DRAKE @ VCU....

I'm hearing drake got paid 72,000 for his lil 30 minute show last night.. im guessing that there is no way that that figure is correct?? I heard the number was crazy but that can't be true.....

I gain nothing (and lose a lot) going into specifics on here in public.

But that figure is close enough...

#1 rap-actor in the game right now.

Drinks up!

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I gain nothing (and lose a lot) going into specifics on here in public.

But that figure is close enough...

#1 rap-actor in the game right now.

Drinks up!

Damn that is serious money for an artist who does not have an album out. When Drake was at Love the females were on point.

eek.gif
@ those numbers! I wish I could rap...and was light(er) skinned...

^^^I said the same thing bruh..... well eyes of hazel if you got any say in the future concerts, dont blow all that money on one dude like that... why cant we have another TI AND yung joc concert or something like that.. Dudes could have got a couple of people for 70 g's. but i guess drake is what the people want tho....

The thing is man...

UNLIKE clubs and these fly-by-night promoters...

Funds at colleges/universities are GUARANTEED funds, meaning, money is there every single semester, and it must be spent.  Artist are fools if they don't get their college campus hustle on.

People wanted Drake, they got Drake.  *'Ye shoulder shrug*

I've been around since '98.  And, the scene has changed.  Due to Juve coming here, and coming super late and being on stage for 20 min. and leaving (which caused violence, back in 2000), there has been a "close eye" on which afro-american artist are approved to come.  Yeah, I said afro. Lower case letters.

One they got cool again after a few years and heat died down, good ole' Jim Jones and Juelz Santana (when Dip was at their peak) messed it back up. 
eyes.gif

I still think the best concert we had (from behind the scenes with no drama and show wise) was:
-Boot Camp Click in '97... Picture Black Moon, Cocoa Brother, Helter, Fab 5, all together killing it...

-Outkast and Backyard Band at Franklin St. Gym in '98, 3 weeks after Aqumini dropped...

- Roots/John Legend in 2004, right before Legend's first album dropped, and he opened for them.  We literally had to kick Roots off the stage.  Them bammas had Siegal Center ROCKING from 7:00 - 11:30, when he ASKED them to stop because we had to have everyone out at midnight to avoid fines.

Indeed.  But that is Drake. The live show is the foundation.  Dude is nothing but manufactered. 
That is the truth...You don't come into the game as a rookie and play ball with Jordan and Magic.  You have to earn/prove some things; dude is a labortory produced image of what a "rapper" should be.  He's aight though.

Roots/John Legend in 2004, right before Legend's first album dropped, and he opened for them.  We literally had to kick Roots off the stage.  Them bammas had Siegal Center ROCKING from 7:00 - 11:30, when he ASKED them to stop because we had to have everyone out at midnight to avoid fines.
That was a serious show...no joke.  Top three I've ever been to and it was $7. 

^DAMN. LOL

Cut the man some slack. He had no hype man, and he DOESN'T have an album out yet. Can't be mad, the show was for the females. lol

I was in attendance because I didn't pay.

BEST SHOW WHILE IVE BEEN HERE.....

N.E.R.D.

Yes I'm being biased.

Funds at colleges/universities are GUARANTEED funds, meaning, money is there every single semester, and it must be spent. Artist are fools if they don't get their college campus hustle on.

Been saying this for a while. There's a reason why 13 out of 22 of the stops for Drake's Spring tour are on College Campus'. One of which is Towson, so despite the bad hype on his performances I'm still trying to see him perform.

Oh and dkVCU, N.E.R.D's doing Tigerfest in April. Lemme know if you wanna come.

haha i was joking broski. but i was more excited to see breezy than drake.

what's tigerfest? i gotta see me some nerd!

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Indeed.  But that is Drake. The live show is the foundation.  Dude is nothing but manufactered. 
That is the truth...You don't come into the game as a rookie and play ball with Jordan and Magic.  You have to earn/prove some things; dude is a labortory produced image of what a "rapper" should be.  He's aight though.

Roots/John Legend in 2004, right before Legend's first album dropped, and he opened for them.  We literally had to kick Roots off the stage.  Them bammas had Siegal Center ROCKING from 7:00 - 11:30, when he ASKED them to stop because we had to have everyone out at midnight to avoid fines.
That was a serious show...no joke.  Top three I've ever been to and it was $7. 

Drake has been working on his hustle for awhile. No one was showing him any love when Replacement Girl first dropped. To say Drake has not put in any work is foolish.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

TigerFest- Spring festival at Towson University where there's a handful of performers and it's like an all day fiesta.

I will be in the building.  By that time his album would be platinum and he'd have one or two singles out, so it should make for a much better show.

Back
Top Bottom