Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What do you guys think of colorblocked oxfords? W+H put these ones out... debating buying the burgundy.

Really like both of those

Haven't tried but the upper feels like it can tear very easily. Maybe im wrong :\

I think you are. I've had a pair for a year and a half from when they first dropped (Calpysos) and haven't had any issues. I wouldn't run in them but they're great casually and definitely a good casual sneaker for the $70 retail.
What do you guys think of colorblocked oxfords? W+H put these ones out... debating buying the burgundy.

I'm a fan. I have one that's just white & light blue oxford that I got a while ago that I got because it was different and more interesting than just your traditional oxford.

I also have this which is a combination of a white oxford & a grey bengal stripe which I got from ASOS for cheap. Quality is actually pretty decent and I've gotten a bunch of compliments on it every time I've worn it and some people asking where I got it. It's slim and fits me really well.

I generally like items that are a different take on traditonal. I don't wear much that's really out there but I get bored with ordinary things.

Eh to each their own. I appreciate the aesthetic of the shoe but I don't really wear sneakers unless its to the gym. I'd rather put the money to a suit or some deep discounted AE's word to Carlin :lol:
To each their own though. Proceed brothers :smokin

Wes, you need to buy a pair of Flyknits. I didnt think anything beat the comfort of Roshes but I was dead wrong

Last edited:
My zanerobe sure shots came in last week will have to post pics...have a feeling i am going to own a lot of joggers this fall winter

Flyknits >>>>>>>

And they can be somewhat dressed up

Somewhat dressed up? In what sense?

I have two pairs, the white/black Trainer & wolf grey Flyknit One+ and I'd definitely recommend them. Very comfortable, good to either run/workout in or wear casually.

Dress up as in it can be rocked with a sport shirt and chino. It really go any further than that though, it'll be pushing it past it.

Somewhat dressed up? In what sense?

I have two pairs, the white/black Trainer & wolf grey Flyknit One+ and I'd definitely recommend them. Very comfortable, good to either run/workout in or wear casually.
Agreed on working out. I stocked up on the Lunars myself.

I find the Lunars to be too bulky, but then again I'm coming from Racers so anything is going to be bulky.

On the topic of Lunars, as bulky as they might be, I have been going back and forth all week with regards to ordering the navy multis. They look so damn good in this photo but I must resist (I've worn my 2 Lunars maybe 5 times tops)...

The Racers are too low for me. Tried them on at NTLA and knew I wouldn't like it. I'm probably 100 miles into my lunars now and still digging them. Holds up fine at fast speeds.

I don't necessarily think they're bulky but I'd tend more towards working out with the Lunars, I also think they're a little more comfortable. The midsole on the Trainers and pattern of the upper makes them a little more aesthetically pleasing IMO. I hadn't seen that blue multi but they look good too.

A sport shirt & chinos with Flyknits is fine to me, I wouldn't do much more than that either but I don't consider that even somewhat dressed up. That comment made me think of going to something as simple as a nice dinner or the like and I couldn't get down with wearing Flyknits.

I think there are a lot of runners that look good with casual clothes. Stuff like AM 1's and newer stuff like frees and flyknits.

Flyknits are nice but really expensive for a shoe that is basically a one piece upper. I'll try a pair when there's a sale.

I think there are a lot of runners that look good with casual clothes. Stuff like AM 1's and newer stuff like frees and flyknits.

Flyknits are nice but really expensive for a shoe that is basically a one piece upper. I'll try a pair when there's a sale.
Me and Iron Man were talking about this. All non retro Nikes are now plastic and woven materials. Very cheap stuff yet prices keep increasing. No other brand quite like Nike that has folks killing each other to pay retail.

Flyknit is actually an innovation in itself. IIRC, the machine that makes the knits, only like 2 or 3 exist and it cost millions to design and make so they have to make their money back after spending resources for the years of research and innovations. It is ligh because it uses less materials while providing good quality, flyknits are surprisingly durable for what it is. There is the less is more philosophy and sometimes it works. Like the Hyperfeel for example, it uses about 7 materials overall in comparison to the Pegasus that require 38-40 separate components. Yeah it cost more and you get less but to put it all together and make it work and still be comfortable and functional and wearable just like those that has more materials, there are some innovations in there.

Of course Nike will try to rob you as much as they can but you also have to keep in mind that they pay our favorite athletes to wear these and to get exposure. At the end of the day, it is still business. If you were in their shoes, you would do the same thing.

Nike has been infamous for their running shoes and they are finally making strides to get better and I personally love it. At the end of the day, if people still line up and shoot each other to get their hands on crappy retroes, then it is hard to blame Nike for it as that is their cash cow and people aren't really going to stop anytime soon.

Wes, you need to buy a pair of Flyknits. I didnt think anything beat the comfort of Roshes but I was dead wrong

Yeah, I'm going to eventually. Just waiting on a nice sale.

Rfx, I remember a while back you posted a pair of moto pants. What were those again?

Back
Top Bottom