DRAKE OR COLE? BETTER FIRST SINGLE TO CREATE HYPE FOR ALBUMS?

I think the Cole song has more longevity, the Drake song is cool, for the moment, but I don't think that's a record that will stand the test of time. I'm already tired of it

Drake song will get more spins and before long "started from the bottom now we here" will be stuck in everyone's heads.

It doesn't matter the quality of the song, but the artist and how much radio play they'll get.

the fact that no one knew that power trip was j.coles first single from his new album...

drake wins this by a mile, i dont like "started from the bottom" but it created so much hype 

what he said.

saw cole and drake sitting next to each other at last night's all-star game

i lovee power trip :smokin :smokin .. cole is awesome to me :smokin

butttttttttttttttttttttttt we're talking about drizzy over here !!! lol :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

" STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE" !!!!

I WEAR EVERY SINGLE CHAIN EVEN WHEN IM IN THE HOUSEEEEEEE :smokin :smokin :smokin

STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE!!!

Man I don't even like Drake but this song is the lick, for real. Plus that stupid *** video of him jumping around :lol: I like both songs tho, but can't front I like Drake's better.

J.Cole need to stop with that ol' "sucka for love" type song. Not in the mood for that. It's getting warm in these streets, cuffing season over brah! :smokin

Power trip is a better song,
i like drake but SFTB doesnt do it for me
But drake is more popular of course so...

Like both. But Drake is a more popular artist so of course he is going to get more spins. But Power Trip sets up Cole to gain some new fans possibly and to have a successful sophomore album.

I don't really mess with drake but love the single. If that's any indication of the album I might actually purchase.

I'm not a fan of either one of them. I do appreciate both though for going out of their element to make the tracks, especially J. Cole who generally makes more or less the same ish.

Both are well written records. I'd rather Power Trip - But SFTB will be gain more exposure.

Started from the Bottom is incredibly corny to me, but these new ****** are extra corny so I'm not surprised it caught on.

Power Trip is alright, Cole was definitely aiming for that "Lotus Flower Bomb" type success with it, don't think he'll get it tho.

Wale's "Bad" is a better song/single than both IMO *flame suit on*

Last edited:
Hard-*** beat, catchy hook and memorable lines. SFTB wins by a mile IMO.

I'm still not really sold on it as a first single, but it's doing well. I rock with it.

Started from the Bottom is incredibly corny to me, but these new ****** are extra corny so I'm not surprised it caught on.

Power Trip is alright, Cole was definitely aiming for that "Lotus Flower Bomb" type success with it, don't think he'll get it tho.

Wale's "Bad" is a better song/single than both IMO *flame suit on*

Does SFTB even have any bars in the song??? 

Sidenote: Went to the club yesterday, and that track did serious work...

I dont like Cole or Drake over one of the other... But I'd have to give the W to STFB... Has way more energy to it, and Drake still ultimaley a bigger powerhouse then J cole is and possibly ever will be....

I like both but Started from the bottom takes it pretty clearly as far as the better 1st single for hype.  Shuts down the club as soon as it drops 
nthat.gif

The radio has played the SFTB song consistently over here. Cole's song isnt even close in terms of airtime

maybe two years ago this would have been a tough debate but as of 2013 till cole drops something its Drake

Hov has to be disappointed..yea I took it there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom