Don't know about you guys but...... Jordan 18/18.5 Appreciation Thread

Me and a friend got a pair each of the black/blue at Footlocker for $50. Only OG niketalkers will remember that deal. it was a glitch in their computer system somehow. Still got mine in nice condition.

I wish I could get some 18s idc if there lows regular 18 or 18.5s I need some in my life by the summer

and what about the 19?
I know many dont like the look but they are super comfy and durable. I just balled in mine today for over 1 hour which are almost 10 years old now. No sole separation etc. Only some minor patent leather crack which i got after the 3rd wearings 10 years ago. Since then no further damages.
I regret never purchasing them but I really liked the looks. Would get the midwest color if they retro

Got the black/blue suede 18s from the outlet on clearance for like 70 or 80. Still got em. Beat up though. Wore them in high school for bball

18 are the only sig i won't ever buy or wear.

fugly
and 18.5 is even worse, quite possibly the ugliest jordan of all time.

imo of course

White red 18s
smokin.gif

Got the blk/carolina 18.5s damn near DS in my closet still.
smokin.gif
yessss sirrrr the white/red 18's were my first jordans ever...will have to cop multiple pairs if re-retroed

nthat.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

I usually don't do this but....................... WORST JORDAN EVER! Sorry to come in an appreciation thread with my unappreciation but i've always thought these were the worst Jordan ever lol. Over the years i've grown to like a few models that I didnt when I was younger, these never grew on me. No colorway, materials or height will save them.

Again sorry for the rant in an appreciation thread, i'll let you XVIII lovers cook now and never return to this thread lol.

I got 18s in low and they wrinkled as soon as you put foot in them.  I can remember seeing others with terrible wrinkles.  Weren't folks wet towel and ironing these on NT to de-wrinkle em? This model wasn't the best....

I wish I could get some 18s idc if there lows regular 18 or 18.5s I need some in my life by the summer

Check ebay and CL frequently, they'll pop up for cheap. I got my black/blue pair a few years ago on ebay for like $130 shipped. Said worn 2x and they came looking DS (with og box and towel)

What size are you? I'm always searching for more 18's I'll give you a heads up if I see something

These and a bunch of other sneakers man. I want some black cat 4s, laser 4s with plastics tabs on both. bring back the mocha 3s and jordan 12 flints. there are some many classic non o.g. colorways that need to be re retrod. I mean i like that were getting some classics every year with this 23 years later trend. but they need to mix it up now.

the insole on mine is all beat and i kinda want to replace the insole, but do we need to keep the CF shank? There are some sports insole now that has a tpu heel shank plate.

Check ebay and CL frequently, they'll pop up for cheap. I got my black/blue pair a few years ago on ebay for like $130 shipped. Said worn 2x and they came looking DS (with og box and towel)

What size are you? I'm always searching for more 18's I'll give you a heads up if I see something
Size 10 lol wood be awsome if some pop up for cheap on the bay but only time will tell

yessss sirrrr the white/red 18's were my first jordans ever...will have to cop multiple pairs if re-retroed
View media item 893780
:nthat: :pimp: :D
Yeah that was my favorite colorway that came out! If I remember they only had black and white versions with either blue or red bottoms... Their might be a white upper with black bottom pair too but not sure.... What is the latest model that Jordan has retroed??? Have they retroed the 15's? I was suprised this year they will retro some 14's in new colorways and classic... I think they might have stopped retro-ing at 14 because that was the last pair he wore before his second retirement, and in most peoples eyes was done for good.. Anyone know the latest or highest number shoe they have retroed???

When the first leaks of the 18 appeared on NT, my initial thought was...

Boring shoe, boring design.

Nothing has changed.

When the first leaks of the 18 appeared on NT, my initial thought was...

Boring shoe, boring design.

Nothing has changed.
They leaked pics of the 18 being retroed? Or you just meant when they first came out? Wish they would leak some photos of some of the shoes for the fall or later in the year shoes... That way I knew what I needed to pick up now and throughout the spring and what I can pass on in favor of some heat in August-December, cause seems like that's when they should/do drop the best kicks since basketball season is beginning to start, heard they will drop the Jordan XXIX I'm the fall this year instead of around this time of the year or summer, that true? Also any pics leaked anywhere people have seen? Cause I wasn't a fan of the 28 at all when I first saw it but then it grew on me, especially the "bamboo" cw.... Wood panel on the all white is just clean!

Yeah that was my favorite colorway that came out! If I remember they only had black and white versions with either blue or red bottoms... Their might be a white upper with black bottom pair too but not sure.... What is the latest model that Jordan has retroed??? Have they retroed the 15's? I was suprised this year they will retro some 14's in new colorways and classic... I think they might have stopped retro-ing at 14 because that was the last pair he wore before his second retirement, and in most peoples eyes was done for good.. Anyone know the latest or highest number shoe they have retroed???

So they have retroed everything up to the 22's??? Really? So they have retroed the 16's, 17's and 18's before?? Or they just randomly retroed the 22's? Honestly after the 18's I don't really know them that well, know the 20 cause it has that ankle strap, and the 19 had that full lace cover that strapped under neath the shoe, which was ugly as hell, until you took off the lace cover and then the shoe wasn't bad! Didn't like the whole covering of the laces jordan did starting with practically the 15 and mainly 16 on up... Cause I feel the same about the 16's don't like the shoe with the lace cover that had a metal button or something, but take that off and the 16's were pretty dope! Think that's why I love the 16 lows... All blacks and especially the white and red 16 low is probably his best shoe over the 13's IMO..

So they have retroed everything up to the 22's??? Really? So they have retroed the 16's, 17's and 18's before?? Or they just randomly retroed the 22's? Honestly after the 18's I don't really know them that well, know the 20 cause it has that ankle strap, and the 19 had that full lace cover that strapped under neath the shoe, which was ugly as hell, until you took off the lace cover and then the shoe wasn't bad! Didn't like the whole covering of the laces jordan did starting with practically the 15 and mainly 16 on up... Cause I feel the same about the 16's don't like the shoe with the lace cover that had a metal button or something, but take that off and the 16's were pretty dope! Think that's why I love the 16 lows... All blacks and especially the white and red 16 low is probably his best shoe over the 13's IMO..

1 - 14 have seen heavy retros.
15 saw 2 colors plus the countdown pack.

1-22 retrod in the sense that they all appeared in the countdown pack from 08.

If that suede were on retros people would complain endlessly about how ashy they are.

And with the non removable shroud they look like band kicks.

Just an overall wack sneaker.

And if you're younger than 28 you look at them with fondness, because it's the sneaker you had in junior high/high school.

If that suede were on retros people would complain endlessly about how ashy they are.

And with the non removable shroud they look like band kicks.

Just an overall wack sneaker.

And if you're younger than 28 you look at them with fondness, because it's the sneaker you had in junior high/high school.
i'm 31 and I still love those. in fact any of the shoe MJ wore during his playing days I'm down with it! including the Wizard days!

the suede on these are way more durable than some of the thin durabucks or nubucks they now produce.

Back
Top Bottom