when i put my laces on.. I will update in the long run after few wears..
Anytime man!

And I think you`ll be fine, just dont play ball in them lol

Back
Top Bottom