Don't know how I got into this again....

Originally Posted by superpine

I can't even imagine myself not buying sneakers

I think this is my problem now. I been trying to walk away for a good two years but it's honestly hard. I had a good stretch for like four months last year but since Nov I have picked up 11 pairs of kicks. I'm honestly disappointed in myself.

I've always liked shoes but I put priorities first from 2008- 2010. I bought all the 3's last year minus the flips, concords, some nike retros. This year is the same way as well lol, but it helps to have everything sorted out and money not being an issue.

I had about 100+ kicks and have cut it down to about 60ish pairs. I'm keeping the ones that I consider "grails" and am only buying the Jays I REALLY want.

The thing is, almost every single person I know who has sold the majority of their collection has ended up regretting it. A shoe down the road always brings them back in, and once they cop it, they remember all the shoes they originally had. Once they cop that one pair they end  up re-buying the shoes they once had (and spending more money too).

I think it's hard to stay half in because you can sometimes wish you kept certain shoes that you gave up. I try to stick to my OG colorways with an occasional non retro colorway (Wolf Grey V's).

The KD coppers sucked me back in. Since then: concords x2 Bordeauxs x 1 chicago X's x 1 Cement ivs x 2

Concords pulled me back lol
laugh.gif
.  But that's about it.  Was thinking about buying the Galaxy Foams for my next Nike shoes until I found out how limited it was.

I retired in 2007 whem my last pair were the
Aj1 alphas. I retired because of financial issue
Because i started a family and earned not
Enough to afford my hobby of collecting
Jordans. I returned in 2011 with the
Air jordan 2011, thinking it would be an
Occasionally purchase. But the Aj11 lows,
3 stealth and 10 chicagos followed.
this year the cement grey 4 and olympic 6
Will follow, and somehow also fell in love
With the wolfgrey/volt 2012.

Originally Posted by Ragz2ritchez83

Originally Posted by mrkane

yes...came back with the cool greys, concords and some others in 2011 after about 5 yrs. but fading to black again cause the sheet is ridiculous now.

will always like shoes though...... At sometime you will look at your kicks and say I have enough shoes and i have more important things to save/spend my money on.
Feel you 100%, this is where Im at in the so called shoe game, every since I bought a house 3 years ago. Other priorities just drain the money, it's kind of funny seeing cats on youtube and other outlets sitting in a room with hundreds of shoes boxes around them preaching the gospel of Jordan Brand smh. Its no way in the world I could do it, I jump in and out of this shoes thing whenever a pair comes out that I have always wanted I'll try to snag them up using every method other than standing in line at this point lol It just doesnt have the same feel anymore for me. I almost cant wait to have a couple kids so I can officially bow out of the shoe game and pass it to them...

Same here, bought a house a few yrs ago, and I don't understand how dudes can live in a shoebox with unnecessary pairs of kicks with nothing truly to show for it. Wanna focus more on investing into my home and assets that appreciate at better rate than shoes

you can never really leave the game ..just like mj the great you will still have some tides to it even when you thought you were done it will bring you right back

Originally Posted by Ragz2ritchez83

yes...came back with the cool greys, concords and some others in 2011 after about 5 yrs. but fading to black again cause the sheet is ridiculous now.

will always like shoes though...... At sometime you will look at your kicks and say I have enough shoes and i have more important things to save/spend my money on.
Feel you 100%, this is where Im at in the so called shoe game, every since I bought a house 3 years ago. Other priorities just drain the money, it's kind of funny seeing cats on youtube and other outlets sitting in a room with hundreds of shoes boxes around them preaching the gospel of Jordan Brand smh. Its no way in the world I could do it, I jump in and out of this shoes thing whenever a pair comes out that I have always wanted I'll try to snag them up using every method other than standing in line at this point lol It just doesnt have the same feel anymore for me. I almost cant wait to have a couple kids so I can officially bow out of the shoe game and pass it to them...

Same here, bought a house a few yrs ago, and I don't understand how dudes can live in a shoebox with unnecessary pairs of kicks with nothing truly to show for it. Wanna focus more on investing into my home and assets that appreciate at better rate than shoes
Shoe's are a chump-change investment. Get into a real investment resellers, like gold and business ownership. My goal is to retire early
tongue.gif
, yes sir my wife and I are doing pretty well for ourselves.

I got back in with the concords. I was out for a good 5 years. I am actually trying to sell my collection.

I can never stop buying. I grew up on Nikes and Jordans. Couldn't afford any of them until I got older, but ALWAYS loved shoes.

That video had me rollin'.
Anyway, I find myself in the same situation too. It's funny to see that it's not just me. I retired when the XXIIIs released, and I completed my I - XXIII collection. Then, I did a full-on boycott when the McFly Hyperdunks released, and I realized that this hobby was turning into something only resellers without a regular job can keep up with. It seemed like Nike's releases did not have 9 - 5 workers in mind. It also coincided with me not playing basketball as much, so the interest and use of sneakers lowered also.

Nowadays, I'm playing league and regular pickup games again, so that interest is being fueled on a performance level, and I'm not so concerned with getting everything I want for my collection anymore. Now that I've grown up, I'm ok with being able to land occasional releases that I really want. I lifted the Nike boycott after deciding that overall, Nike is a design-centric company that pushes innovation in this industry, which is something I can admire since I am in the design industry myself.

True Blue IIIs brought me back. 
Then JB caught me again with the Black/Cement III, and the White/Cement IV.
...and I'll be back again for the Military IV.

I'm breaking out. Just sold the first round and I don't see myself buying any Jordans or sneakers in the near future. I may pick up a Lebron here and there if it's a model/version I like, but so far the Lebron IX's are hideous to me. I'm thinking the next two kicks to go on the chopping block could be my Hares and Bordeauxs. Only Jordan on the horizon this year that I'm remotely interested in are the Charcoal VII's, and that is only if they do them in 2002 form with good materials (short cut nubuck/durabuck). Bottom line, my priorities have seriously shifted.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

I'm breaking out. Just sold the first round and I don't see myself buying any Jordans or sneakers in the near future. I may pick up a Lebron here and there if it's a model/version I like, but so far the Lebron IX's are hideous to me. I'm thinking the next two kicks to go on the chopping block could be my Hares and Bordeauxs. Only Jordan on the horizon this year that I'm remotely interested in are the Charcoal VII's, and that is only if they do them in 2002 form with good materials (short cut nubuck/durabuck). Bottom line, my priorities have seriously shifted.

So are you selling the majority of your collection and just keeping a few here and there? It'd be hard for me to get rid of the hares and bordeauxs but pick up the charcoal vii's. Just keeping certain grails? 

Right now I'm thinning out about 1/4 of my collection and all but halting completely acquiring new releases or making any additions at all. I took the Hares and Bordeauxs off the chopping block for now, but I think over time many more including them will be going, until I am left with a select few I esteem highly and consider grails.

Nice man. Yeah I'm down to about 50-60ish pairs. Been trying to narrow it down and keep the ones I consider grails.

Dang down from 250? That's a pretty big drop; mine was like 100+@#* to about 60-70 pairs. You going to rebuy anything you sold? That's always the biggest problem.

Back
Top Bottom