Don't know about you guys but...... Jordan 18/18.5 Appreciation Thread

I really think they should bring back some 18s and 18.5s.... They are quite possibly still my favorite Jordan... Bring back some of the originals n then do some new color ways.. That would be dope... And I wouldn't be mad with some new 8s preferably black and green... Black and green 18s would be awesome as well

Last edited:
Love me some 18's...I've had the blk/blue pair a while and just bought the wht/red pair for $125. Such a comfortable shoe

The black and blue pair was the first shoe I saved up my own money to buy wen I was a younging... I remeber buying them n it felt good to use my own money n not have my mom get it for me.. I was like 11-12 doin construction with my pops n then had to buy all the colors ways Jordan had me hooked then just mad that I dogged all my shoes not caring up until I was like 16-17.. Quality was so much better on original 18 then the CDP

yes the black/red and black/blue also the white/red and white/blue all need to be retroed at some point. also want 16s and 17s.

Couldn't agree more! 16-18 were really slept on I feel like, the white/red 17's were so hard, I think when Jordan started with the whole covering the laces theme around then through a lot of people off... But I never wore the lace covers on my 17's and they looked soooo much better that way, and the low top white/red 16 are one of my favorite jordan shoe after retiring by far!! His whole wizards career I don't really count... But they could make some really dope colorways of both the 17 &18 simply by just changing the base color, instead of blue and red all the time, a green would be sick, infrared, yellow, dark blue, orange, endless possibilities... And I know some people hated, but the Briefcase the 17's came in is like a collectors item to me, best box by far to keep your shoe in good condition!

16-18 were performance beasts and also looked the business. They should retro them instead of releasing junk quality 1-14 that have been done to death already. Although if they do retro odds are the quality will be crap this time round
mean.gif
Shame on nike for using cheap materials considering the prices they charge

Last edited:
View media item 891805
The leather on these are on point, so soft. A retro with today's quality wouldn't even look good.

And I agree about performance beasts. 17 & 18's were all I hooped in growing up.

Edit: just looked at the pic and saw the car was in drive lol. Snapped a quick pic in the parking lot, had to share with my cousin who had the hook up at ftl the morning these released. Moral of the story arrive alive, don't shoe pic and drive

Last edited:
View media item 891805
The leather on these are on point, so soft. A retro with today's quality wouldn't even look good.

And I agree about performance beasts. 17 & 18's were all I hooped in growing up.

Edit: just looked at the pic and saw the car was in drive lol. Snapped a quick pic in the parking lot, had to share with my cousin who had the hook up at ftl the morning these released. Moral of the story arrive alive, don't shoe pic and drive

Lol b careful man don't hurt ur self or any one but those red n white 18s still look amazing.. My bro go the white and baby blue pair.. I gotta clean them for him and fix them but they r still so sexy for a shoe and still holding up pretty well I might add for shoes that were worn for a good part of a decade.. Only issue is the glue dryed out in the heal and I need to reglue the back other wise they r great

18's are crap to me besides the lows

I think some of you are young. That's why you look at them differently.

You can deff say that look at the story i referenced them in lol... I will say I do like all Jordan 1-23 then 2009-2012 n the 28 I assume ur not a fan of the newer nbers?

They are nice shoes to wear casually, but both red and white, and blue and white pairs squeeked after about two months of wear. The entire 18 line except for the lows, were my least favorite Air Jordan to ball in. Whenever I came to an abrupt halt my foot would slide.

I'm 23 lol so I don't consider u old... Now there some old dudes in my neighbor hood with some jordans lol... There like 40 year old white dude that still rocks his orignal laney 5 like everyday lol and some other like 50 year old black dude that got some og 7 and 9s but there pairs are all dogged I just nod my head everytime I walk past them tho

16-18 were performance beasts and also looked the business. They should retro them instead of releasing junk quality 1-14 that have been done to death already. Although if they do retro odds are the quality will be crap this time round:smh: Shame on nike for using cheap materials considering the prices they charge

and what about the 19?
I know many dont like the look but they are super comfy and durable. I just balled in mine today for over 1 hour which are almost 10 years old now. No sole separation etc. Only some minor patent leather crack which i got after the 3rd wearings 10 years ago. Since then no further damages.

Last edited:
I like 4 of the 5 19 cws. only one that is meh to me is the black/red. the se are great as well. probably a little better imo. Can't think of an se I didn't like of the 19 off the top of my head. 18s though are one of my favorite jordans hands down. only have the black/red right now my black/royal are too small unfortunately. JB would be getting a lot of my money if they decided to retro these 2 shoes in OG colorways or even good retro+. Assuming price doesn't shoot through the roof I would be likely to cop just about all of them.

I still have my white n red 18s n was able to grab the black 18.5 for $100 about a year ago.

I only kept my black ones. My white/blue pair had an issue with sweat trapping in the tongue of the shoe and the metal mesh rubbed against the cover inside and destroyed it. The suede pair have no problem tho. Its worn, but i still love it.

18.5s are efinitely one of the most comfortable shoes at the time, but I personally can't stand the .5 concept.  Also, I don't really like how they look either.  The perforated Jumpman kills the entire shoe for me.  

A white/black/red colorway of the 18 would be nice.  White/red and the black/red from the CDP don't really do it for me.  

But I would much rather have a solid retro of the 17, since I can't even wear mine anymore as the midsole cracked.  

18.5 is like the only good .5 to me. I actually had some fake 18.5 back then when I was a little more ignorant to all the fakes
laugh.gif
 like, I knew they weren't real, I got them on the side of the road... but for some reason I still bought them just because they were fake 18.5s
laugh.gif

Love 'em both. I considered them to be ahead of their time when they released. Amazingly comfortable. One of the greatest ad campaigns dropped when they did. I remember it like it was yesterday, the several page ad that asked "What is Love?" that finished with MJ wearing the Blk/Ryl 18s. Hope they come back.

Last edited:
I ripped that entire ad out of my school library's espn magazine and kept it in a folder in my closet
laugh.gif
 still have it too.

Back
Top Bottom