Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just got my RW from nordstrom in russet...i gotta admit, even though they let me order the 1907 coppers, I think I will keep the russets.  they are just beautiful. 

Anyone who might be looking for Desert Boots, Piperlime has 30% off til 11/8. They end up being $84 w/free shipping.

Clark's

Also, the Gap x Bespoken suede baseball jacket is on sale for $299. No idea if there are any 30% or whatever at Gap and if the GQ collection is still included. I was about to get it because I have $125 of "GapCash" but it's only good from 12/3-12/8. :rolleyes

For those looking for Red Wings, hit up your local Nordstrom Rack. At two seperates Racks around my way, I saw full size runs of Moc Toes ($139.99), Round Toes ($139.99) and Beckmans ($179.99). Also, they were in a variety of colorways.

**Edit: added Rack prices

Last edited:
Spent some quality time with my tailor today...

Completely bespoke with lifetime alterations.

Still not sure on two button or one. He was saying I should pull the trigger on just a 1 button jacket. (any opinions on this?)
Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
Double opening in the back.
(forgot the exact term for it) Rolled up pant cuff by about an inch or so since I have very skinny legs compared to my upperbody.
like this:
wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg

Last edited:
Mission 2: to effectively dress better purchase an ascot

ive been telling people about the ascot for months now lol

I'm just not sure when I'd rock but I really want to make this move.

Still not sure on two button or one. He was saying I should pull the trigger on just a 1 button jacket. (any opinions on this?)
Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
(forgot the exact term for it) Rolled up pant cuff by about an inch or so since I have very skinny legs compared to my upperbody.
like this:
wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg

Historically, one button suits are reserved for more formal occasions. I would cop the traditional two button suit if I were you. Cuffs are a personal preference, but I'll ask how heavy is the wool? I prefer cuffs on my heavier weight wool trousers. Is the grey fabric and paisley lining posted what you went with?

Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
like this:
wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg

Historically, one button suits are reserved for more formal occasions. I would cop the traditional two button suit if I were you. Cuffs are a personal preference, but I'll ask how heavy is the wool? I prefer cuffs on my heavier weight wool trousers. Is the grey fabric and paisley lining posted what you went with?

Yeah I considered going with a traditional 2 button. But the suit will be used for weddings and for corporate, so that's why he suggested the 1 button.
I went with the grey, and paisley on the inside.
The fabric is medium weight I remember him saying a "120". It's not too heavy so it gets me through the summer daze, but not too thin which will leave me out in the cold winter.

Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
like this:
wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg

Yeah I considered going with a traditional 2 button. But the suit will be used for weddings and for corporate, so that's why he suggested the 1 button.
The fabric is medium weight I remember him saying a "120". It's not too heavy so it gets me through the summer daze, but not too thin which will leave me out in the cold winter.

He probably said that the wool was Super 120's where the "120" refers to the grade, or fineness, of the wool fibers. I think that the 1-Button + cuff combo would work based on what you'll be using it for and your described body type. That combo you posted is :pimp: . How long will it take from yesterday before it's finally in your closet?

Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
[spoiler] like this: [img]http://suitupdressup.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg?w=283&h=300[/spoiler]

He probably said that the wool was Super 120's where the "120" refers to the grade, or fineness, of the wool fibers. I think that the 1-Button + cuff combo would work based on what you'll be using it for and your described body type. That combo you posted is :pimp: . How long will it take from yesterday before it's finally in your closet?

He'll have me sorted out by last week of November. Normally it should take 6-7 weeks. But he knows I got a wedding to go to at the end of the month, so he'll sort me out.

Btw, it's 3 piece with the waist coat.

120 a good grade to start off with?

Peak wide lapels.
3 pockets
like this:
wellfittedsuitcuff.jpg
BESPOKE?????

YOU ARE BLESSED AND BEAUTIFUL MY CHILD

MAKE THE MOVE AND THE ANSWERS SHALL BE REVEALED.

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER

ROBIN THICKE TOOK OVER DRESSING BETTER
*bows down* *salutes* HAIL TO THE CHIEF
roll.gif
roll.gif
THIS YEAR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES WILL BE BLESSED WITH THREAD AND CHARM BEYOND THE IMAGINATION OF THE MOST SARTORIAL OF GENTLEMEN

- - - -

IN TERMS OF BUTTONS.

CLASSIC FOR YOU

MEANS YOU WANT TWO

WANTON YE FANCY

LETTUCE BE THREE

BIG BELLY AND FUN

SLIMMING IS ONE

Man whats going on in this thread? I leave come back and folks are banned and some leave cause they are hurt. SMDH

Man whats going on in this thread? I leave come back and folks are banned and some leave cause they are hurt. SMDH
Wait....so people left because of the constructive criticism?  We talking about Wi here?
roll.gif

Dude had the audacity to wear a X-Small slim fit floral print tank top and slim fit jeans with some pink foamposites in a thread titled "dressing better."
roll.gif
 Wearing Jordans with a blazer and chinos? Come on man. The criticism was not rooted in hate, we were trying to help you bro, just giving you our honest opinion. Take it from me, transparency and honesty about where you can improve can be some of the most valuable things in life, whether it be in work, school, or a thread like this, to not be open to it is ignorant and snobbish. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom