Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Lol at thinking you're the only ones
I'm just going off the pics I've seen posted. Please share if you have some 
happy.gif

I have two pairs. One from Carmina and the other from Alfred Sargent. Former is in a whiskey hue. Latter is dark brown.

Checked out Carmina. I like the shoe, but what are your thoughts on Crockett & Jones? I'm looking at the Lowndes in dark brown. Any thoughts or experience with them?

C&J makes top notch shoes, you can't go wrong with them if price isn't an issue.

One of these days I will pull the trigger on a pair of Cottesmore/Jodhpurs.

Balenciaga is getting hyped up now right? I recall seeing them on Yoox a couple of years ago but from what I read here, you gotta cop ASAP before they sell out?

Checked out Carmina. I like the shoe, but what are your thoughts on Crockett & Jones? I'm looking at the Lowndes in dark brown. Any thoughts or experience with them?
What last is the Lowndes in? I have 4 pairs of their shoes. 3 pairs from the higher end line and 1 from the bench line. Quality is top notch on all pairs.

I think I skipped the double monk because the last is too pointy. Can't recall for sure since it's been a year or so since I bought them.

Balenciaga is getting hyped up now right? I recall seeing them on Yoox a couple of years ago but from what I read here, you gotta cop ASAP before they sell out?

Not all pairs, mostly Arenas and Cotes and it has to be a simple colorway still, the patchworks with 5 different colors and the runner-inspired pairs still makes it to the sales section.

And they only really sell out because they have kept stock low, most store get one pair per size so yeah it sells quick but kind of misleading, it isn't like Retro J's that are made in thousands (hundreds of thousands?) and still sell out within the first day.

They are getting hyped up right now due to celebrities/artists wearing them and mentioning them in songs.

As far as copping ASAP before they sell out it depends on what model and color you're looking for.

Arenas - Black/Red/White are seasonal online and in stores for the most part with some new color combinations appearing each season. Black are easy to obtain but red almost always sells out in a day or two online and can be hard to track down in stores.

Pleateds - Aren't available online so you need to know an SA at Balenciaga or a high end department store (Ex. Barney's) and possibly get on a wait list. All the colors are pretty popular for the pleateds but the mint is the most elusive and red seems to be a favorite as well.

I've been on a list since around April for red and black pleated and just got the call for my CC info this past weekend.

Last edited:
What last is the Lowndes in? I have 4 pairs of their shoes. 3 pairs from the higher end line and 1 from the bench line. Quality is top notch on all pairs.

I think I skipped the double monk because the last is too pointy. Can't recall for sure since it's been a year or so since I bought them.

It does look like a long shoe, but for some reason I think most monks tend to be on the longer side. I've also been told to go a full size down as well.

It does look like a long shoe, but for some reason I think most monks tend to be on the longer side. I've also been told to go a full size down as well.
The 348 is a very pointy last. My Tetbury is in that last. I stuck with my same size. If you have narrow feet I suppose you can size down one but the dead room in front is supposed to be there for the aesthetic. I prefer the 337 last a lot more than the 348.

Not all pairs, mostly Arenas and Cotes and it has to be a simple colorway still, the patchworks with 5 different colors and the runner-inspired pairs still makes it to the sales section.

And they only really sell out because they have kept stock low, most store get one pair per size so yeah it sells quick but kind of misleading, it isn't like Retro J's that are made in thousands (hundreds of thousands?) and still sell out within the first day.
Lol. Yup. Retro Jordans are so mass produced yet sell extremely well.

Damn, nice Dalton's guys. I'd bite on that deal but I think I rather have a pair of Strands first.

Any deals on Walnut AE strands?

anybody with daltons mind throwing up some on feet pics?

i'm trying to gauge the color because i already have a pair of walnut colored wingtips and don't know if i want to overlap

anybody with daltons mind throwing up some on feet pics?
i'm trying to gauge the color because i already have a pair of walnut colored wingtips and don't know if i want to overlap
Scroll through the thread. There's seriously dozens of pics in here

Back
Top Bottom