Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Not keeping any of them I will take take them back to my local store where I know they will sit until a sale. I got three so I knew my size.

Like someone said these will hit the sale rack.

:x Crazy how you fronted $2370 before taxes to find your size lol.. so you gunna return all of them and wait for a sale?

:x Crazy how you fronted $2370 before taxes to find your size lol.. so you gunna return all of them and wait for a sale?

Yes Sir, it got to the point I was buying, returning and then re-ordering. It was very time consuming. So if I'm not sure of my size I just buy a few different sizes.

Houston's cold weather season is spotty, it doesn't stay cold in the winter. So it may not be until Christmas or after New Year until I need a jacket. I would hate to pay retail now when I absolutely dont need it and for it to go on sale before I use it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the super late post. I've been fairly busy lol.
Here's wednesday's fit:
(didn't get a chance to snap today's fit due to the 4th's unwelcomed hangover..so this is all you guys' get :lol: )

Then today, the hat from the TSB contest came in. This was supposed to go to Rob (UNKNWN) but unfortunately, Stetson's sizing is really funny. He told me to order a 7 3/8 when I wear a 7 5/8. Unfortunately, this hat fits exactly like a 5/8. Good Guy Rob told me to just keep the damn thing but best believe I'm gonna hook him up with something! Like I said bro, next pair I find thrifting in an 11 is going directly to you!!
Here's pics of the hat:

I kinda do the same. I try on lots of stuff almost on a weekly basis at Barneys, etc. I know most of the workers by now so they don't even sweat me rambling through the racks. Most times I come out with nothing. It's funny that most of them were sneakerheads at one time or another so we chop it up a lot.

Today:

Anyone get burned with the sizing on the $13.50 Mr. Porter Chuck Taylors?

The site said they were listed in UK sizes. I thought UK size was always 1 down from US sizes? Well on the Converse box labels it shows that UK and US sizes are the same. I remember someone asked about this on here...looks like they were on the right track.

Long story short, I ordered shoes that were one size too small. Oh well, i've got family that will easily take these off my hands. Hope it didn't happen to anyone else.
Sucks, man. Some people think it's .5 size down, but it's really 1 size down like you stated.

Barney's Warehouse really has some incredible sales right now, tons of stuff for 80+% off. I've been thinking about ordering way too much stuff, only negative is that all sale are final.

Anyone get burned with the sizing on the $13.50 Mr. Porter Chuck Taylors?

The site said they were listed in UK sizes. I thought UK size was always 1 down from US sizes? Well on the Converse box labels it shows that UK and US sizes are the same. I remember someone asked about this on here...looks like they were on the right track.

Long story short, I ordered shoes that were one size too small. Oh well, i've got family that will easily take these off my hands. Hope it didn't happen to anyone else.
Sucks, man. Some people think it's .5 size down, but it's really 1 size down like you stated.
I also got burned. But luckily they fit perfect.

Barney's Warehouse really has some incredible sales right now, tons of stuff for 80+% off. I've been thinking about ordering way too much stuff, only negative is that all sale are final.
That's how you accumulate Xmas gifts :lol:

One of my orders is cancelled though. The other one is still pending. It looks like they're really backed up. I usually get the shipping confirmation within one day. With the extra 30% off, they were able to reduce their inventory size by more than half. Before they had 33-34 pages of stuff for men, now it's only about 15. I see a pattern forming given that their actual store is on the last and final markdown.

Today:

Last edited:
Yeah I haven't got a confirmation for my order either. And still haven't got a refund from Jos A Bank. Had to speak with people at Paypal to processes it

That's how you accumulate Xmas gifts :lol:

One of my orders is cancelled though. The other one is still pending. It looks like they're really backed up. I usually get the shipping confirmation within one day. With the extra 30% off, they were able to reduce their inventory size by more than half. Before they had 33-34 pages of stuff for men, now it's only about 15. I see a pattern forming given that their actual store is on the last and final markdown.

Today:

Yea, they have a lot of good stuff.. but I really dont like browsing their web store, it seems very unorganized.. I wish they had more filters, such as by designer, size, price range, etc..

Yea, they have a lot of good stuff.. but I really dont like browsing their web store, it seems very unorganized.. I wish they had more filters, such as by designer, size, price range, etc..
You can browse by designer. Price range....dude it's Barneys :lol: size would be irrelevant because some use s, m, l, and others use 0, 1, 2, etc and the rest use 40, 42, 44 be it for US or IT or EU. And all brand are different, ie I'm usually a small but I take a large in Band of Outsiders.

