Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I just recently bought some Ferragamos from Barneys, and there is some ripping at the seems, will nordstroms charge me to fix them?

Why would Nordstrom fix it for free if you bought it somewhere else? Return or exchange it at Barneys.

Why would Nordstrom fix it for free if you bought it somewhere else? Return or exchange it at Barneys.
I heard they don't need receipts? And I don't live by a barneys. Regardless, how much does shoe repair usually cost for a seem rip? 

Is GATs the brand, or type of shoe?

In any case, thanks for the reply. Repped!

Margiela is the brand. Be prepared to spend $300+ though. The quality is worth it though. These days while brands like Nike make their $160+ shoes out of plastic, $300 real leather shoes that look good after many wears are better options. I have a pair in blue that still looks near brand new after wearing them 20+ times, but I can't say the same about some of my Air Maxes a few years back that looked like a 400 pound person had been wearing them after a handful of wears :lol: :smh:

If I were to get GATs I would definitely go with MMM but I would also wait for a sale. If you're in the market for some GAT's remember that you aren't limited to designer and there are some cheaper options!

edit: Just in case any of you guys are looking at that H&M Duffle Jacket that was posted here, it's not that bad for the price. Saw it in person a few weeks ago and it seems like H&M puts more care into making their jackets/coats in comparison to their other clothing.

Also, some good stuff here bros: Reddit's "Best of"

Last edited:
I heard they don't need receipts? And I don't live by a barneys. Regardless, how much does shoe repair usually cost for a seem rip? 

I have not really heard that, I am only able to do that because I use a Nordstrom card and I know the sales rep but I don't even think Nordstrom repairs shoes anymore, if bought from any of their store they'd just give you a new one or take the return if they do not have it in stock anymore.

As for the repair cost, just go to a regular cobbler in your area. It's really hard to determine price because we can't see the extent of the damage and price could vary from place to place.

Bought this Lanvin blazer, apparently it's vintage idk much about the history of the company but I like this and it seems to fit really nice. Only thing is I need to get the sleeves lengthened. How much should I tell the tailor, an inch, half an inch?

And here's the label, if any of y'all are historians maybe you can tell me around what year this was? There's also a Neiman Marcus tag if that helps any

Last edited:
Bought this Lanvin blazer, apparently it's vintage idk much about the history of the company but I like this and it seems to fit really nice. Only thing is I need to get the sleeves lengthened. How much should I tell the tailor, an inch, half an inch?

For what it's worth, your dress shirt sleeves are a bit too short too. That can play a factor in tailoring your jackets sleeves.

It can be worn as is for a fashion forward look I think. For more trad look my jackets cover my wrist bones but barely.

Nice pickup Wes. I think 1 inch would be best for the sleeves, I think half an inch would still be a little short but I'm not 100% sure. Hard to tell with just pics

For what it's worth, your dress shirt sleeves are a bit too short too. That can play a factor in tailoring your jackets sleeves.

It can be worn as is for a fashion forward look I think. For more trad look my jackets cover my wrist bones but barely.

It's actually just an oxford I got from JCP so not too concerned with the sleeves on that shirt. and yeah I should wear an actual dress shirt whenever I do take it to the tailor

Nice pickup Wes. I think 1 inch would be best for the sleeves, I think half an inch would still be a little short but I'm not 100% sure. Hard to tell with just pics

I'm thinking an inch too.

It's actually just an oxford I got from JCP so not too concerned with the sleeves on that shirt. and yeah I should wear an actual dress shirt whenever I do take it to the tailor

+1 on the I inch. Anything else and you'd probably still be unsatisfied.

I have a question about the AE Seconds list. Do they only do full sizes? I asked for a 10.5 and 11 and they sent me 10 and 11. This happened last time too which is why I'm curious?

+1 on the I inch. Anything else and you'd probably still be unsatisfied.

I have a question about the AE Seconds list. Do they only do full sizes? I asked for a 10.5 and 11 and they sent me 10 and 11. This happened last time too which is why I'm curious?
I can forward you the 10.5 list they sent me Mych. PM the email bro

Adding to what Adrian had said, from what I've heard from numerous people (Mostly you guys :lol: ) AE seconds are usually good quality and if they are lacking in quality it's definitely not noticeable. I don't personally own a pair of AE's but if I was planning on buying some I would definitely look at the seconds list before anything else.

@Chopper I agree. 1 inch should be enough but I also don't think it would hurt to maybe add a bit more length. I would ask your tailor before you do anything, Wes.

Wore these today:

Wish they were a were a bit more comfortable, they'd see a lot more wear |I

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new pair of Brown Boots .... $200-$300 Range, any suggestion? I'm looking at some wolverine 1000 miles & Red Wings

Yesterday and today for work, still only have minimal clothes with me since I'm still in the process of moving from my apt at school to the DC area gonna finish up this weekend...thats the Corneliani tie I found at the thrift store earlier this week

Back
Top Bottom