Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Probably Clarks. Shirt is J. Crew for sure :lol: Had the same one.
Nah Definitely the McCalisters. I just sold all my Desert Boots and swapped em out with the McCallisters. Slightly sleeker sillhouette and much more comfortable IMO. 
All of this^
My Clarks are so worn that if I step in a dampened area, my socks become soaked. RIP to dat crepe sole.
I say I use them as beaters, they just end up sitting there. Perhaps I'll toss em. I have had them since Xmas '08 :lol:

Are y'all still getting the boots at sale price? I called WI store and the associate said they are 299.

You a day or two late homie think the sale ended the 15th.

Props to Bama my pair came yesterday. $199 with free shipping and no out of state tax for Dalton's is :pimp:

I was at the AE store in SF about to pull the trigger two weekends ago, even with the sale I still saved about $135.

Last edited:
All of this^
My Clarks are so worn that if I step in a dampened area, my socks become soaked. RIP to dat crepe sole.
I say I use them as beaters, they just end up sitting there. Perhaps I'll toss em. I have had them since Xmas '08 :lol:
Traitor.

:lol: that movie was on a few nights ago

Paypal is currently sitting at $350 to put towards a suit. Upon further inspection, their pattern matching game is turrible. Exhibit A:

Peep the breast pocket for reference

This is the attention to detail TaT takes. My next purchase will be them:

The last pattern is what my latest order will be. Should be here in like two weeks :D

hello! i'm planning on pulling the trigger on a ludlow. i'm aware jcrew sales usually dont include ludlows/suiting; should i go ahead and hit em with the student, or wait for a sale that would save me monies? this would be my first suit outside of the crap i bought for job interviews; so any recommendations on other slim fitting suits would be appreciated!
happy.gif

Randomly thought of this just a minute ago, Adrian...you were with your girl before your whole DB transformation, right? What has she thought about your transition, I mean obviously you're still together but we all saw your beginning pics, she had to have been kinda surprised by all of that. :lol:

hello! i'm planning on pulling the trigger on a ludlow. i'm aware jcrew sales usually dont include ludlows/suiting; should i go ahead and hit em with the student, or wait for a sale that would save me monies? this would be my first suit outside of the crap i bought for job interviews; so any recommendations on other slim fitting suits would be appreciated! :D
What is your price range? If you have $400-600 to spend you are definitely better off getting something outside of a ludlow. The construction is very poor for the price they charge. Look into MTM (made to measure). Indochino is currently running a sale. There are 3 piece suits on their site for $400 and if you measure properly, little to no alterations will be needed.

Thick As Thieves LA also does MTM, and their construction is top tier especially at only $500 a suit. However, their sizing on works for slim dudes. No bigger than a 42 chest.

If you feel uncomfortable about providing measurements, Suit Supply have great cuts off the rack and their in house tailor offers unbelievably great prices for any alterations that need to be made. Suits can be had for as low as $399.

Just my two cents.

I'll wear my Dalton's tomorrow. Will snap a pic if the weather permits.
I'll wear my Tricker's tomorrow. Will snap a pic if the weather permits.

We need to do a dbnt vacation in a couple of years. Meet up in France or somewhere else for couple of days to chat up and kick it. Then come back here to talk about it :pimp:

It's not that far fetch for the working ones I think. Save up here and there and in couple of years the money will be ready!

Everyone really speaks English now. Even if it's broken, it's sufficient enough to make you understand.

I need that awesome UK accent though :pimp:

:lol: :pimp: :pimp: ntdb international summit in a few yrs I got y'all on the personal translator tip if we head to France. Me and A need to hit Cali first and rob George's truck :lol: but srs free waffles doe :nerd:

A your style has really matured throughout the years man. I'm feeling it :pimp:
Thanks a bunch brosef. Was just talking to a few DBNTers that just a year ago, pattern matching is something that definitely would've slipped under my radar. Now, that kind of stuff alone is a deal breaker to me :lol:

I can only imagine what my style has in store for me come the next few years. No offense to Wis, but I do not see me going down the same path as him. (which is fine, we all need some variety) I see myself taking my own twist on classic/timeless pieces. We'll see though

Randomly thought of this just a minute ago, Adrian...you were with your girl before your whole DB transformation, right? What has she thought about your transition, I mean obviously you're still together but we all saw your beginning pics, she had to have been kinda surprised by all of that. :lol:
Actually I met her the summer before I started my change and when we started hanging out at school, it was as I was getting into DB. As I've told you, I actually bought my first suit around this time two years ago. So yeah, she did see the transition, but she never really knew streetwear Adrian. Just up and coming menswear me :lol:

Now though, I know she definitely enjoys it. She can notice flaws in guy friends' suits that they would've never picked out themselves. Once they get their bread right, mad of them already have stylist appointments with me, so they say :lol:

Last edited:

We need to do a dbnt vacation in a couple of years. Meet up in France or somewhere else for couple of days to chat up and kick it. Then come back here to talk about it :pimp:

It's not that far fetch for the working ones I think. Save up here and there and in couple of years the money will be ready!

Everyone really speaks English now. Even if it's broken, it's sufficient enough to make you understand.

:lol: :pimp: :pimp: ntdb international summit in a few yrs I got y'all on the personal translator tip if we head to France. Me and A need to hit Cali first and rob George's truck :lol: but srs free waffles doe :nerd:
:nerd:

Idk if this has been posted but Just a heads up to you guys, check your target for a price drop on the Philip Lim collection. I went to one today(in Miami) and they had the remaining collection in the clearance section.

Last edited:
Had to reup on what I consider to be the quintessential slim jean/pant (the right pair is the new "midnight" colour which is pretty much identical to my black pair :rolleyes):

Also went to check out the D&S cardigan Wis posted yesterday. Pretty nifty piece and I definitely want something similar. Wasn't on sale though so it was a no-go.

Favorite denim brand. I might try the Slim Guys next. I want a more straight leg jean, wish I could try them on first though because they look baggier than I want

:nerd:

:lol:

Waffles shall be had.

Nah, man. Around those parts it's lady boys. Like you've seen in Hangover 2 :lol:

Had to reup on what I consider to be the quintessential slim jean/pant (the right pair is the new "midnight" colour which is pretty much identical to my black pair :rolleyes):

Also went to check out the D&S cardigan Wis posted yesterday. Pretty nifty piece and I definitely want something similar. Wasn't on sale though so it was a no-go.
Cop from Macy's website, bro. It came out to $130 with tax. It's like half off

Edit: It looks like the price went up a bit. I'd see if there's a code that can bring it down..it is Macy's afterall so codes are a plenty

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...& Supply Ralph Lauren&searchType=ac&slotId=10

Last edited:
What is your price range? If you have $400-600 to spend you are definitely better off getting something outside of a ludlow. The construction is very poor for the price they charge. Look into MTM (made to measure). Indochino is currently running a sale. There are 3 piece suits on their site for $400 and if you measure properly, little to no alterations will be needed.

Thick As Thieves LA also does MTM, and their construction is top tier especially at only $500 a suit. However, their sizing on works for slim dudes. No bigger than a 42 chest.

If you feel uncomfortable about providing measurements, Suit Supply have great cuts off the rack and their in house tailor offers unbelievably great prices for any alterations that need to be made. Suits can be had for as low as $399.

Just my two cents.
thanks for the tips; i'm on Thick As Thieves and they have plenty of model pics using you and wj4
laugh.gif
. I guess an extra hundred or two wouldnt hurt for good quality. any tips that i should be familiar with?

Back
Top Bottom