Last edited:
does anyone know a good place for some nice fitting plaid dress pants? i was just on club monaco's site and they had some nice ones on sale but not in my size unfortunately. looking for somthing with a bit more character than the usual solids

thanks everyone

Beat y'all to the punch...lol

Send them both new measurements, such as how much longer the sleeves need to be, how much more you need in terms of width for both the jacket and vest and how much more in length to add to the jacket.

Send them pictures of how it currently fits so they can see what you mean. Send them pictures of a jacket that you have that you like how it fits so they can see what you want. There should be little to no pulling on the jacket in the midsection or little to no "X" when you button it.

How are the trousers? I had to get my jacket remade, the shoulders were to wide the jacket itself was too wide, did exactly what I outlined above and they got it right the 2nd time.
there were too many pictures to upload -- so i had to put on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bforbernard/sets/72157634519135456/

some notes:

- first tailored suit ever.
- i feel like the top back of the jacket is too tight.

- i also feel like the torso of the jacket is too tight -- slight x when buttoned.
- are the jacket sleeves too short?
- shouldn't more of my vest be showing above the top button of my jacket?

- is the length of the jacket too short?

- i feel like the pants are fine, though.
i know the suit isn't pressed -- but i tried it on right out of the box.

shouldn't i give myself some growing room as well? i hit the gym pretty frequently and i'm getting a little bigger.

i just feel like if my shirt isn't tailored.. it would make everything feel tighter, especially when wearing the vest.. no wiggle room.

my apologies for not wearing a tie.

AYE! To all those mirin that damn glenplaid suit I copped from express, check your store out now!! Jacket online is listed at $139 and pants for $64. I'd call local stores and ask if they have your sizes in stock being that the pants are only limited to those who can fit a 28 or 29 waist.

http://www.express.com/catalog/product_detail.jsp?productId=4371014&categoryId=cat320033
http://www.express.com/clothing/glen+plaid+photographer+suit+pant/pro/3271016/cat320034
Make sure to get photographer fit btw

This total is $203. With promo code 1460, the suit will get knocked down to $153
Here's the coupon to take to the store:
http://www.express.com/cdn/assets/cms/coupons/07/coupon-us-1461-home.pdf

Definitely worth copping fellas. I ended up shortening sleeves $25, tapering and hemming pants $30, and suppressing the midsection $65(wasn't very necessary though). If you just did the first two, you would drop right around $200 for everything.
:pimp:

I might actually end up ordering the waist coat now since its only $50 lol

Last edited:
Never mind then guys, the only way the will honor the code along with the discounted price is online. Your only chance on copping the suit for $153 is to purchase online, then go to stores and exchange in your size. Make sure the store has it in stock though first. Don't want anyone to get burned.

I ended up copping the vest online (went to store to try on with the jacket to make sure it was a matching print and fit good being that I suppressed the waist) some dusty green chinos and red chinos for my friend. With code 1456 everything came out to $67 shipped. My order will only be $52 since my boy is kicking me back $15 for his pants. Here's how the vest looked with my jacket on:

@ Pinoy is the suit itself slim fit?
Every time I have ever worn it prior to this pic and the last one before it (when I got it back from the tailor) no other suppression was made except a taper on the pants. The 30x30 I purchased, had an 8" opening. I shortened the trousers to a 28" inseam and a 7" opening. The reason for taking in the midsection was due to me being picky and finally having some money to have it done. The way it fits OTR is perfectly fine for most though.

For those who ordered from Barneys during the extra 30% off, have your items shipped? Mine just did. I'm really eager to get the stuff because I wanna see what color they are :lol:

Item one: on the website, it shows a gray peacoat. However, this is the description in the shipping email.

NAVY DB DOUBLE TWILL 2 PATCH FLAP 97WL/3
PRINGLE SMALL GREY

Item two: on the website, it shows a blue trouser. However, this is in the description in the shipping email.

PETROL SLIM LEG 1/4 TOP CORDO PANT
CARVEN 42 DK. GREEN

I don't recall seeing those colors mentioned prior to checking out so we will see.

Quick pic from my wedding, I was terribly sick throughout the day. This is the navy photographer suit from express.

Back
Top Bottom