Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wait until ll bean has a sale to get the boots. Waiting for heavy rain to rock mine. Still got some mud on them from last year.

About what price point will they be when LL Bean had their sale? I'm definitely interested but what rather not overpay for an impulse purchase :lol:

Well at least I know racism does not only live in the South. I hope he gets a nice settlement, pays for college, and never shops there again.

Racism is everywhere man, I'm sure you know that though.

Sucks that the south is mainly seen as a racist place, there are so many good people down here. Only reason why I'm trying to leave Alabama is there isn't much here for a young person to do and experience

I guess all good things must come to an end. I tried to raise the moral of the thread by using my own money to buy stuff for internal contests. Worked well for a while too. Was glad to see this thread expand beyond clothing and was more about helping in any way a member can.
the thread always goes through ups and downs man

Just a few weeks ago I was walking in a parking lot and ignoring the neighborhood idiots who drive around in a van selling stolen stuff. They started to yell Asian racial slurs at me. I haven't experienced that garbage in years.

Yeah, I actually have family members that will be the first to pull the race card and at the same time they'll say something wildly racist or homophobic. Stuff like that bugs me

Wait until ll bean has a sale to get the boots. Waiting for heavy rain to rock mine. Still got some mud on them from last year.

About what price point will they be when LL Bean had their sale? I'm definitely interested but what rather not overpay for an impulse purchase :lol:

Last year I was able to get my boots for 30% off in December. Not sure how long you're willing to wait. They might have a similar sale in November around black friday or before. You can sign up for their emails so you know when sales start.

Well at least I know racism does not only live in the South. I hope he gets a nice settlement, pays for college, and never shops there again.

Racism is everywhere man, I'm sure you know that though.

Sucks that the south is mainly seen as a racist place, there are so many good people down here. Only reason why I'm trying to leave Alabama is there isn't much here for a young person to do and experience
Exactly. The media makes it seem as if racism only lives in the Bible Belt. But it stretches far and wide. Yeah you need to leave Alabama. At least come to ATL.

They are $100... I think $109 or $119 for the thinsulate version.... thats reasonable already, maybe look for a promo code and I believe shipping is already free

I got the same email about my RW from Nordstrom, only place selling for $100 below retail, guess I will just be patient..

As I have stated this before, I post the pics to participate, not looking for critique.

Yes, "when you post a picture online, you're subjected to critique". Sure. Then let this thread regress back 3 years where no pictures and inspirations were posted.

Yeah, Rob...I wore that watch less than 5 times :lol: I think I got it for myself back in 2010 or something like that.

For all the advices you dish out, Flyknit...you should really post outfits yourself, my man.

Nice time piece.... very nice Lanvins too

They are $100... I think $109 or $119 for the thinsulate version.... thats reasonable already, maybe look for a promo code and I believe shipping is already free

I got the same email about my RW from Nordstrom, only place selling for $100 below retail, guess I will just be patient..

If I didn't have boots already, I would definitely get the thinsulate version. Thinsulate is awesome. Made the mistake of buying gloves with just a fleece lining once versus the thinsulate, lets say the non thinsulate ones don't get worn a lot.

I have the thinsulate ones, need to keep my feet warm. Paid under $84 for them. The goretex lined ones were tempting but didn't like how it was an inner bootie inside the boot.

When i see boots like the thinsulate duck boots for 120 it makes me wonder how timberland can charge such outrageous prices for a boot (contructions) i know is more fashion than function.

Ima need them duck boots for this cleveland winter

Last edited:
I don't own a pair of constructions but I have 10 year old field boots that are still the most durable snow boots I own.

I almost slipped on a wet floor in my duck boots. Probably an anomaly or I just needed to get more wear on the soles.

I think it's time to get my Red Wings resoled :frown:

I saw a pair of rhose black ones in person today for the first time and they look pretty nice. Would definitely cop for $150.

When i see boots like the thinsulate duck boots for 120 it makes me wonder how timberland can charge such outrageous prices for a boot (contructions) i know is more fashion than function.

Ima need them duck boots for this cleveland winter

Apples to oranges bro, Timberlands are actually well made construction boots, I have never used a pair of timberlands for function, I give them away when the color fades, I have never kept a pair so long to see the sole worn down or see an structural damage to the boot. LL bean boots are for wet weather and the cold.

Clean fits Type R

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with Chippewa? I noticed J Crew sells their Service Boot but I can't find any retailers with the suede model :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom