Dressing Better Vol 2.0

DB bros, I would love to dress better daily, but I can't kick the fitted hats.
I know the only thing worse than a grown man wearing a fitted hat everyday,
is trying to dress it up. Any advice on dressing better headwear? Thanks.

I graduated from wearing fitteds to more distressed vintage baseball caps, a lot of hat stores carry these nowadays, easier to dress up a bit, you can't really dress up most hats much, specially anything similar to a fitted, but I feel you can push the envelop more with "vintage" caps, Jcrew is big on these, they have some wool ones with adjustable leather straps, pretty neat.

7896821628_759f193824_b.jpg

Dude, there is nothing wrong with wearing a fitted each day. If thats your style, keep doing it. Dressing better is honestly imo finding what works best for you. Don't sit here and try to force yourself to change or look stupid mixing your hood fashion with what you THINK other people THINK is dressing better.

Wear whatever you like. Dressing better is just finding what works best for you. Some of these outfits dudes be posting here don't look good on me and its fine. I found my way to dressing better and feel comfortable and I still present myself with a mature look. Forget the Jones, be you bro.

Sorry for the rant, just hate that it seems NTers general idea of "Dressing Better" is to ignore your urban fashion and start dressing like a GQ model or some dude from chic dude from Brooklyn.

Dude, there is nothing wrong with wearing a fitted each day. If thats your style, keep doing it. Dressing better is honestly imo finding what works best for you. Don't sit here and try to force yourself to change or look stupid mixing your hood fashion with what you THINK other people THINK is dressing better.

Wear whatever you like. Dressing better is just finding what works best for you. Some of these outfits dudes be posting here don't look good on me and its fine. I found my way to dressing better and feel comfortable and I still present myself with a mature look. Forget the Jones, be you bro.

Sorry for the rant, just hate that it seems NTers general idea of "Dressing Better" is to ignore your urban fashion and start dressing like a GQ model or some dude from chic dude from Brooklyn.

I second this. Not everything in this thread looks good on everyone. Its ok to pick and choose items that will work for you.

Thanks for the feedback bros. I will have to try out a few looks. @ksteezy I wear a 7 7/8 size fitted,
the style you have pictured there never look good on me. @obina, I agree with what you're saying. I am
I will hopefully be in a doctorate program soon and I'd like to carry myself in a more professional manor.
I don't look to this thread to try to look Like a gq model, it's more for inspiration from seeing everyday fits.
More than anything I've noticed since being here is that it's mostly about the way the clothes fit; fitteds don't fit the fit.
With all that being said, I will always have a Yankee fitted for a rainy day.

The hell are you talking about? :rofl:

When switching up your style, sometimes you just have to give yourself time....at first you may not feel comfortable or think you look good, but chances are you are not used to it as it actually does look good

The hell are you talking about?
roll.gif
Please take your time and read what was written. I'll give a cliff note to help you out a little.

*Dress how you feel best. If you like wearing fitted hats everyday, wear a fitted everyday.

*Not saying to not try new styles, but don't force yourself to dress in a manner in which you feel pressured to do

*IMO Dressing better is just finding what works best for you.

Damb, you really gonna need God's help Steezy...

When I have a kid, I know they bout to play kickball and get dirty at school...I aint tryna spend an arm and a leg on that much.

Payless shoes and target clothes, tops :lol: (That is, of course if I find good deals on certain clothes).

Damb, you really gonna need God's help Steezy...
When I have a kid, I know they bout to play kickball and get dirty at school...I aint tryna spend an arm and a leg on that much.
Payless shoes and target clothes, tops
laugh.gif
(That is, of course if I find good deals on certain clothes).
Don't forget Gap and kohls!!!

I'll never understand why people spend so much on kids clothing when they seriously outgrow everything fast. Like its so funny when I see parents buying their babies Jordans, SOMETIMES THE DAMN BABY AINT EVEN WALKING YET!!!!.

And Steezy, I'll simplify it for you, To conform all the time to what a group thinks is best. Dress how you want. Fitteds everyday is fine if thats what you like.

I think fitted caps can be "dressed better". You can definitely wear them but muted colors are best. Think Yankees or Red Sox. You can't wear multi colored caps or be too matchy matchy. If you get what I am saying.

On other news, God have mercy on my wallet when I have a kid
You and me both, man. Lil' man is going to walk into Pre school with that Merci song in the background playing :lol:

Fitted caps can be worked into a wardrobe definitely, but the vibe I got was for outfits with tie, dress trousers, etc. Unless you're Russell Simmons then :lol:

A simple hoody or sweater, normal fitted cap (nothing crazy in colors), jeans, and simple sneaks like Chucks will be stellar.

