Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i looked at the measurements for the order that shipped for me and they do not look like the same measurements i gave them :x . suits coming in next week, hoping for the best. 75 might not be enough to tailor the shirt and the suit if its way off

Contact them about it ASAP. Worse case they'll have to remake it for you. However if you catch it early enough they might be able to stop production and redo it for you.

Clarks threw a commando sole on their DB and called it the Desert Trooper. Thinking about picking up a pair for winter, black or brown?

shoes_iaec1323514.jpg

^If I had to pick one, I'd go with black. However, for a winter boot I'd opt for something more substantial. Desert boots are flimsy since they are suppose to be breathable for the hot ambiance.

^If I had to pick one, I'd go with black. However, for a winter boot I'd opt for something more substantial. Desert boots are flimsy since they are suppose to be breathable for the hot ambiance.

Thanks. I have a few pairs of winter boots already, Red Wing moc toes, Polo Rangers, and Bean Boots. I've been wearing my Clarks DBs a lot lately and I really like the shape of the toe so I figured I would pick these up for when the weather starts transitioning. Maybe if I threw on a pair of wool hiking socks they will be ok for those warmer winter days?

Thanks. I have a few pairs of winter boots already, Red Wing moc toes, Polo Rangers, and Bean Boots. I've been wearing my Clarks DBs a lot lately and I really like the shape of the toe so I figured I would pick these up for when the weather starts transitioning. Maybe if I threw on a pair of wool hiking socks they will be ok for those warmer winter days?
If you plan on doing this, you should probably size up .5 for the shoes.

You should be fine for the most part unless you live in an area with extreme winter condition, like Boston or Chicago.

Regarding the challenge thing, I have to agree with Wisith. Alone, 3-4 of the options suggested I would not be able to participate in due to the fact that I work in an environment where I can't wear a fitted, camp, etc. I'm down with the challenge portion though, definitely would be fun.

I think most of us misinterpreted by thinking that fitted hats being worn with a dress shirt with tie, and such. With clarification, the majority stated it can definitely be worked into a wardrobe.

While i believe fitteds can be worked into a nice fit. Not all fitteds are created equal. Yankees is the most versatile IMO. I can give leeway to wearing some of the crazy color teams if its your hometeam.

Last edited:
For the guy looking for the shawl toggle sweater I just left the gap and saw this.

:smokin thank you Griz! That's pretty much the same thing as the one I saw, do you happen to know the price on that? I'm gonna check the site. Repped

And I think that theme/challenge thing would be kinda cool...I'm still a senior so I have a lot more liberty in what I can wear diff days....just probably don't have enough clothes options like some of the older working folks :lol:

For the guy looking for the shawl toggle sweater I just left the gap and saw this.

:smokin thank you Griz! That's pretty much the same thing as the one I saw, do you happen to know the price on that? I'm gonna check the site. Repped

And I think that theme/challenge thing would be kinda cool...I'm still a senior so I have a lot more liberty in what I can wear diff days....just probably don't have enough clothes options like some of the older working folks :lol:
$69.95

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51260&vid=1&pid=239627&scid=239627012

HONESTLY... ITS 2012..IM NOT PAYING 225$ FOR SOME SILLY AS FOAMPOSITES..I WILL JJUST ADD A EXTRA HUNDO OR 2 N GET SOME Y-3 SNEAKERS

QUALITY IN JORDANS R HORRIBLE AND HOOD GIRLS MAKE ME SICK OF THEM

I think most of us misinterpreted by thinking that fitted hats being worn with a dress shirt with tie, and such. With clarification, the majority stated it can definitely be worked into a wardrobe.

Regarding the challenge thing, I have to agree with Wisith. Alone, 3-4 of the options suggested I would not be able to participate in due to the fact that I work in an environment where I can't wear a fitted, camp, etc. I'm down with the challenge portion though, definitely would be fun.

While i believe fitteds can be worked into a nice fit. Not all fitteds are created equal. Yankees is the most versatile IMO. I cant give leeway to wearing some of the crazy color teams if its your hometeam.

Perfect. The idea is to answer the challenges to questions posed in this thread.

For example, poster says only casual dressing better fit can be pulled off w a fitted its a classic yankee.

My goal is for posters in here to say yes and post pics of their own fit or no, a poster post a fit of a another fitted.

There are alot of possibilities we can explore into making sure this thread thrives and grows. as with our sense of dressing and fashion, as should our thread also evolve

decided to pull the trigger on this J. Crew x Wallace & Barnes Jacket

hopefully this plus some layering will keep me warm for this winter. 

channeling my inner steezy 

Opinion on AE Park Ave vs AE Fifth Ave?

Park Ave seems to be a lot more popular but they look pretty similar. Is there a reason why Fifth is like $60 cheaper for the AE sale?

The Gap at the Grove in Los Angeles has a very healthy selection of the GQ collabs if anyone is nearby and interested. Also good to see they're opening a J. Crew Men's there.

Opinion on AE Park Ave vs AE Fifth Ave?

Park Ave seems to be a lot more popular but they look pretty similar. Is there a reason why Fifth is like $60 cheaper for the AE sale?
I don't have AEs, but I know they have different lasts too, ie 5, 6. Just be careful when choosing the model you want. You may need to go down/up .5 to obtain a proper fit based on the last.

Interested to see how the challenge fairs out to be, Serg if we are able to participate due to our careers.

The weekend...

8040986933_5c08a6c2ba_b.jpg

Got those chinos tailored a lil while ago lol (the upper image is the closest color to the denim shirt- but lighting was playing games).

8040986239_18f778f14f_b.jpg

I'm going to find a tripod sometime soon, to fix this angle situation.

Last edited:
decided to pull the trigger on this J. Crew x Wallace & Barnes Jacket

hopefully this plus some layering will keep me warm for this winter. 

channeling my inner steezy 
Nice looking crib! Jacket looks nice too, especially the colors.

Speaking of W&B, I know we had a debate about this earlier in the week. I saw the camo shirt and the pin dot shirt today in person and quality was so not worth the $130ish tag. Even at half off, I'm stiff iffy about it.

This is as close to lounge wear as I do, except when I wear sweat pants to sleep or on the airplane.

A super soft and slouchy t shirt:

http://wisith.tumblr.com/image/32623629605

Back
Top Bottom