Downtown Philadelphia Food!!!

have all these bookmarked on the yelp app. lol definitely not going to be able to try all of these out, but FOSHO looking forward to it. Thanks again, y'all!

genarros pizza
village whiskey
alla spina
cosmi's deli
green eggs cafe
sabrinas cafe
federal donuts
sole control
PYT
4th street deli
Jim's steaks
lorenzo and son pizza
johns roast pork
del frisco steak house
capogiro gelato
tony luke's
lacroix at the rittenhouse
tommy dinic's
zahav
morimoto
mr martinos trattoria
grace tavern
royal tavern
bassetts ice cream
good dog bar and restaurant
honey's sit and eat
ritas ice water
abakus takeout
barbuzzo
jamonera

^ :lol: Don't know who recommended Rita's Water Ice, but don't go there it's "fake" water ice (people call it "Italian Ice" but in Philly it's called water ice). Hit up either Italiano's on 12th and Shunk, Jimmy's on Front and Wolf, or Pop's on Broad and Oregon. Those are some spots that have real, homemade water ice and are family run, not some big chain who ships their stuff in big vats.

Anyone know of a good sports bar anywhere in Philly? Gonna be up there this weekend for the Ravens/Eagles game and wanna catch the Orioles game somewhere on Friday at 4. Probably going to have to hit up a Buffalo Wild Wings type place unless there's a good local spot that has the MLB package.

Anyone know of a good sports bar anywhere in Philly? Gonna be up there this weekend for the Ravens/Eagles game and wanna catch the Orioles game somewhere on Friday at 4. Probably going to have to hit up a Buffalo Wild Wings type place unless there's a good local spot that has the MLB package.
Can't ever really go wrong with Chickie's and Pete's.  If you're from out of town and plan on trying cheesesteaks, you could go to South Philly Bar & Grill which is right in the middle of Pat's and Geno's.

Last edited:
Chickie's and Pete's on Broad and Packer. Doesn't get any better than that. They're famous for their crab fries but have other great bar food as well.

Thanks guys. I've been to Chickie's and Petes before but totally forgot about it. I did like the crabfries, but they're overrated IMO. I live northeast of Baltimore, so I hit up Philly enough to get cheesesteaks whenever I'm in the mood. I was hoping for a diamond in the rough type of place that had multiple TV's and a unique atmosphere with good food that was its own special thing ( I guess like a crabfries from C&P's).
I'll probably hit them up. I remember them having a really good daily beer special.

- Geno's is really overrated.
- Jim's is good, just don't be out too late because they close at 3.

Whoever mentioned Ishkabibble's down on South St knows what's up...you gotta be real good to compete with Jim's across the street AND have that stupid *** name.

Semi-related: I didn't know Mega Fries were a Philly-only thing!

Back
Top Bottom