Last edited:
Obina, there are still guidelines....just because you feel great in a 3xl tall tee does not mean you are "dressing better" in the same toll, wearing a new era fitted with a buttondowns and some chinos does not look presentable no matter how much comfort that hat brings him.

On other news, God have mercy on my wallet when I have a kid
You and me both, man. Lil' man is going to walk into Pre school with that Merci song in the background playing :lol:

Fitted caps can be worked into a wardrobe definitely, but the vibe I got was for outfits with tie, dress trousers, etc. Unless you're Russell Simmons then :lol:

A simple hoody or sweater, normal fitted cap (nothing crazy in colors), jeans, and simple sneaks like Chucks will be stellar.
Exactly. You must know your setting as well. Fitteds should not be worn with suits unless you are being drafted.

okay guys. I wanted to sugest this and perhaps get everyone bit more active.

a la blogs and social networks.

how about we do photo challenges or themes.

May I suggest Dressing Better with New Era fitted as challenge 1????

Yes i am very serious. its different and adds some variety to the thread

Cool So Let's go for it I'll make the themes if it's cool

Sunday- Fitted caps

Monday- Dressing better w/ sportswear

Tuesday- Camo in an untraditional manner

Wednesday- Fall ensembles- emphasis on texture and colors

Thursday- High/Low (lemme know if you guys get what I mean

Friday- The art of causal friday

Saturday- weekend warrior aka lounge wear.

Cool So Let's go for it I'll make the themes if it's cool
Sunday- Fitted caps
Monday- Dressing better w/ sportswear
Tuesday- Camo in an untraditional manner
Wednesday- Fall ensembles- emphasis on texture and colors
Thursday- High/Low (lemme know if you guys get what I mean
Friday- The art of causal friday
Saturday- weekend warrior aka lounge wear.
Good idea, horrible lay out. If you want to make challenges, you need to follow the guideline from the MC corner on SF and allow more time. With this set up, I'll be surprised if you have more than 2-3 participants. We already only have a handful of posters who post their own pictures. With the addition of these rules, the filtering just became more aggressive.

I have a pretty healthy wardrobe compared to the average man, and I take daily outfit pictures, but I can't even participate in some of these contests. I just use myself for the sake of making a point BTW.

Sunday: No fitted caps.
Monday: I work in a corporate setting so can't wear sportswear to work, not that I wear sportswear outside of the gym in the first place.
Tuesday: I work in a corporate setting so can't wear camo unless it's on Friday.
Wednesday: Fall is limited to Wednesday?
Thursday: No idea what high/low is.
Friday: Casual Friday..how is this different than Monday or Tuesday?
Saturday: This works I guess, but you need to clarify loungewear....you're talking about drop crotch sweat pants and loose fitting t shirt?

A better idea would be to have a bi monthly contest and have a theme that is more lax. "Element of grays", "utilizing wool/tweed" or something where everyone or most folks can join in.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
I'm 26 years old, my bro. I post in this thread because I thoroughly enjoy it. I would've cared about reps back in 2005 when I was still on Clubrsx
laugh.gif
Thanks though!
smokin.gif
jesus! you're only 26. ah, to be blessed/cursed with looking younger than your age (im the same way). i was just showing gratitude because, with your contribution, this new Dressing Better thread is much better, in my opinion, than its predecessor. 

Last edited:
jesus! you're only 26. ah, to be blessed/cursed with looking younger than your age (im the same way). i was just showing gratitude because, with your contribution, this new Dressing Better thread is much better, in my opinion, than its predecessor. 
:lol: Thanks, my man. I'll be 27 in November though. I feel pretty old, like I can go catch the early bird dinner special at Denny's now :lol:

Thanks again, I truly appreciate the kind words :smile: A lot of credit needs to be given to others though, ie RFX, K, P, G, etc.

NT has a special place in my heart since it was the first board I've been on, back in the 10th grade or so.

I think this thread has become more established overtime, and it's more or less like a gated community now. Only those who wants to partake come in and do so. The first thread, because it was the first of its kind, got a lot of funny users who came in and tried to be funny, thus degrading the quality of the thread.

I'm really interested to see how this thread evolves in 2-3 years though as the current generation of undergrads finish school and command real money in the professional world.

Last edited:

I second this. Not everything in this thread looks good on everyone. Its ok to pick and choose items that will work for you.
Basically I agree with you and Obina posts

Back
Top Bottom