Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I was just in there today all the JCP stuff is gone or on the super clearance rack for like 5-20 bucks. And St Johns Bay has a new section with trendier looking stuff, even say some straight fit cargos while most of there stuff is usually dad gear.

did you spot a baseball jacket? Might run by there tonight if it's on sale

nvm found it online, this one is on sale from 75 to 44.99...part of me feels like it'll drop even more

and this one is from 200 to 119

Last edited:

nvm found it online, this one is on sale from 75 to 44.99...part of me feels like it'll drop even more

I saw it 2 weeks ago but when I went today I didnt see any of the Fall JCP stuff. They could have sent it back to the warehouse.

I was just in there today all the JCP stuff is gone or on the super clearance rack for like 5-20 bucks. And St Johns Bay has a new section with trendier looking stuff, even say some straight fit cargos while most of there stuff is usually dad gear.
JCP stuff been on clearance for the most part since June. 9 dollar sweaters Bruh

Completely agree with the reasons you gave and I think this can also apply to education. In NYC you are pretty much required to have a Masters to teach. The only reason to go even higher than that; as I did, is for a salary increase.
i honestly dont know how teachers do it. Back in HS, half the science department got Ph. D's and the other half were in the process of getting one. To do all those years of schooling and the salary increase isn't even that much tbh

You can use the Find Item In Store option to check first, maybe even call to confirm and check the price if you want.

Last edited:
i honestly dont know how teachers do it. Back in HS, half the science department got Ph. D's and the other half were in the process of getting one. To do all those years of schooling and the salary increase isn't even that much tbh

The pay increase also depends on where you live. In NY it's very good. I work at a charter school and we are paid 24% above the NYC department of Ed schools. Plus out jump from bachelors to MA is about 5k more a year, from 1 MA to 2, it's a $7000-8000 a year bump. More than anything though teaching is a calling and not everyone can do it or do it well. It's rewarding as hell and that's why I personally do it. Yes it helps that the pay is pretty good.

Teaching is definitely a profession of love. The new teachers at LAUSD are hired on a yearly basis since they have no seniority. Pretty scary.

High school teachers with phD? Where they do that at

Teaching is definitely a profession of love. The new teachers at LAUSD are hired on a yearly basis since they have no seniority. Pretty scary.

You mean no tenure? That's how it should be. We work on a yearly contract as well. Tenure fosters complacency and makes it impossible to get rid of teachers who turn their classrooms into cineplexes.

They can blame my school organization for that, we championed that movement lol

I went to a pretty good highschool and none of my teachers had their doctorate. The only staff member other than the principle and a handful of others who I'm sure I'm forgetting was the librarian.

The librarian.

Once I'm in a comfortable position and I'm semi-retired and for sure plan on teaching. But as a primary source of my income - never. It's a shame, too.. educators deserve to be paid well.

You mean no tenure? That's how it should be. We work on a yearly contract as well. Tenure fosters complacency and makes it impossible to get rid of teachers who turn their classrooms into cineplexes.

They can blame my school organization for that, we championed that movement lol
Correct.

This would deter people from going into the field I think. I tried to link up with my teachers I've had to give my thanks but they've retired :frown:

High school teachers with phD? Where they do that at
I went to Stuyvesant

I went to a pretty good highschool and none of my teachers had their doctorate. The only staff member other than the principle and a handful of others who I'm sure I'm forgetting was the librarian.

The librarian.

:x

Are you sure?

I haven't followed since I left LAUSD (*wasn't a teacher, just worked after school programs in college, pay was solid), I thought teachers unions had major pull? I know some LAUSD high schools have become charter schools and teachers in those schools lost tenure. However, schools that are not charter still have the old tenure system in place due to the union compromising.

Anyway, teachers are still poorly compensated, and that has to do more with society than with "the system". As a society we place more value in entertainment than we do in scholastics.

That being said, with a higher salary comes more responsibility and we can't have these teachers that have become teachers just to have a steady paycheck. Coming up via LAUSD/Inner City schools I had many teachers that didn't care. It wasn't until I got into Honors and AP classes that I was thought by teachers that actually cared about their profession and the students they taught.

^yeah, talked to a few friends of a coworker about this. They're young into the field too.

This isn't even DB anymore :lol: :$

^yeah, talked to a few friends of a coworker about this. They're young into the field too.

This isn't even DB anymore :lol: :$

This is the fake DB thread. You can find the real one at this web address: http://www.styleforum.net/

@SoleAsian My bad man. :lol: I'll blame it on the typing while walking/iPhone combo. :\

Last edited:
:lol: at the fake db thread...he's gonna get wayyyyy more contentious responses on style forum. Some of those guys would in all seriousness see a pic of beyonce and point out the slope of the back of her dress was disproportionate to her hip/waist ratio and call her ugly :lol:

Going to a wedding in Hawaii next month, attire is "beach formal". Any suggestions on what to wear?

Back
Top Bottom