Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I have too much shoes in rotation to give a valid answer to that question. Quality is much better on the Jordan retroes so I say multiply the amount of wear you get from those by about 10-15?

There was a guy that used to sell German army trainers for cheap (not MMM) I'm not sure if dude is still doing it though

Keep in mind that ~$300 is sale price though, not retail. Retail is close to $500.

Look-wise, I prefer Lanvin patent toe, though not as comfortable as Margielas.

I buy all my designer shoes from overseas, where the shoes tend to be cheaper. Luisaviaroma.com and Farfetch.com always have great deals

Yea, Lanvins are great look-wise. I always get compliments from women when I wear them. The price and suede keeps me from wearing them that often though :lol: Already kinda messed up one of my pairs cause some girl threw up on the floor at a party I was at, and I didn't notice the vomit splash stains on parts of my shoes until a week later :x Got it out but now patches of my shoe are different shades

Last edited:
Peninsula Tailors, over by the Four Seasons. I've heard Raja's is good too but never been. Peninsula Tailors made me two suits already and I like the fit (although they put a heavy lining in a linen suit smh which I have to get removed). Prices are reasonable and they do a quick turnaround which is important since I don't live in BKK.

You're Thai right? Any good recommendations?
Sorry, man. I wouldn't know. I only go back once in a blue moon to see family and network with some folks. You sound like you got the right idea. I check out the country's fashion mags often to see what they wear out there and sometimes I have to smh.

Is GATs the brand, or type of shoe?

In any case, thanks for the reply. Repped!
It's a style of shoe like RFX mentioned. Many brands make them.

GAT = German Army Trainers

Margiela is the brand. Be prepared to spend $300+ though. The quality is worth it though. These days while brands like Nike make their $160+ shoes out of plastic, $300 real leather shoes that look good after many wears are better options. I have a pair in blue that still looks near brand new after wearing them 20+ times, but I can't say the same about some of my Air Maxes a few years back that looked like a 400 pound person had been wearing them after a handful of wears :lol: :smh:
Margiela is only one of the brands. If you look at the insole on Margielas GATs, it'll say something like replica of 1960s GATs.

:x

How many years are you getting out of them?

I have too much shoes in rotation to give a valid answer to that question. Quality is much better on the Jordan retroes so I say multiply the amount of wear you get from those by about 10-15?
Quality is def a nice nicer than your typical sneakers. My pairs are still going strong after 2+ years albeit I don't ball in them.

If you want something cheap, I would look at Adidas Samba or Stan Smith.

BTW, it's funny that someone asks for recommendations for something but doesn't give a price range and then reacts when something relatively high-price is posted...and then we have people who come in here and take shots at how cheaper options are usually suggested.

Last edited:
flyknitlvr = unknwn?

I'm not eem gonna say it bro :lol: :lol:

Is that Justin Timberlake?

:smh:

Last edited:
For those wanting the email list for AE outlets, here you go:

Allen Edmonds

*Contact for factory seconds, outlet locations*

ShoeBank in Port Washington, WI (262-284-7158, [email protected])

-ShoeBank 2 in Brookfield, WI (262-785-6666, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Mebane, NC (919-563-2446, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Jeffersonville, OH (740-948-9033, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Charleston, SC (843-747-4002, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Riverhead, NY (631-369-0947, [email protected])

-The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds, AL (205-699-6566, [email protected])

-Outlet in Freeport, ME (207-865-6222, [email protected])

-Silver Sands Outlets in Destin, FL (850-654-4790, [email protected])

Quality is def a nice nicer than your typical sneakers. My pairs are still going strong after 2+ years albeit I don't ball in them.

Or these joints from J Crew. $80.
2vxofx1.jpg

Or these joints from J Crew. $80.
2vxofx1.jpg

Ohh I like those. The Samba's are nice too, might get a pair in Burgundy.

I'm a 9.5 though, which translates to 42.5 in EU sizing. Any idea how the Sawa's fit?

Last edited:
I just recently bought some Ferragamos from Barneys, and there is some ripping at the seems, will nordstroms charge me to fix them?

Back
Top Bottom